Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
My 2020 JLUR has the longer Mopar LCA’s, they don’t fix the pull to the right. at 40 degrees outside mine drives perfect. At 80 degrees it pulls to the right quite a bit. The steel gearbox was installed 4 months ago. Dealer said the computer was flashed, but I have no proof. I’ve been waiting to take it back in till there’s some real evidence of a fix. Jeep cares has been great. I see the Jan 9th revision at least makes it sound like my 37’s that I put on after the steel gearbox won’t be an automatic battle with the dealer. What to do!?!?
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
no sir. Pull is the same in every street (yes I thought it could be the highway deeper road tracks)
Side streets, parking lots, slow, fast, doesn’t matter.... pulls to the right and requires a constant wheel pressure ti the left so it tracks straight.
Wish that I had an answer for you Tiago. I'm sure that you've already had the toe checked and that you've checked for even air pressure.

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Wish that I had an answer for you Tiago. I'm sure that you've already had the toe checked and that you've checked for even air pressure.
Mine pulled to the right as well with old box and still pulled some with new box. I ended up installing a Falcon 2.1 Through shaft
(TS) stabilizer (non adjustable cheaper version) which firmed up the feel and seem to eliminate the constant pull. I still have an annoying dead spot but at least it
tracks straight

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I know a few of you have been commenting about a pull to the right still. If anyone would be willing to try this I have a theory........adjust your drag link about 1/4 turn longer, it should move your wheel slightly to the left if anything. My theory is the spool valve in the box is hanging open just a touch to the Rt. This is opening the valve to direct fluid to the Rt side of the power assist. In theory turning the wheel slightly to the Lt. Will close the valve. Jeep added a wheel alignment to the last TSB, during the alignment they would adjust the steer ahead and center the wheel, I have a feeling this is why they added that. It should only take 10 minutes and it might make a difference..........

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Being a solid axle vehicle both front and rear, what is an expected "normal" steering feeling?

I have a 2020 JLUR, it tracks straight, but on rougher or more pitched roads needs subtle steering input to keep it straight. I have maybe a 1/2" to 3/4" "dead spot" each side of center.

Is this to be considered "normal" for a solid front axle vehicle? Should there be zero dead spot and steer as tight as an independent suspension vehicle?

My wife's 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk for example, the steering is tight, no looseness, floaty feeling or dead spots in the wheel.

What should the realistic expectation be for the steering on a JL and JLU Wrangler? At this point, I have no clue if I should expect better from the current steering on ours.

Tsalvador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
My 2020 JLUR has the longer Mopar LCA’s, they don’t fix the pull to the right. at 40 degrees outside mine drives perfect. At 80 degrees it pulls to the right quite a bit. The steel gearbox was installed 4 months ago. Dealer said the computer was flashed, but I have no proof. I’ve been waiting to take it back in till there’s some real evidence of a fix. Jeep cares has been great. I see the Jan 9th revision at least makes it sound like my 37’s that I put on after the steel gearbox won’t be an automatic battle with the dealer. What to do!?!?
There are so many posts about it fixing and people saying they had good experiences. But I guess these Jeep’s are poorly built and it could be so many things.
Mine is a 2021 JLURD which FCA has no open TSB for the steering. Supposedly it comes with the updated one. No dead spot while driving. But the right pull is just annoying.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I know a few of you have been commenting about a pull to the right still. If anyone would be willing to try this I have a theory........adjust your drag link about 1/4 turn longer, it should move your wheel slightly to the left if anything. My theory is the spool valve in the box is hanging open just a touch to the Rt. This is opening the valve to direct fluid to the Rt side of the power assist. In theory turning the wheel slightly to the Lt. Will close the valve. Jeep added a wheel alignment to the last TSB, during the alignment they would adjust the steer ahead and center the wheel, I have a feeling this is why they added that. It should only take 10 minutes and it might make a difference..........
Then that's why my very brief steering box service ticket reads "Caster and thrust angle out of spec due to lift kit." at the bottom.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I did a search but didn't find anything. Has anyone gotten theirs back and felt the steering to be a little sticky back and forth. I need to drive it some more but that's the feeling I think I'm getting.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Then that's why my very brief steering box service ticket reads "Caster and thrust angle out of spec due to lift kit." at the bottom.
Yes, your caster is probably higher that the “recommend” spec. Rubicon’s are I think 4.5 and everything else is 5.5

Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I did a search but didn't find anything. Has anyone gotten theirs back and felt the steering to be a little sticky back and forth. I need to drive it some more but that's the feeling I think I'm getting.
Mine was like that for about 1 day. I think there was still some air in it. Turning it from lock to lock about 20 times eliminated that.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I have a 2020 JLUR, it tracks straight, but on rougher or more pitched roads needs subtle steering input to keep it straight. I have maybe a 1/2" to 3/4" "dead spot" each side of center.
I can only speak to mine Mike. It's a '20 JLR and, from the factory, had a dead spot about the same as yours. It also tended to move around a good bit on roads with a lot of variation. With the dead spot it seemed that I was always behind starting a steering correction and then overcorrected. I first changed the lower front control arms to the MOPAR version and that made a noticeable difference in straight line tracking. A week later the steering box was changed to the steel version. All of this was done about 5,000 miles ago. The new box has almost no dead spot if any at all. It still need input on rough roads but now steers very similar to our Expedition and F150.

Later,
Johnny

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I can only speak to mine Mike. It's a '20 JLR and, from the factory, had a dead spot about the same as yours. It also tended to move around a good bit on roads with a lot of variation. With the dead spot it seemed that I was always behind starting a steering correction and then overcorrected. I first changed the lower front control arms to the MOPAR version and that made a noticeable difference in straight line tracking. A week later the steering box was changed to the steel version. All of this was done about 5,000 miles ago. The new box has almost no dead spot if any at all. It still need input on rough roads but now steers very similar to our Expedition and F150.

Later,
Johnny
Thank you. If I knew the new steering box and software update would remove the dead spot entirely, or close to it, I would probably have it done. I am hesitant, as it has made the steering worse for some. I asked my wife how she thought the steering was after she drove it, and she really had no complaints.

Last edited:

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I asked my wife how she thought t he steering was after she drove it, and she really had no complaints.
Mine had no complaints either. But, about 5 miles out of town after the change she turned to me and said "Wow!".

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Same pull to the right, have to keep the wheel about an inch to the left to go straight. Goes in Friday, will see what they say....
Hey, Stumeat. Let us know how your appointment goes and if you need any more assistance send a private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored