Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've got a PDF copy of revision C Rick dated 10/23/20 and you are correct that it only adds the part number for the diesel box. If someone can tell me how to post a PDF file I'll do so.

Later,
Johnny
08-074-20 Rev E was issued Nov 19 202

08-074-20 Rev F was issued Dec 3 2020 (added right hand drive vehicles)

Still doesn’t mention the track bar.

Sponsored

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
I work 13 hour days all weekend so I won’t be able to ask until Monday but I will see if I can get more info from them when I pick it up on Monday.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

So I finally got the new TSB steering box installed. Started this process in July, now we are in Dec. But now there is a loud hissing noise coming from the steering wheel. If you turn it slightly and hold it in place, it makes that hissing noise for a few seconds, then stops and starts again. When it stops, it jerks the steering wheel. It also makes the noise the entire time you turn. My friends who got the work done at another dealership don't have this issue. Trying to figure out what the noise is coming from and why it is making the noise before I go back to the dealership.

J Bozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
This does seem like it’s a steel box.....

“NOTE: The aluminum steering gear frame bolts will have two different size bolts. The new steel gear frame bolts will all be the same size.”
Use a Magnet & see.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

So I finally got the new TSB steering box installed. Started this process in July, now we are in Dec. But now there is a loud hissing noise coming from the steering wheel. If you turn it slightly and hold it in place, it makes that hissing noise for a few seconds, then stops and starts again. When it stops, it jerks the steering wheel. It also makes the noise the entire time you turn. My friends who got the work done at another dealership don't have this issue. Trying to figure out what the noise is coming from and why it is making the noise before I go back to the dealership.
Might be the steering pump. Open the hood and have someone move the steering wheel. See if it is originating from under the steering fluid reservoir. Others have reported steering pump problems after the new steering box was installed.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Might be the steering pump. Open the hood and have someone move the steering wheel. See if it is originating from under the steering fluid reservoir. Others have reported steering pump problems after the new steering box was installed.
So the noise is coming from the pump. They also overfilled the reservoir , it was gushing out all over the place, and they didn't bleed the system. Maybe if it was bled, it wouldn't have been so full in the reservoir. It sounds better now, but still making noise.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So the noise is coming from the pump. They also overfilled the reservoir , it was gushing out all over the place, and they didn't bleed the system. Maybe if it was bled, it wouldn't have been so full in the reservoir. It sounds better now, but still making noise.
The steering pump can usually be heard to a point even when all is good. Did you remove some of the fluid so it is in between the full marks? And how does it steer now?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Took my Jeep in Wednesday. Got it back Yesterday. The steering is 100% fixed. It still doesn't drive like my wifes Ford Edge, but I didn't expect it to. I am satisfied and consider the problem fixed.

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Got the Jeep back today. Steering does feel better. From what I gather they only have to replace the track bar on Jeep’s that don’t have the one that came out early 2019.

Now it has to go back because the steering wheel is not straight. It sits about an inch to the right while going straight down the highway. So I get to spend another day at the dealer waiting for them to redo the alignment to attempt to get it straight.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Jeep back today. Steering does feel better. From what I gather they only have to replace the track bar on Jeep’s that don’t have the one that came out early 2019.

Now it has to go back because the steering wheel is not straight. It sits about an inch to the right while going straight down the highway. So I get to spend another day at the dealer waiting for them to redo the alignment to attempt to get it straight.
If you have any wrenches centering the steering wheel is real simple.

Last edited:

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Got mine done on Friday and now it seems the dead spot is more pronounced.
Sponsored