Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the Jeep back from having the TSB done. Wow! So much better, made it worth the fight. I do have one random issue now though, every time I come to a stop my outside temperature spikes? Anyone see anything like this before? LOL

20201029_115232.jpg

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
On my last two long trips (>3000 miles), the wandering has been REALLY bad which tends to substantiate the thought as the system heats up the wandering gets worse.

Made it out to the dealer today and he ordered the TSB parts to replace my steering box. I also have two recalls to complete--front seat belt retractor and upgrade the camera software.

I also wanted to have my rear window defogger repaired (wire detached), but the service writer stated that FCA does not cover that. @JeepCares - is that correct? I am still well within my standard warranty and I have a 7 year/unlimited mileage max care warranty.

Please advise.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Well 4.5 hrs at dealer today for TSB install. Super job by dealer and drove 45 mile test drive back home with most of it one handed with elbow on the window. Interstate 95 for 10miles and the rest on us 17 2 lane for about 40 miles. Get it done, don’t wait.
after steersmarts install Monday I will update on that also. Hope this helps some of you thinking about getting it done. Also dealer ordered seat latch parts for update. Did not know there was a problem.

Sponsored

mvng4wd

First Name
Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the full version of this? My screen only shows about 2/3s of the first page. Thanks!
Thats all the staff at Jeep Cares gave to me. Sorry!

FreddyS

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thats all the staff at Jeep Cares gave to me. Sorry!
Thanks. I'm trying to determine if my diesel qualifies for the tsb. It's a 20 jlur diesel with the aluminum box. Seeing mixed news about it. Thanks.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'm trying to determine if my diesel qualifies for the tsb. It's a 20 jlur diesel with the aluminum box. Seeing mixed news about it. Thanks.

I'm 98% sure rev C of the TSB is specifically for the diesel.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
I brought my (new to me) 2018 2 door Rubicon in to Jeep of Seattle this morning for evaluation because I've found in the 1000 miles I've put on it that it's suffering from this issue. The advisor just called and said he substantiated my concerns by driving it, mentioned there's a TSB to swap the aluminum steering gear with a cast iron one and that they were ordering parts that are ~ 2 weeks out.

I'm not sure if this is the same Seattle area dealer @Stumeat went through but if it is they clearly got the message as I had a much easier time with the service advisor than they did. If that's the case I am benefitting from your persistence and I appreciate it!

StovallH

First Name
Hyman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Forester
I’m headed to pick up my JLUR from the dealer now. I hope it’s fixed with no future probs! Fingers crossed!

Sponsored

vaayl

First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Happy to report that my Jeep drives much better after completing the TSB repair this week... finally (the dealer never called to let me know the parts were in).

I still notice a bit of a pull/drift to the right when I let my hands completely off the wheel, but it is much stiffer than it was stock. It's so nice being able to drive with one hand on the wheel and one out the window. Best of luck to those still waiting on the fix.

Stumeat

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
I brought my (new to me) 2018 2 door Rubicon in to Jeep of Seattle this morning for evaluation because I've found in the 1000 miles I've put on it that it's suffering from this issue. The advisor just called and said he substantiated my concerns by driving it, mentioned there's a TSB to swap the aluminum steering gear with a cast iron one and that they were ordering parts that are ~ 2 weeks out.

I'm not sure if this is the same Seattle area dealer @Stumeat went through but if it is they clearly got the message as I had a much easier time with the service advisor than they did. If that's the case I am benefitting from your persistence and I appreciate it!
I went through a dealership in Everett. I started dealing with the manager. Apparently the local managers were all presented the TSB, required to read, and acknowledge that they read it. Once I started dealing wth the manager all was very smooth. My best guess is that FCA communicated poorly wth the dealerships.

I'm ready to put the nightmare behind me and enjoy the Jeep now. My only remaining question is that if it truly does fix the issue, regardless of mods done to the vehicle, and we've proven that with our collective experiences, how can they continue to try and deny the fix to anyone? It's obviously a faulty design.

Like I stated earlier when I was in the middle of the fight, I do greatly appreciate @JeepCares efforts, and for that matter the local service manager. But that doesn't fix, or explain why, the need for elevating an issue like this. It is a known fault.

Sorry, rant over, I did say i was ready to move on... lol

Last edited:

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Quick update. Had my JLUR swapped to the new steering box about two weeks ago. After picking it up steering felt much better but it was notchy and grabbed a bit when turning to the right...also the steering pump was really loud and noticeable from inside.

At the same time I told them about the service rear locker light, so they ordered a new rear axle for me. It’s the only fix for now.

I took it in Wed for the rear axle swap and had them look at all the steering issues.

Picked it up today and all is just about perfect. A new tech was assigned my Jeep for the rear locker so he re-checked all the steering. He ended up re-assembling some parts of the steering column and adjusted the sway bar to address the right turn grabbing. Not sure what else he did, but it fixed everything.

Now I just hope my rear axle sensor lasts another 30,000 miles.

Good luck to everyone else. My steering fixed...I’m outta here.

Well, if anyone has any questions I’ll be hanging around. I know some have the notchiness as well.

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
Just to confirm... with the flash update as part of the TSB... did everyone loose their radio presets..? Or is there another way to check to see software version?

Markham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
Just to confirm... with the flash update as part of the TSB... did everyone loose their radio presets..? Or is there another way to check to see software version?
I would like to know this too.
Sponsored