Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
You guys should write your dealer experiences in the other thread about the crowd source poll. Valuable information when we are trying to take it to a competent place
Sponsored

nashvillen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
You guys should write your dealer experiences in the other thread about the crowd source poll. Valuable information when we are trying to take it to a competent place
Do you have a link for this thread? I tried a search for "crowd source poll" and got nothing. Thanks! I would be happy to post there my experiences with this dealership.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2020 JLUW
Yep, I mentioned this as well. They told me a TSB isnā€™t a recall...

He said they canā€™t order it if they canā€™t replicate the issue. I even verbatim quoted the ā€œif the customer describes the symptoms, perform the repair.ā€ Line
Wow, thatā€™s unacceptable! Iā€™d try another dealer and get @JeepCares involved in the meantime. Maybe even a call/email to the GM of the dealership.

Sponsored

nashvillen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
To me 4 trips, and shit a month with Jeep Cares to get my Dealer motivated. Keep pushing, you'll get there.
Just got my JLU back. They are going to do the repairs per the two TSBs that qualify. Going to be a few days to get the parts, but once they do they will schedule the repairs. Keep pushing is the key!

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I called the local dealership today and they said I have to bring my 2018 JLU Rubicon in in 2 weeks and they will drive it around to assess if thereā€™s a problem or not. They also said that they can only order one steering box a month and they have 5 people lined up already so it will take a while. They have been pretty good in the past but this sounds like itā€™s already starting off shaky. Any ideas?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I called the local dealership today and they said I have to bring my 2018 JLU Rubicon in in 2 weeks and they will drive it around to assess if thereā€™s a problem or not. They also said that they can only order one steering box a month and they have 5 people lined up already so it will take a while. They have been pretty good in the past but this sounds like itā€™s already starting off shaky. Any ideas?
Tell them it gets worse as it heats up on longer drives and is scary to drive at highway speeds, so scary that your significant other refuses to drive it. Always throw words around like unsafe, safety concern, etc :like:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Tell them it gets worse as it heats up on longer drives and is scary to drive at highway speeds, so scary that your significant other refuses to drive it. Always throw words around like unsafe, safety concern, etc :like:
Those words as well as herpes, the clap, pictures and law suit and you should be good to go. :like:

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Interesting update. According to the service writer at my local jeep dealership, the TSB for the steering box is NOT available for the diesel engine. Apparently the new box will not fit into the space. This is weird because you would think the new box would simply go where the old one is.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting update. According to the service writer at my local jeep dealership, the TSB for the steering box is NOT available for the diesel engine. Apparently the new box will not fit into the space. This is weird because you would think the new box would simply go where the old one is.
Looks to be true.
Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 18766CC7-60DD-41D3-B281-721D9CAE1C5C

SaltyWet

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Looks to be true.
Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 18766CC7-60DD-41D3-B281-721D9CAE1C5C
Where did you find that? Looked everywhere for Revision B. I have a diesel and had TSB done before the Revision B came out, wanted to see the last page of Rev B if they mention anything about the diesel for labour since the first one had it listed.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find that? Looked everywhere for Revision B. I have a diesel and had TSB done before the Revision B came out, wanted to see the last page of Rev B if they mention anything about the diesel for labour since the first one had it listed.
Screen shot from FB Jeep page.

Jeep Wrangler JL New JL Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 0BF3063A-27A4-491F-B512-FD66C03205FE

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Just got a call today from my SA...parts are in after about a month.
Appointment scheduled for Monday. I'll be verifying they have the right steering box before work is started.

I'll report back results next week.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine back on Thursday. It is more responsive but now I have a little bit of bump steer that was Not there before and an occasional mild vibration or shimmy in the steering wheel. I did not have these before the TSB work. Anyone else notice the same?
Yes,, I had mine done yesterday. Now I have a lot of extra oscillation! :/
Sponsored