Not open for further replies.

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
@Jumpinn Jeep I've been thinking of this tire carrier for my bumper. How was the install with the third brake light and camera? I saw one review that mentioned the factory wheel might not fit. I see you have after market, but figured I'd ask. I have the factory 17" Rubicon wheels with 35"s. We have the same bumper I see.
Sponsored

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
@Jumpinn Jeep I've been thinking of this tire carrier for my bumper. How was the install with the third brake light and camera? I saw one review that mentioned the factory wheel might not fit. I see you have after market, but figured I'd ask. I have the factory 17" Rubicon wheels with 35"s. We have the same bumper I see.
@Big Husky
I have the first generation of this tire carrier, I spoke to DV8 and discussed the fact that I couldn’t run a factory wheel. They notified me that there is a replacement camera guard but will require a little drilling to align the bolts and that it’s a relatively simple fix.
If you’re interested and can pick it up I’ll make you a great deal on mine, I removed it and ended up going with the Rustys Off-road version, the reason being is that my new wheel tire combo weighs 145 lbs and it’s just a little heavy for the DV8 tire carrier, however with the wheel tire set up you see in the pic it’s perfect and holds the weight with zero flex. So to answer your question the new current gen of this tire carrier is supposed to be compatible with the factory wheels.

cheers!

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
@Big Husky
I have the first generation of this tire carrier, I spoke to DV8 and discussed the fact that I couldn’t run a factory wheel. They notified me that there is a replacement camera guard but will require a little drilling to align the bolts and that it’s a relatively simple fix.
If you’re interested and can pick it up I’ll make you a great deal on mine, I removed it and ended up going with the Rustys Off-road version, the reason being is that my new wheel tire combo weighs 145 lbs and it’s just a little heavy for the DV8 tire carrier, however with the wheel tire set up you see in the pic it’s perfect and holds the weight with zero flex. So to answer your question the new current gen of this tire carrier is supposed to be compatible with the factory wheels.

cheers!
@Big Husky

cheers!
one more thing about the third brake light, is a super easy install as well as getting the camera to work.

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
@Big Husky

cheers!
If there is a second generation out that has corrected the issue, I think I'll recheck with them and go from there.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm on the other coast ;)

fireleo710

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I should of gone with some thing else!!!! My tailgate is not opening and closing right. You have to really push the tailgate to close and when you want to open the tailgate it wants to explode out of its bracket. I have adjusted the heim multiple times. Still trying to figure out why this system is not even close to being smooth or working properly. I have a set of screws that came in like this package, that are totally different, spots that are missing the coated protection. Anyone have any suggestions please give me a shout-out. Thanks.

66196F93-AD86-4CA8-8D80-A67C532220E5.jpeg

BC4BE095-4196-4D1C-88A5-2FE79AF6BE74.jpeg

AB138B5E-748B-4BF3-B48F-04FF662B0C34.jpeg

E2F1ECC3-C8CC-4AC9-A556-5B32C8C9BBEF.jpeg

4D7866C3-E33E-40BE-A526-F81AF72F1521.jpeg

F9817F8F-A804-4328-8FDA-AD1F3B1504DC.jpeg

Sponsored

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
The carrier is supposed to be tight by design, this is what prevents the carrier from rattling when you have the weight of the tire on it. As far as the coating goes, that has a whole lot more to do with the supplier and the delivery carrier, I ordered my front bumper from one company that actually ships from their in house stock and my rear bumper and tire carrier I ordered from Morris4x4 with DV8 products they drop ship from the manufacturer not in-house stock that gets bashed around (I’m speaking of this because it took that other company sending me 3 bumpers before I settled and just got a can of paint to paint the scratches and chips myself).

fireleo710

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Out of my frustration, I was a bit to harsh on my last post. A lot of variables played into my issue with this my bumper, mainly having 4 Wheel parts installing it, cause I wasn’t comfortable with the electrical side of it. Overall after calming down and being humbled by one of the members here. I have to say that I’m happy with this bumper. Made some little adjustments and my tailgate functions properly. The lights, sensors, back up camera works like it should, no issues. Overall good buy, I’ll take a deep breath next time I post a review.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.