Sponsored

NEW JL RADIO FREAKED OUT THIS MORNING ON THE WAY TO WORK.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Turbo 2door Stingray Sport and 6cyl 4door White Sahara
they said it could be 2 weeks out :( they weren't sure about availability :)
dealer didn't get display with last parts shipment ... waiting for display on next parts shipment ,,, on jan.2(?) :)
Sponsored

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
I'm going to be honest, the JL radios have a large amount of problems, and generally ( in my mind ) a recall should be issued, and they should be replaced with something that actually works.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
replacement radio-display was warranty replaced today successfully - so far no problems and (finally) working normally :)

andyacad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
replacement radio-display was warranty replaced today successfully - so far no problems and (finally) working normally :)
Great!
I’m on week 4 and Jeep is still deciding whether to replace it or dick around with more software updates. :mad:

Sponsored

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
we also took multiple cell phone videos of it selecting display menu items by itself to show the dealer just in case - but it was happening so consistently that we were able to show it to them live and in person - and updates were all current :)

HoustonJL

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Have had my 2019 JL for a week and just started having this same issue. No control over music, temperature, or convenience features (heated seats/steering wheel). Just contacted dealer today and have an appointment in the morning.

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Just an FYI, I've had mine in the dealer three times, checked fuses, load tested batteries, and the radio is still haywire. Jeep/ Jeep Cares / Jeep chat have all been of zero help.

FUBAR. Jeep.

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 or 3 days so far and problem has not returned ... not an expert but can't help wondering if the old radio-display touchscreen had an intermittent grounding issue similar to below link, seems plausible(?) - sounds good but just guessing ... thankfully the replacement radio display has been solid so far, - although the new ESN confuses SiriusXM and the next challenge is getting the remaining subscription updated :)

HoustonJL

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Have had my 2019 JL for a week and just started having this same issue. No control over music, temperature, or convenience features (heated seats/steering wheel). Just contacted dealer today and have an appointment in the morning.
Still haven’t had the dealer look at it, but tried cleaning the screen. That helped, but the glitching issue still happens every once in awhile, typically when I’m showing my new car. Will update after dealer appointment.

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
2 or 3 days so far and problem has not returned ... not an expert but can't help wondering if the old radio-display touchscreen had an intermittent grounding issue similar to below link, seems plausible(?) - sounds good but just guessing ... thankfully the replacement radio display has been solid so far, - although the new ESN confuses SiriusXM and the next challenge is getting the remaining subscription updated :)
I'm pretty sure the 8.4 has a resistive touch screen, although I don't have one. A resistive touch screen should not be sensitive to grounding issues like in the video. The phone in the video has a capacitive touch screen.

zb23358

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Any updates on this? Mine is doing something similar, but i have not had time to look into it much yet, as i have only had the Jeep for five days. It clicks nearly the entire time that i drive like someone is pushing a button on the touch screen. It seems to primarily focus on the "Media" tab and will sometimes pop-up and say that this function is not available. It also changes the audio source, whether just running through regular bluetooth or through CarPlay - it may jump over to FM or XM randomly and for whatever reason, the volume is MUCH louder when it does this. It is extremely annoying and about to drive me crazy!

thewise1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...our radio/display (Sahara) has been working normally so far, since it was replaced in early january :)

Arogers947

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I feel like I may be jinxing myself here, but after trying several solutions to this problem, including powering off, etc., I found success by actually selecting “reset to factory default”. This did the trick immediately, for some weird reason. Here’s hoping it doesn’t act up again.
Sponsored