Sponsored

New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

ExRIGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2015 Charger R/T
What stage is it in? Where's it going?
It has been in KZ status for 34 days now. Supposedly in MD and coming to VA, but then again everyone I talk to is incompetent so who knows.

Markim37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Ordered 9/16.
Delivered to dealer 10/16

JLRU was delivered today to Motor Inn of Spirit Lake. (I live in NW AR, flying to pick up) Not sure when I will be able to pick it up because my window sticker says they placed the Falcon MT tires on the Jeep and I ordered the KO2's. The issue is, I have already sold the KO2's, so I will have to wait for the dealership to replace the tires with the correct order.

Here's a side note. I already have a bumper I want to place on the Jeep. I called Jeep customer service to ask about the difference in the Rubicon LED fog lights and the other models. He couldn't give me the answer, so I asked him if he had an update on my Jeep. He told me it was in KZ status waiting to be shipped. I laughed and told him 3 other Jeep reps had told me it shipped two weeks ago, and that my dealer told me last week it was in Omaha. He told me again, it had not shipped. I bid him a quick goodnight and hung up. I immediately went to live chat and asked the agent if they could give me an update on my Jeep. They told me it was delivered today, and even listed the dealership where it was dropped off. I just don't get the poor communication between the company employees, and how two different customer service agents could be that far off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
Pre-ordered JLUR in Australia February 9th 2019..... Received it 20th September 2019.
Rubicons got delayed even more than the other models. The ship that my Jeep was in was also delayed by a month due to bad weather.
I remember it arriving in port late July and got to the dealer by mid august....It was ready for pickup by late August but I was overseas then and could not take delivery until late September.

Seeing my JLUR on the showroom floor was such a fantastic feeling. I knew I was getting one since it was leaked before it was officially announced in the US. So it was basically a 2 year wait time for me.

I didn't even care that the car next to my Jeep had a big red bow on it and my didn't. There were two dealers there talking to me as organised paperwork and both could see how eager I was to get in and drive off... My dealer asked me (though he knew the answer) if I wanted him to show me around the Jeep and explain the functions/operations etc. I just gave him a smile and he understood.

My first drive was a Horrible, 2 hour long, cramped (soft top box in the back) trip through start-stop traffic to get to my house... which should have been tops 40 minutes away... Hooray for Sydney traffic!

I was smiling the whole time.

jesnamy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bikini (Amy)
Ordered wife's JLUR on 08/10 and it arrived at dealership on 10/15 (9 weeks and 3 days). Plan to pickup this Friday 10/18. Was stuck in "I" stage for majority of time. No reason given for the delay from dealer or jeep chat.

ExRIGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre-ordered JLUR in Australia February 9th 2019..... Received it 20th September 2019.
Rubicons got delayed even more than the other models. The ship that my Jeep was in was also delayed by a month due to bad weather.
I remember it arriving in port late July and got to the dealer by mid august....It was ready for pickup by late August but I was overseas then and could not take delivery until late September.

Seeing my JLUR on the showroom floor was such a fantastic feeling. I knew I was getting one since it was leaked before it was officially announced in the US. So it was basically a 2 year wait time for me.

I didn't even care that the car next to my Jeep had a big red bow on it and my didn't. There were two dealers there talking to me as organised paperwork and both could see how eager I was to get in and drive off... My dealer asked me (though he knew the answer) if I wanted him to show me around the Jeep and explain the functions/operations etc. I just gave him a smile and he understood.

My first drive was a Horrible, 2 hour long, cramped (soft top box in the back) trip through start-stop traffic to get to my house... which should have been tops 40 minutes away... Hooray for Sydney traffic!

I was smiling the whole time.
I will stop whining about my wait now. So you just received a 2019 I guess, right?

ExRIGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Celebrating 2 full months today since my order. May cancel. That angry.

Sponsored

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I will stop whining about my wait now. So you just received a 2019 I guess, right?
Mate, the hardest wait was the couple weeks once I knew my Jeep was in the country.... So wine all you want, I will completely understand!

Yeah, 2019 JLUR Ocean Blue. We only have four customization options for the Rubi here in Au.
- Luxury package : adds heated leather seats and heated steering wheel
- Electrical group: adds the 4 Aux buttons and a couple other things.
- Trail rail management system
- The alternate wheels (only thing I didn't get)

Apparently there is a price rise for our 2020 model along with the removal of some features. So I am really glad with the MY2019.

:)

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
ordered 8/27 and still waiting. 2dr rubicon

Greenek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JlR Stingray (ordered 8/21) 2018 Mercedes E43 AMG
Delivered to the dealer today!!! Woohoo! I stopped by and grabbed a photo next to my current car. Hoping to take it home this weekend!

IMG_1790.JPG

Niprut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser, Tundra
Ordered 9/16 and picked up 10/16. Not a long wait at all relatively speaking, and I’m so glad I ordered exactly what I wanted vs settled for something close that was on the dealer lot. My wife loves it too and has opted to drive it instead of her Land Cruiser the past couple days. Happy customers here!
Sponsored