New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Ordered my Sport S with premium tan Sunrider on May 24th. 2 1/2 weeks ago I was told it was pulled for an extra inspection. Today I was told that 1800 JLs with soft tops were being held up by the top manufacturer for inspection. Does anyone know about this?
My dealer warned me about the extra inspections. Said it happened to maybe 2 out of the 100+ factory orders that he put in. Said it can hold the delivery up a week or two. So it happens, but it's rare. Unfortunately it looks like you might be one of those unlucky people.

Mine has yet to arrive either, but I got a hard top, so I don't think that's the hold up for me. Hope yours arrives soon though!
Sponsored

HogWld

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Punk'N Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my 2dr Sport on 6/13 and was told by the dealership that it arrived at the freight yard on 7/2, where it is still sitting for some unknown reason. My garage is starting to fill up with parts so I hope it gets to the dealership soon :fingerscrossed:

StacRio

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Pearl 2DR Turbo Sport 2010 Mango Tango JKU 2004 Grand Cherokee
@tuber22 ~ I have not heard that and I have been in touch with Jeep Chat a few times since my order of a 2dr Sport with black soft top. My Jeep is actually sitting somewhere waiting to be taken to the dealership. Even my salesman told me it was in the "final stages of delivery". I hope yours isn't held up longer than necessary.

StacRio

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay. Checked in with Jeep Chat this morning and now I'm sad.
Ordered 5/30
KZ Status - 27 DAYS

"ETA N/A
Location unavailable- please refer to selling dealer for location and shipment information
Status as following: Currently your vehicle has reached the shipping stage but has not been provided an estimated time of arrival date (ETA) at this time I would advise to check back next week to see if an update has been provided, please be advised that we are trying our best to get your vehicle delivered as quickly as possible but it can be in this status up to 30 days."

30 days. Well, I have 3 more till I hit that number, right? :headbang:

Sponsored

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Okay. Checked in with Jeep Chat this morning and now I'm sad.
Ordered 5/30
KZ Status - 27 DAYS

"ETA N/A
Location unavailable- please refer to selling dealer for location and shipment information
Status as following: Currently your vehicle has reached the shipping stage but has not been provided an estimated time of arrival date (ETA) at this time I would advise to check back next week to see if an update has been provided, please be advised that we are trying our best to get your vehicle delivered as quickly as possible but it can be in this status up to 30 days."

30 days. Well, I have 3 more till I hit that number, right? :headbang:
Noooo! I have hope for you! My dealership just called me and my jeep has arrived!! Yours has to be coming soon!

But... I won't be able to pick mine up until Thursday :crying:

I knew this was gonna happen, that it would show up on the two days I wouldn't be available to get it. At least I know it's finally here though!

StacRio

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noooo! I have hope for you! My dealership just called me and my jeep has arrived!! Yours has to be coming soon!

But... I won't be able to pick mine up until Thursday :crying:

I knew this was gonna happen, that it would show up on the two days I wouldn't be available to get it. At least I know it's finally here though!
OMG. I am totally emailing the dealership now! I can't imagine it not being here if you are getting yours. There was a guy in another thread that got his yesterday and he ordered around the same time as us! He picked it up in Annapolis.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
OMG. I am totally emailing the dealership now! I can't imagine it not being here if you are getting yours. There was a guy in another thread that got his yesterday and he ordered around the same time as us! He picked it up in Annapolis.
I ordered 4/29 and have been stuck in "Inspection" status (not even KZ) for over 30 days. I and my dealer's managers have been hounding Jeep for actual status information but can't get anything. Jeep customer service, tier 1, is like a stone wall. Can't seem to get in contact with anyone who can get factual information or resolve any issues. I've been trying to contact customer service management to voice my complaints about the lack of responsiveness but again, can't get to them. There seems to be a huge disconnect between customer service and the factory. Tier 1 is very available and responsive but has very limited access to information. They can only send emails to the factory but when nothing comes back, nothing else gets done. The only customer service I've worked with that has been worse is AT&T. It's very frustrating.

StacRio

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MrEMan1287 My husband has been working evenings into the night this week, so we aren't exactly able to pick it up right now anyway. I did email my salesman yesterday afternoon. Nothing yet. But it is still early in the day. *sigh* It sucks to wait. But I know it is out there waiting to be put on a truck and not still at the factory or somewhere else. Watch my salesman be on vacation this week! HAHA!

Traut

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Newbie question (although not truly a newbie - just never really got into the things when I've had them before) - what is a Rubi Rail? Rubicons come with a rail at the bottom of the doors, right? Are you just putting DIFFERENT rails on?
Sorry - I missed this reply earlier... this is what I have being installed...
Barricade Jeep Wrangler Enhanced Rubi Rails.JPG

Sponsored

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
7 weeks after I placed my order I picked up my brand new JLU Sahara!

@StacRio my dealership told me the trucking company that brings the jeeps from the train yard to the dealership was on strike for two weeks, which is what held mine up. I'd assume the same has happened with you.

StacRio

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MrEMan1287 You know ... I did notice there were no car carrier trucks on the roads until this past week! I thought they were off for the holiday or something. Where are the pics of your new baby??

I'm still waiting. Jones hasn't gotten anything new in - I drove by after work Wednesday. Their lot was kinda empty. I think my salesman is on vacation too as I haven't heard back from him after emailing him Tuesday. Which is all fine since my husband has been working evenings all week and we wouldn't be able to get it anyway. Still, the wait sucks.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
@MrEMan1287 You know ... I did notice there were no car carrier trucks on the roads until this past week! I thought they were off for the holiday or something. Where are the pics of your new baby??

I'm still waiting. Jones hasn't gotten anything new in - I drove by after work Wednesday. Their lot was kinda empty. I think my salesman is on vacation too as I haven't heard back from him after emailing him Tuesday. Which is all fine since my husband has been working evenings all week and we wouldn't be able to get it anyway. Still, the wait sucks.
I posted a picture in one of the other threads, but I'll put it up here too. It definitely feels good to finally have it. That sucks yours still hasn't arrived. Hopefully it will be there once you're available to pick it up.

20190718_111743.jpg

Here she is!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I posted a picture in one of the other threads, but I'll put it up here too. It definitely feels good to finally have it. That sucks yours still hasn't arrived. Hopefully it will be there once you're available to pick it up.

20190718_111743.jpg

Here she is!
Congratulations, Beautiful Jeep! The 1941 accent stripe looks great on that color.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Congratulations, Beautiful Jeep! The 1941 accent stripe looks great on that color.
Thank you. I went out on a limb ordering the decal as I hadn't seen it on anyone else's jeep, but I think it works very well.
Sponsored