New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

Mojito St Pete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR - Previously 2014 BMW 335i, 2011 Exo X, 2007 WRX
Realistically how long should it take for my Jeep to be delivered by truck to them once it’s in Spokane? Assuming it got there yesterday, I wonder how much longer it has to go! It’s only an hour and fifteen minute drive to Kellogg. Praying I can pick her up this Saturday and would hate to have to wait yet another week :( if she isn’t there by this Saturday I sure hope she is by the 23rd!
My dealer texted me at 9am yesterday saying my Rubicon was in Tampa for inspection and processing, then texted me at 1pm saying guess what showed up in our lot (40 min away).... 26 days from order date. Got it last night and its beautiful.
Sponsored

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
My dealer texted me at 9am yesterday saying my Rubicon was in Tampa for inspection and processing, then texted me at 1pm saying guess what showed up in our lot (40 min away).... 26 days from order date. Got it last night and its beautiful.
Lucky you! Thats awesome! I’m on day 101 since I placed my order and am still waiting for my fully loaded JLR to arrive lol I’d love to start enjoying it as I’ve made a few loan payments on it already!

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
What's the salesman's name?
So I just got off the phone with Gene, he said my Jeep arrives to Spokane sometime yesterday and he has NO IDEA as to when it’ll arrive to them! Said he doesn’t see any sort of ETA in their system once it gets to the rail yard which I think is a crock of lies! He said once it gets to the final rail yard they get zero information until the vehicle is actually there at the dealership! Just as useless as Jeep chat! He also told me that sixteen weeks is the typical time frame and there’s nothing wrong with my order! Wtf?! Nothing typical about this long of a wait and counting! NEVER again will I order from Dave Smith! I’m not too happy right now! Can’t get a single answer from anyone :(

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
So I just got off the phone with Gene, he said my Jeep arrives to Spokane sometime yesterday and he has NO IDEA as to when it’ll arrive to them! Said he doesn’t see any sort of ETA in their system once it gets to the rail yard which I think is a crock of lies! He said once it gets to the final rail yard they get zero information until the vehicle is actually there at the dealership! Just as useless as Jeep chat! He also told me that sixteen weeks is the typical time frame and there’s nothing wrong with my order! Wtf?! Nothing typical about this long of a wait and counting! NEVER again will I order from Dave Smith! I’m not too happy right now! Can’t get a single answer from anyone :(
That's complete garbage. Maybe the General Manager can give you some real answers? I'd be working my way up the management chain until I got a reasonable answer.

TideDown

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Girl, I’m so sorry this has been such a poor experience for you! Hopefully it will be here soon- I know my love of jeeps and how badly I wanted mine. I had to wait to order since September, which was a much easier wait then actually having it ordered and built... and sitting in paint for 7 days now. What is taking so long in paint! Our weather here is going to start breaking in April, and I just hope it’s here shortly thereafter!

You had BETTER get someone to video you pulling up to the lot to see it for the first time!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The logistics to deliver Jeeps out West must be really screwy? I can't believe they can't tell you anything? Hopefully yours gets delivered by the end of the week and you can celebrate your b-day in style. Your experience is so different then my experience.

I was told 6-8 weeks from order to dealer is typical. Things at the factory are moving really fast lately. I mean really fast. The factory and suppliers must have everything in tune now. It only took 14 days from order date to delivery to my dealer. My Rubicon is at the dealer already. Exactly 14 days from order to delivery.

I have my fingers crossed for a delivery this week for you.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
The logistics to deliver Jeeps out West must be really screwy? I can't believe they can't tell you anything? Hopefully yours gets delivered by the end of the week and you can celebrate your b-day in style. Your experience is so different then my experience.

I was told 6-8 weeks from order to dealer is typical. Things at the factory are moving really fast lately. I mean really fast. The factory and suppliers must have everything in tune now. It only took 14 days from order date to delivery to my dealer. My Rubicon is at the dealer already. Exactly 14 days from order to delivery.

I have my fingers crossed for a delivery this week for you.
Aw thank you! I basically am going to give Dave Smith Motors a terrible review once this is over with! Screw them at this point! Not reassuring one bit! I’m praying I’ll be going down there on Saturday to pick it up :)

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
That's complete garbage. Maybe the General Manager can give you some real answers? I'd be working my way up the management chain until I got a reasonable answer.
I just got off the phone with my dad and told him what they said! He can’t believe either that they have “no eta for truck arrival!” Told me to give them a poor review once this is over and that’s exactly what I’ll be doing! I’m really truly starting to lose my patience at this point! A few weeks ago I asked to work with someone else and the manager told me no because they like to keep folks with the same person! Pure bull crap at its finest!

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Girl, I’m so sorry this has been such a poor experience for you! Hopefully it will be here soon- I know my love of jeeps and how badly I wanted mine. I had to wait to order since September, which was a much easier wait then actually having it ordered and built... and sitting in paint for 7 days now. What is taking so long in paint! Our weather here is going to start breaking in April, and I just hope it’s here shortly thereafter!

You had BETTER get someone to video you pulling up to the lot to see it for the first time!
Aww thank you! NOTHING like my experience custom ordering my STI from Subaru! It’s been awful! And I’ll be posting so many YouTube videos of my baby! :) I can’t wait to get her in my driveway already!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Aw thank you! I basically am going to give Dave Smith Motors a terrible review once this is over with! Screw them at this point! Not reassuring one bit! I’m praying I’ll be going down there on Saturday to pick it up :)
I sent you a PM. Maybe they can help.

Sponsored

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I called back and asked to speak to a manager! They said that she has to make her way to the other side of the dealership but will be calling me back! I said okay good because I’ll be available all day to talk to her and I’d love an answer!

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with my dad and told him what they said! He can’t believe either that they have “no eta for truck arrival!” Told me to give them a poor review once this is over and that’s exactly what I’ll be doing! I’m really truly starting to lose my patience at this point! A few weeks ago I asked to work with someone else and the manager told me no because they like to keep folks with the same person! Pure bull crap at its finest!
I called back and asked to speak to a manager! They said that she has to make her way to the other side of the dealership but will be calling me back! I said okay good because I’ll be available all day to talk to her and I’d love an answer!
Give em hell! Every dealer I spoke to said 6-8 weeks. Heck, even the execs you emailed acknowledged that your order is taking to long. Also, it's absolute bull that they can't tell when it'll arrive. Like I said before, somebody there manages their inventory and knows that it usually takes X number of days to get to the lot once it hits the human rail yard.

The new sales guy is treating you like a burden and that's not what should be happening.

DuckArm

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 4Runner Trail
I ordered my JLUR from Crisswell on 2/22 and I just got a call today that it has arrived. I checked with Jeep chat on Sunday and they told me it was JB status. I didn't think it would be in so soon. Lucky me.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Give em hell! Every dealer I spoke to said 6-8 weeks. Heck, even the execs you emailed acknowledged that your order is taking to long. Also, it's absolute bull that they can't tell when it'll arrive. Like I said before, somebody there manages their inventory and knows that it usually takes X number of days to get to the lot once it hits the human rail yard.

The new sales guy is treating you like a burden and that's not what should be happening.
That’s exactly what I told him when he told me my order is in a normal time frame! I was like “that’s NOT what I was originally told sir!” Still haven’t heard back from anyone at this point in time! Will be calling back this evening after work to see if there’s a single person there that can give me a simple answer!

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
That’s exactly what I told him when he told me my order is in a normal time frame! I was like “that’s NOT what I was originally told sir!” Still haven’t heard back from anyone at this point in time! Will be calling back this evening after work to see if there’s a single person there that can give me a simple answer!

I keep checking the forum just to see if you've gotten a decent answer yet.
Sponsored