Sponsored

New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

ugafan706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimted Rubicon v6 auto red skytouch top
I feel bad for a lot of you..I had a lifted 2013 jk base sport that I priced to someone in December and they bought it...couldnt make up my mind if I wanted a 2 dr or 4dr...then after I decided on another 4 door I couldnt decide on what top(i chose sky top).

I placed order jan 24th at 1pm..next day I had a vin...it was delivered Feb 8th...I would had never believed it would had been that fast, I was going to be happy if I had it before April.
Sponsored

Mojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
It’s there a problem with what they are building?? There is a real reason they are hold ing these things. We need to find out where the problem is, I smell a cover up of some sort...

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Still not here. 75 days and counting.

Things that won't help:
Getting antsy, complaining, upset, comparing your delivery time to someone else's, floating out cover up theories, threatening to sue ...

It will come when it comes. Enjoy it when it does. Cheers.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It seems most are being ordered and delivered within 2 to 3 weeks now. Maybe they are running out of orders. Some of the early ones like yours that haven't shipped may have a special issue. If it is a part shortage, reinforced hinge shortage seems to be the latest rumor, they can't move them out. One of the wonderful little hiccups with JIT process. Hope that is it instead of "we can't figure out why the damn thing won't start". I sure would email Mike Manley and have one of the Executive Relations Managers reply with what is going on. If it is possible they will escalate it and put it on hot vehicle status to get it shipped immediately.

jjohnson75

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S80
Ordered/VON: 12/19/2018
VIN: 12/20/2018
Delivered to dealer: 1/11/2019 (Day 23)
Picked up: 1/15/2019 (Day 27) - Delayed pickup because of weekend, prep, and scheduling.

Just under 4 weeks from order to delivery. I ordered from Koons.
I ordered mine from Koons as well. Did you use Craig? I am hoping to have the same luck as you. I didn't order mine until February 1st. It seems they are moving faster but I have seen some outliers that take more than 2 months. Anything I should be aware of on the day of pickup?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I don't think there is a shortage on the reinforged hinge... mine went quickly through JB.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when did you order and was in upfitter.And you get hinge
Went thru JB last week. Ordered right during the shut down. Was actually in JB for 4 biz days. And yes, I ordered the hinge reinforcement, along with pretty much every other option (MSRP: $60k). Was in JB from basically Tuesday thru Friday, then quickly went KZ S on Sat. Has been on a train that hasn't moved since Sat.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Went thru JB last week. Ordered right during the shut down. Was actually in JB for 4 biz days. And yes, I ordered the hinge reinforcement, along with pretty much every other option (MSRP: $60k). Was in JB from basically Tuesday thru Friday, then quickly went KZ S on Sat. Has been on a train that hasn't moved since Sat.
Ya mine was 61k msrp.Soon as it gets out..it will be on the hot list to deliver

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just going by fca rep told me.They planned to have myjeep here already
Well I would certainly take his word over mine. But my experience was a quick time in JB.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I ordered mine from Koons as well. Did you use Craig? I am hoping to have the same luck as you. I didn't order mine until February 1st. It seems they are moving faster but I have seen some outliers that take more than 2 months. Anything I should be aware of on the day of pickup?
I think Craig does all of the internet sales. He was prompt and upfront every time I communicated with him.

The Wrangler was ready when I arrived. It took a bit longer than I would have liked (~90 mins?). I had to wait until finance was ready with the documentation. Once my turn at finance came up, it probably took 15 minutes. The finance is done electronically, goes quickly, and you get a copy of the documentation on a usb drive.

Overall it was a painless experience and I wouldn't hesitate to order from Koons and Craig again.

My order came quickly. Ordered and delivered in 23 days and that was over the Christmas and New Years eve holiday and factory shutdown.

jjohnson75

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S80
I think Craig does all of the internet sales. He was prompt and upfront every time I communicated with him.

The Wrangler was ready when I arrived. It took a bit longer than I would have liked (~90 mins?). I had to wait until finance was ready with the documentation. Once my turn at finance came up, it probably took 15 minutes. The finance is done electronically, goes quickly, and you get a copy of the documentation on a usb drive.

Overall it was a painless experience and I wouldn't hesitate to order from Koons and Craig again.

My order came quickly. Ordered and delivered in 23 days and that was over the Christmas and New Years eve holiday and factory shutdown.
That is good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. Mine has basically every option so hopefully I can get it somewhere close to 23 days.