NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Just received an email from the my dealership's salesman saying that my Jeep has moved to "JS" status (shipped to storage), so it has been built and is waiting on a rail car to ship it. Wonders never cease... :)
Sponsored

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just received an email from the my dealership's salesman saying that my Jeep has moved to "JS" status (shipped to storage), so it has been built and is waiting on a rail car to ship it. Wonders never cease... :)
Congratulations! Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer.

ShaunTheJeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2D JL Rubicon
She's here! 39 days. Ordered 6/7. Delivered 7/16. Beautiful...

I have to give a shout out to our dealer, http://napervillecjdr.com. The first couple dealers we visited were completely disinterested in ordering or talking price on a 2D Rubicon, but here it was totally different. I've read a few others out here looking for a good place to buy a jeep in Northern Illinois, so if you're in the Chicago burbs, check them out. Tony in sales was great -- young kid, also into jeeps so that makes it fun when people are passionate about their stuff, and Mike & Dave in finance were great too. Worked out a deal I'm happy with before even finding these forums. No need to fly, local dealer, great price and experience. :) If you do shop there, tell them Mike with their first 2D Rubicon sent you.

Oh and it drives great! 50 miles already just from finding places to go. So smooth and quiet... Love the Uconnect, it links up as soon as my phone is inside. Contact images, text messages, hands free, all features I should have had the last few years but have been living without.

20180716_193158.jpg

Last edited:

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations! Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer.
If it doesn't make it here within the next 17 days, it's going to have to wait at the dealership until September for me to get back from the UK and Ireland.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
If it doesn't make it here within the next 17 days, it's going to have to wait at the dealership until September for me to get back from the UK and Ireland.
Hmmm.... I also leave for UK & Ireland in 16 days...strange.

Sponsored

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
45 days for me
Ordered 6/1
Picked up 7/16
(Details in signature)

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But you'll be having too much fun in the UK and Ireland to care! Maybe?
Another month driving around on the wrong side of the road... And trying new beers...

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
She's here! 39 days. Ordered 6/7. Delivered 7/16. Beautiful...

I have to give a shout out to our dealer, http://napervillecjdr.com. The first couple dealers we visited were completely disinterested in ordering or talking price on a 2D Rubicon, but here it was totally different. I've read a few others out here looking for a good place to buy a jeep in Northern Illinois, so if you're in the Chicago burbs, check them out. Tony in sales was great -- young kid, also into jeeps so that makes it fun when people are passionate about their stuff, and Mike & Dave in finance were great too. Worked out a deal I'm happy with before even finding these forums. No need to fly, local dealer, great price and experience. :) If you do shop there, tell them Mike with their first 2D Rubicon sent you.

Oh and it drives great! 50 miles already just from finding places to go. So smooth and quiet... Love the Uconnect, it links up as soon as my phone is inside. Contact images, text messages, hands free, all features I should have had the last few years but have been living without.

20180716_193158.jpg
Looks great, congrats! Quick turnaround compared to a lot of others here!

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But you'll be having too much fun in the UK and Ireland to care! Maybe?
So many beers, so little time...

Last time I spent a month there, I tried a few different beers every day and I didn't come close to running out of beers to try that were being sold at the local Tesco.markets. Tesco is kind of a UK version of a Walmart store. And that's not including the various beers that I drank at the local pubs where I have no idea what their name was.

IMGP5300-640w.jpg

IMGP5301-640w.jpg

Sponsored

Highrever777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door JLU
That's the same exact day I ordered my 2 door soft top wrangler... today dealer told me that the rep said mine is done but not being placed on the rail due to it being a 2 door. That the 4 doors have priority for rail space over the 2 doors.... wtf?

Called jeep chaf and they escalated my case for a fourth time.. the gal I spoke to l said that my last case escalation. Had been vectored to the wrong department and that someone should contact me in a few days...

I dont know... this seems like pretty poor customer service to me...I am now over 12 weeks in, I status since July 1st, no one has am answer, no concern, no consequences, my 90 day loan pre qual is now up and rates went up .6 % since I ordered... getting close to cancelling order... first and last time I custom order a jeep...
Ordered April 23. Finally delivered July 11. For some reason, it sat in a railyard near Seattle for 3-4 weeks before finally being delivered to my dealership. They wouldn't let me pick it up myself, otherwise I would have had it mid/late June. Regardless, it was worth the wait!

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's the same exact day I ordered my 2 door soft top wrangler... today dealer told me that the rep said mine is done but not being placed on the rail due to it being a 2 door. That the 4 doors have priority for rail space over the 2 doors.... wtf?

Called jeep chaf and they escalated my case for a fourth time.. the gal I spoke to l said that my last case escalation. Had been vectored to the wrong department and that someone should contact me in a few days...

I dont know... this seems like pretty poor customer service to me...I am now over 12 weeks in, I status since July 1st, no one has am answer, no concern, no consequences, my 90 day loan pre qual is now up and rates went up .6 % since I ordered... getting close to cancelling order... first and last time I custom order a jeep...
Or just don't buy a car that you can't just pay cash for? :)

Last edited:

swigmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I ordered mine on July 3rd, took delivery today, so 14 days.

Highrever777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door JLU
Or just don't buy a car that you can't just pay cash for? :)
Could have paid have cash, but right in middle of classic car restoration and wanted to take advantage of low rates... here's a thought buddy, maybe next time I will not put a deposit (and mine was over 25%) on a vehicle that the manufacturer and dealer both both stated would only take 6 to 8 weeks fill...you can keep your smart ass comments to yourself...

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Could have paid have cash, but right in middle of classic car restoration and wanted to take advantage of low rates... here's a thought buddy, maybe next time I will not put a deposit (and mine was over 25%) on a vehicle that the manufacturer and dealer both both stated would only take 6 to 8 weeks fill...you can keep your smart ass comments to yourself...
Didn't see the :) ?

Oh well...

922943.jpg
Sponsored