New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Ordered 6/22 and delivered today, 21 days, dealer had said 8+ weeks, great news but I'm out of town at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, can't wait until Monday to pick it up.
3.6 or 2.0 turbo?

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
Mine was a 3.6. I'm sure the others were, as well. I haven't read of any 2.0's being delivered yet.

Sponsored

1980JeepCJ7

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Steelworker

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked with Jeep Chat to see when my order was submitted. They said that it happened on 6/14. Unfortunately, I *placed* the order on 6/8, so the dealership (River Oaks Jeep in Houston) apparently sat on the order for 6 days. I can understand the delay in building a special order, but to delay that much in even *placing* the order is completely unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Especially since these days, it's a simple matter of pressing the "SUBMIT" button on the order form since you're doing it online. Hell, I watched him enter the information into his computer, so there's no excuse for this delay.

jk8290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked with Jeep Chat to see when my order was submitted. They said that it happened on 6/14. Unfortunately, I *placed* the order on 6/8, so the dealership (River Oaks Jeep in Houston) apparently sat on the order for 6 days. I can understand the delay in building a special order, but to delay that much in even *placing* the order is completely unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Especially since these days, it's a simple matter of pressing the "SUBMIT" button on the order form since you're doing it online. Hell, I watched him enter the information into his computer, so there's no excuse for this delay.
that stinks! and literally makes no sense why they would hold it for 6 days
I ordered on saturday with the dealer and they called me on monday confirming that they put in the order.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

My first guess would be that your dealer did not have order allocations until the 14th, but I think allocations are a first of a month thing. I was going to order about the third week of April, the dealer I used told me that they would not have new order allocations until first of May, so I thought about my order specifications over a few more days before I ordered.

I ordered on the 2nd of May and as of late Friday the 13th my Jeep is sitting about 40 miles away at the closest rail-yard, I should get it next week. It is going to be about a 10-11 week process for me (hope not longer), I was patient and in no hurry initially and that turned to impatient and anxious now that the time is so close. I feel lucky because of the longer wait times I have seen others have to endure on their ordered Jeeps.

Good luck getting your new ordered Jeep, you will enjoy it when you finally get it.

Gogged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ordered June 21 and it’s on a truck en route to dealer!

Sponsored

thenextarcher

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2 door sport Ocean Blue
2 weeks: Ordered a Ocean blue 2 door Sport s on 6/30 picked up up yesterday on 7/14. The dealer told me that another person that ordered 3 days after me also arrived on 7/14.

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
2 weeks: Ordered a Ocean blue 2 door Sport s on 6/30 picked up up yesterday on 7/14. The dealer told me that another person that ordered 3 days after me also arrived on 7/14.
Really wish I knew what funky algorithm they use to determine which JLs get built when.

thenextarcher

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2 door sport Ocean Blue
Really wish I knew what funky algorithm they use to determine which JLs get built when.
Not sure! I was shocked when I got the call. I didn't get anything really special on mine so that must have helped. Maybe they send cars quicker to the more local dealers as the dealership was only about 2 hours from Toledo.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2-dr Rubicon & 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
I ordered a Wrangler Rubicon 2 door with the 2.0 turbo and am becoming increasingly concerned that there is a going to be a huge delay associated with this motor option....anyone on this forum from FCA to confirm or deny?

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Mine sat in D1 for 4 weeks
Now it’s been in Inspection for 6 days

JLUR 6sp Loaded No TRMS

There really is no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell as to when Jeep decides to build a Wrangler. Outside of parts availability I suspect it probably has everything to do with delivery region and individual dealership (allocations etc). I wish they were more transparent about it.
Sponsored