Sponsored

Pjhusker

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2019 Tahoe, 2020 JLU Sport S
I am now almost three months since I ordered my Firecraker Red JLU Rubicon on 4/20. It went rather quickly through the build, about three and a half weeks (5/25) then sat in JB status waiting on MOPAR hard top headliners until last Friday (7/6). I am now waiting on shipping to be arranged; its still in Toledo. I’m ready for it to get here and begin enjoying my new Rubicon.

Edit Update: Today is 14 weeks since I ordered and I just got a call from my dealership this morning. My Rubicon made it to the railyard in KC and has off loaded. Just has to get on a truck for the five hour drive to Northwest Arkansas. I should pick it up sometime next week. Really excited that its almost here.

Last edited:

Fat Boys

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon Unlimited, 18 JL Rubicon unlimited
96 days ....ordered April 7. Punk'n orange/Tan...all toys but the cigarette lighter. Now have have more toys to install....
By the way, I understand that some of the delay was the tie down rails .... They were worth the wait!

arrived.jpg

JPEG_20170624_094435_2068131297.jpg

arrived.jpg

JPEG_20170624_094435_2068131297.jpg

hold dn 1.jpg

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any Canadians on here? It seems that tracking your build isn't so simple from Canada. Any advice/insight? I ordered my hella yella 2door sport on July 3rd and still don't have a VIN.
Ottawa here. Ordered an almost loaded JLUR April 25, got the VON that day but still don't have a VIN. FCA will not build it because I have the LED group and there are supposedly still issues with that (amongst God knows what else). Two weeks from now I will cancel and perhaps take my chances on a 2019. If Trump follows through with his auto tarrifs then I will not re-order.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 6/7/18
Delivered to dealer 7/5/18, and picked up 7/6/18.
2dr Sport S, Mojito!, 6-speed, tech, pst, limited slip.
Dealer is approximately 175 miles N of Toledo.
Already installed Mopar running boards, Curt hitch & wiring.
That’s great Carl! Pretty fast!

My dealer has been great about getting me updates without asking, so I didn’t bother with the jeepgarage even though it would be more detailed. Just found out today that it’s built and in JB status, presumably to install the hardtop headliners. So I should be soon. Maybe 10 days or less :like:

Sponsored

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
Canadian order here. Ordered may 14, then no VIN until 7 weeks. It was built and shipped in 1.5 weeks landing at dealer in 2 weeks from VIN. About 9 weeks so I guess that’s about the norm for a new car. It is a red jlur with almost everything..no head liner or rail system. It’s amazing! Not sure I will ever want another type of vehicle. My dogs crate fits right in the back..I am looking forward to finally being able to travel with him comfortably and have a vehicle to take us exploring.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Are there any Canadians on here? It seems that tracking your build isn't so simple from Canada. Any advice/insight? I ordered my hella yella 2door sport on July 3rd and still don't have a VIN.
If you don't get a VIN within days, it may mean your dealer does not have allocation. Ask for an updated Priced Order Confirmation (POC) that will have your status. If it does not have a VON or VIN, consider going to another dealer because your order has not been booked by FCA.

Once you get a VIN, and are willing to spend $25US, you can become a level 3 member of Jeepgarage.org and have your build tracked daily there. If you don't want to go that route, insist that your dealer email you an updated POC sheet once a week which contains your order status. I did both.

TonkaToy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ and 2018 Jeep JL (both yellow 2 door Sport)
Ottawa here. Ordered an almost loaded JLUR April 25, got the VON that day but still don't have a VIN. FCA will not build it because I have the LED group and there are supposedly still issues with that (amongst God knows what else). Two weeks from now I will cancel and perhaps take my chances on a 2019. If Trump follows through with his auto tarrifs then I will not re-order.
I'm in Ottawa too! I ordered on July 3rd. Got my VIN today.

TonkaToy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ and 2018 Jeep JL (both yellow 2 door Sport)
Canadian order here. Ordered may 14, then no VIN until 7 weeks. It was built and shipped in 1.5 weeks landing at dealer in 2 weeks from VIN. About 9 weeks so I guess that’s about the norm for a new car. It is a red jlur with almost everything..no head liner or rail system. It’s amazing! Not sure I will ever want another type of vehicle. My dogs crate fits right in the back..I am looking forward to finally being able to travel with him comfortably and have a vehicle to take us exploring.
Awesome. Did you have a way of tracking the build from Canada? I've had a TJ for 18 years. You will never go back. Best thing I ever bought!

Sponsored

MoparTH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray Rubicon Unlimited
Ordered 6/22 and delivered today, 21 days, dealer had said 8+ weeks, great news but I'm out of town at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, can't wait until Monday to pick it up.

terebi

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Red Rock Pearl JKUR; 2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Firecracker Red JLUR ordered on 6/26, delivered to dealer on 7/12, and picked up today.

1980JeepCJ7

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, 1980 Jeep CJ7, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Steelworker
Ordered 5/22 Ocean Blue JLUR delivered yesterday.