First Name
Ashlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 chevy traverse, 2018 wrangler unlimited JL Sahara
Ordered officially, 6/1
Vin received, 6/4
As of yesterday, 6/25, still in D1 status. Dealer told me an est ship date of 7/2. Really doubting that at this moment. Contacted Jeep care, they’ve been telling me astronomical time frames (6-8 months, WHAT!?) so I’m not even bothering to call/check in, as it seems they have no valuable info anyway. LOL.
Sponsored

JLA_Mo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Granite)
JLU Rubicon Granite, Black Hard Top, Manual, leather, almost every package outside of smoker.
5/3 - Ordered
5/10 - D Status
5/25 - D1 Status
6/4 - Estimated Shipping 6/14
6/12 - Estimated Shipping 6/25
6/22 - Estimated Shipping 6/27
6/25 - Estimated Shipping 6/28

Does this shipping issue happen to anyone? Also, shouldn't it be in other status' if it is going to ship soon? Also, for advice, what is the protocol of finding the EXACT Jeep you ordered on a nearby lot and wanting to buy it? With trailer tow, manual, and leather my Jeep is a bit of a rare breed. What is the acceptable behavior of wanting to buy from a different dealer for the exact same build?

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
JLR, granite, all options except Turbo, wheels, smoker. Options ordered include tailgate hinge reinforcement
Ordered 5/24
Status E 6/26
So we’ll see how long it takes to get built.

Sponsored

Highrever777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door JLU
mine just moved from delivery date of 6-25 to 6-30.... Jeep chat is useless... I ordered my red 2 dr jlur on 4-23..... getting frustrated

Highrever777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door JLU
I have a question for you guys and gals out there.... The Jeep chat just gives a canned response as to the parts being compiled and awaiting assembly. The dealer has given me a eta ship date, which has changed a couple times.

Will my status go from D1 via jeep chat directly to it being on a rail car and on its way? Meaning Jeep chat or 1-877 number will not given any detailed assembly status, i.e. paint, quality check etc. ? Jeep chat will just continue to say that it is in D1 status until it is ready to be put on rail car?

I know its hurry up and wait, but perhaps someone whom has been through the process can provide clarification?

Thanks

Moomoo

First Name
Ashlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 chevy traverse, 2018 wrangler unlimited JL Sahara
JLU Rubicon Granite, Black Hard Top, Manual, leather, almost every package outside of smoker.
5/3 - Ordered
5/10 - D Status
5/25 - D1 Status
6/4 - Estimated Shipping 6/14
6/12 - Estimated Shipping 6/25
6/22 - Estimated Shipping 6/27
6/25 - Estimated Shipping 6/28

Does this shipping issue happen to anyone? Also, shouldn't it be in other status' if it is going to ship soon? Also, for advice, what is the protocol of finding the EXACT Jeep you ordered on a nearby lot and wanting to buy it? With trailer tow, manual, and leather my Jeep is a bit of a rare breed. What is the acceptable behavior of wanting to buy from a different dealer for the exact same build?
They are out there, for instance their is a fully loaded Sahara I went to go buy, but it got hit in the lot and they were trying to push it off as new. I’m scared to buy off the lot now!

If you go onto Jeep.com, you can spec out the car you want and it will tell you if anyone has it, in addition to “partial” matches. Problem- you can only go to 150 miles away. Best option, contact dealer, they can search the whole country.

JLA_Mo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Granite)
They are out there, for instance their is a fully loaded Sahara I went to go buy, but it got hit in the lot and they were trying to push it off as new. I’m scared to buy off the lot now!

If you go onto Jeep.com, you can spec out the car you want and it will tell you if anyone has it, in addition to “partial” matches. Problem- you can only go to 150 miles away. Best option, contact dealer, they can search the whole country.
I did the search by zip code targeting Seattle, LA, Sacramento, Phoenix, Vegas, SLC, and Denver. I have found some. I was just wondering if it was awful to walk away from your ordered Jeep, or if I should wait it out.

ZombieNipples

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Ordered on 05/14
Got VIN the next day
Built on 06/05/18
Delivered to the dealer on 06/26
Total: 43 days
What was your build? I’ve been gauging my delivery off of other people’s orders.

Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for you guys and gals out there.... The Jeep chat just gives a canned response as to the parts being compiled and awaiting assembly. The dealer has given me a eta ship date, which has changed a couple times.

Will my status go from D1 via jeep chat directly to it being on a rail car and on its way? Meaning Jeep chat or 1-877 number will not given any detailed assembly status, i.e. paint, quality check etc. ? Jeep chat will just continue to say that it is in D1 status until it is ready to be put on rail car?

I know its hurry up and wait, but perhaps someone whom has been through the process can provide clarification?

Thanks
I know nothing been waiting over 5 months in the dark waiting still no Jeep but any day now again I just hopefull no info confirmation

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Ordered at dealer 6/16, but that was a Saturday, was told order would be placed on 6/18. Got an email from sales rep that it’s “in the process of being built.” No status code in the email, didn’t see the email until just now, rep gone for the day.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ordered at dealer 6/16, but that was a Saturday, was told order would be placed on 6/18. Got an email from sales rep that it’s “in the process of being built.” No status code in the email, didn’t see the email until just now, rep gone for the day.
What trim did you order?

First Name
Nicolette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU 2015
Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before. But has anyone picked theirs up and brought it home the same day it was delivered to the dealership. Or does the dealership need to do paperwork that takes multiple days before it is available to be taken home!