New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yes, but Mjsull ordered on January 18, still in KZ as of today and Ewaetzman ordered his on 2/27, got to the dealership on 4/2. So if it wasn't an original parts delay, why did Ewaetzman get his on 4/2 and Mjsull still doesn't have his? When did Mjsull go into KZ and when did Ewaetzman go into KZ? Is it possible it isn't FIFO for shipping?
Logistics as @SixteenPaws said. They have like 30K Jeeps from the whole soft top shortage issue. They are not going to stop production. The new ones rolling off have no where to be stored, those are getting onto rail cars faster while they try to work through all those ones in storage in various places.

It sucks but with yours being built so early and put into storage I fear yours is buried behind thousands of other Jeeps and it will take a while to work itself out.
Sponsored

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
Not the answer I wanted to hear but it makes more sense than anything else I've heard or can conjecture.

The GM of my dealership has a handful of customer orders like mine; basically completed and invoiced but not getting shipped. I've been told that he's arranged for a truck to pick up these cars and deliver them directly to the dealership. Supposedly the truck is on the road and due any day now. However, my delivery status still shows "KZ" and sitting at the VDC in Toledo. I'll update when I have new info.

ewaetzman

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JLU)
Ewaetzman ordered his on 2/27, got to the dealership on 4/2, and took delivery on 4/7. What options did you order that he didn't order? Maybe one of the options held it up?
It could have to do with location and volume. I'm in SE Pennsylvania. If FCA is shipping a bunch of vehicles to a certain regi
Here's my configuration.

JL Wrangler Rubicon
3.6L Auto
Granite Crystal
Tan leather
Cold Weather
Trailer Tow Group
LEDs
Electronic Infotainment
Jeep Safety Group
Steel Bumpers
Hard Top Headliner
Automatic Transmission
Black 3-Piece Hard Top
Body color fenders
Remote Proximity Entry
If the Jeep is in KZ, it “should” be awaiting shipping. The issue may be in the fact that Jeep is waiting to get a full rail car to ship out to Nevada. (Not sure of the demand for fulfillment out there)

I’d contact your dealer and have them put the screws to the factory
Not the answer I wanted to hear but it makes more sense than anything else I've heard or can conjecture.

The GM of my dealership has a handful of customer orders like mine; basically completed and invoiced but not getting shipped. I've been told that he's arranged for a truck to pick up these cars and deliver them directly to the dealership. Supposedly the truck is on the road and due any day now. However, my delivery status still shows "KZ" and sitting at the VDC in Toledo. I'll update when I have new info.
I hope you get yours soon.

forrest

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
I ordered on 2/9 and took delivery yesterday, 4/11.
JLUS
6 Speed
Dual top

Sponsored

mjsull

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Auto, Granite Crystal, Tan leather, Black Hard Top w/ Headliner, Steel Bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather, Infotainment, Safety and Tow Group, Remote Start, Proximity Entry, Mopar Mats
I'm happy for all the people that are receiving their newer orders in a timely fashion. But this thread is becoming depressing for me to see the quick deliveries while my baby sits for a second month at the VDC in Toledo.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm happy for all the people that are receiving their newer orders in a timely fashion. But this thread is becoming depressing for me to see the quick deliveries while my baby sits for a second month at the VDC in Toledo.

Last edited:

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ideas:

1. Ask your dealer to escalate via their FCA rep.
2. Jeep.com chat says they can escalate after 30 days in any status. https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/ and click on Chat. Have your VIN number and associated address ready.
3. Ask Jeep.com chat what KZ it is (KZ T, KZ OE, etc.) then visit http://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/ to see where in KZ land you are.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I believe Jeep is playing with the numbers to keep vehicles under the "30 day" mark. I contacted them on the April 5th and was told I was in D1 status for 28 days, they could escalate it at 30. I contact them on that Sunday, and it's now D status. I talk to my dealer on Tuesday, he says no it's D1 status, no eta. I've now been at D1 status for 6 days.

It is rather sad that Jeep has literally no clue or is unwilling to be honest with their loyal customers about the status. I believe this is highly disingenuous of them. I'm at 6 weeks now with no idea when it'll come. But, apparently it's deff not a parts shortage as they have all of my parts.

chuy1021

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I ordered on January 6th and my Jeep is built and on a railcar presently. The ETA from Jeep is that it will be at my dealer in Idaho between 3/1 and 3/5. I ordered a Billet Rubicon: auto, cold weather, body colored hard top, infotainment, safety group, LED, tow.
NICE!! That the same one I'm looking for. How much did you end up paying. I live in Los Angeles and the inventory is very low.

Sponsored

Lummy33

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 jeep wrangler jk
I order my JLU Rubicon on 02/08. Was told by my dealer each week for the past three weeks that it should arrive that week. My update on 04/08 was that the ETA was 04/09-04/12. Today I called my dealer and was told that it still shows the same delivery dates but it's not at the dealership. He made a few calls and it seems to be that they won't ship a jeep to a certain area until they have enough to fill a truck. So I guess I'm waiting for more jeeps to be filled in my area. I run a business so I understand but if I had a customer purchasing $50,000 in goods from me I'm going to go the extra mile to make sure I'm taking care of them. I will remain patient but it's just sucks that I live right in central PA and my jeep is only 5 hours away...

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
Logistics as @SixteenPaws said. They have like 30K Jeeps from the whole soft top shortage issue. They are not going to stop production. The new ones rolling off have no where to be stored, those are getting onto rail cars faster while they try to work through all those ones in storage in various places.

It sucks but with yours being built so early and put into storage I fear yours is buried behind thousands of other Jeeps and it will take a while to work itself out.
Are we over the soft top shortage? Of course, mine was ordered with premium soft top only.

4wrangler

First Name
Theresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jl, and 14 Wrangler Oscar Mike

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi, Once you are on the customer service page, Which link do you hit to track your order?? I can’t seem to find the tracking, I have my Vin and my Von... I ordered 2/19; received vin 2/24 and have been stuck in D status ever since according to Jeep Chat... Thank you
There is no tracking directly from Jeep. Jeep chat is all you get from them.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 98 Trans Am, 07 G5 2018 jl ordered
Ordered my Punkn JLUR, LED, cold weather, trailer tow, Infor, duel top, steel bumpers, body color top & fenders, black leather, floor mats & hard headliner, on 3-16.
As of yesterday, still in D.
They originally told me could be in D for 30 days then D1 4-6 weeks.
Just seen on Jeep.com, price went up $750. & the dash front is no longer red. Bummer on gray dash, although I was wondering if I'd like the red dash with red A post.
I hope since I ordered it, in March before the price increase, I'm locked in @ that price.
Now still in the hurry up & wait mode.
Sponsored