New JL owners: How long from date of order to delivery

StevieBuns

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Rubicon Unlimited
I didn’t realize this thread existed already, I made a new one with my info already, whoops!

I ordered a Punk’n JLUR on 6/21 with Craig from Koons of Tyson’s Corner. Well he let me know that it was delivered yesterday 7/16, that’s less than 3 weeks! :party::party::party:

I’m in the NY area, my wife and I are heading to Koons this Saturday. I’ll post pics when we pick her up!
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-I8W1MuBiLuXTrO2gpVrnzFQlg05Kwz7SVcviP97A3ozyxs97PQ.jpg

Order a JLU Rubicon May 2nd, picked it up at the dealer today July 17, that was 10 weeks and 6 days. I am sure, as I have been told that the Trail Rail Management System option I ordered delayed me from receiving the Jeep earlier.

danielmio

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl unlimited rubicon
Canadian order as well , JLUR Punk'n , ordered June 5th, still no Vin # but your story does give me some hope , starting to wonder about the whole allocation thing is the problem
Yeah for some reason Canadian orders get held back..unless there are restraints on options I don't know about. Head over to jeep garage if you wish to track there. I also had great response from emailing [email protected] they gave me updates without asking. Not quickly but within a few days to a week of the change which is still helpful and appreciated. Its amazing the wait is worth it!

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon M/T 2dr, 2009 Nissan Xterra Off Road M/T with a 2" lift
Vehicle Showcase
That's the same exact day I ordered my 2 door soft top wrangler... today dealer told me that the rep said mine is done but not being placed on the rail due to it being a 2 door. That the 4 doors have priority for rail space over the 2 doors.... wtf?

Called jeep chaf and they escalated my case for a fourth time.. the gal I spoke to l said that my last case escalation. Had been vectored to the wrong department and that someone should contact me in a few days...

I dont know... this seems like pretty poor customer service to me...I am now over 12 weeks in, I status since July 1st, no one has am answer, no concern, no consequences, my 90 day loan pre qual is now up and rates went up .6 % since I ordered... getting close to cancelling order... first and last time I custom order a jeep...
First I've heard that 4-doors have priority over 2-doors -- at least when it comes to rail car space. Sometimes I think reps/salespeople make sh*t up as they're going along. If anything, I would think 2-doors would have priority because you can fit more of them in. Regardless, I began to get irked when I saw a bunch of 4-door JLs show up on my dealer's lot, and they had all come from the same rail yard. They said they didn't have control over the rail yard, but they would do their best to get them to put my Jeep on the next truck.

I wouldn't cancel your order. Hang in there. It will be worth it.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked to see if my build sheet and window sticker was available. The build sheet is, but the window sticker is not. So, a little progress... My luck is that it will probably arrive right as I'm waiting at the airport for my flight to the UK in 17 days. :)

Sponsored

LC2RUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Exactly 6 weeks (from order submittal to dealer delivery)

JLUR: Firecracker Red, 3.6L V6, 8-speed automatic, dual top group, steel bumpers, body color fender flares, LED lights, towing package, safety group, cold weather group, black leather seats, remote start.

Build/order history
30 May 2018: Placed order with dealer
5 June 2018: Dealer actually submitted order (only after I asked for the POC/VON)
17 June 2018: D1 (all parts gathered, unit sequenced for production)
27 June 2018: E (Frame)
29 June 2018: (JB – shipped to body vendor)
2 July 2018: Build Sheet Found
12 July 2018: Window Sticker found
12 July 2018: KZ (released by plant, invoiced, ready to ship but not yet scheduled)
17 July 2018: Delivered to the dealership
18 July 2018: Called dealership to confirm delivery
19 July 2018: Scheduled to pick up

Signed up to track availability of build sheet and window sticker at: http://jl.cryptostickers.net

Contacted Jeep Chat regularly at: https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.html (options for chat, email, and phone)

Good explanation of various build codes: https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

The information you receive from these can be hit or miss. Some people never find their build sheet or window sticker, but it doesn’t necessarily mean something is wrong. Some customer service reps are more helpful than others. Also, the data they have available isn’t necessarily up-to-date or complete. For example, I never received an ETA for delivery once it had been shipped.

drm700

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GC Summit 4x4, 2009 Commander Limited 4X4, 72 Porsche 911T, waiting on a JLUS
JLUS (Black) – Fully loaded, matching 3-piece top, all options but smokers group and TMS, total time was about 12 weeks from order to sitting in my garage...Wahoo!!! :jk: … I must say sign up for cryptostickers, http://jl.cryptostickers.net/, this site it great, its easy and tracking is spot-on.

My Build/Order History

· New JLUS Order – 4/30/18
· Vin available - 5/6/18
· Added to cryptostickers – 5/6/18
· Build found- 5/16/18
· Froze in “I” Status – 5/16/18
· Opened case – 6/9/18
-------------- New VIN ----------------
· In status for 33 days Vehicle cloned – 6/19
· Added new VIN to (cryptostickers) & Build found – 6/22/18
· Out to body vendor JB status – 7/3/18
· Sticker found – 7/6/18
· In rail transit in Nebraska – 7/12/18
· Arrived In Denver rail yard 7/15/18
· Dealer arranged a picked up from rail yard 7/17/18
· Picked up from dealer 7/18/18

As for escalation the "Allnewwrangler" [email protected] helped me here once it was stuck in inspection jail and I started the case… Jeff kept me well informed on any movement once the new Jeep was cloned.

Lustmord

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lustmord.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU. It's a Jeep.
Ordered my Rubicon JLU (Sting-Gray, Infotainment, LED, Electrical Group) on July 9th. Build Sheet on the 18th, window sticker today (20th). FCA tell me delivery ETA is August 1-11 (shipping delays due to demand)

Last edited:

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Ordered my Rubicon JLU (Sting-Gray, Infotainment, LED, Electrical Group) on July 9th. Build Sheet on the 18th, window sticker today (20th). FVA tell me delivery ETA is August 1-11 (shipping delays due to demand)
Ugh

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Dealer placed my order on June 18, told me it was “being built” the following week (I never got any status updates other than that), just called me today to say it was delivered, so just over 1 month.

Unfortunately, dealer called me a few hours after I left for vacation, so I’m scheduled to pick it up August 1. Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to when vacation is over.

BTW, build is Granite JLU Rubicon, premium soft top, all packages/options except smokers and steel bumpers.

Sponsored

Highrever777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door JLU
Dealer placed my order on June 18, told me it was “being built” the following week (I never got any status updates other than that), just called me today to say it was delivered, so just over 1 month.

Unfortunately, dealer called me a few hours after I left for vacation, so I’m scheduled to pick it up August 1. Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to when vacation is over.

BTW, build is Granite JLU Rubicon, premium soft top, all packages/options except smokers and steel bumpers.
2 or 4 door?

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Highrever777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 door JLU
Still no status from jeep chat, 1800 number or dealer.....been in inspection over 20 days....

I was able to get the dealer to knock down price on a 4 door rubi they have in stock (they feel bad about all the delays. .so they say) they are telling me they lowered price below dealer cost.... but I was looking for a red 2 door, premium soft top with saddle leather seats.... the 4 door is silver and has soft top delete and cloth seats and plastic bumpers, but all other options.... suppose I can upgrade bumpers and get a soft too down the road.... it is looking like the 2 door may still be a couple months out and I ordered in april... lol

I guess 4 door model might be more stable in highway for long trips and has more room for gear.... decisions decisions

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did not know that.... explains why jlus r getting delivered daily and jls are still in wings
Yeah, the "Unlimited" tag is just their way of saying 4-door. JL=2-door; JLU=4-door; JLR=2-door Rubicon; JLUR=4-door Rubicon; JLUS=4-door Sahara. I guess JLS could be "2-door Sahara", but I haven't seen any of them listed yet and the Jeep.com build page does not seem to allow you to configure a Sahara as a 2-door.

I'm not sure if any of these are official Jeep abbreviations, but they seem to be the standard abbreviations that I've seen here and other websites. Hope that helps...

To ensure that you are being understood when using the abbreviations, I guess we need to use JLUS when talking about a single Sahara, but JLUs when talking about multiple JLU models. Multiple Saharas would probably be JLUSs, I guess... :)

EDITED:

Looking on my dealer's website, I see they have a field called "Model Code". It looks like it has the following values:
  • JLJL72 -- 2-door JL model, "Sport" or "Sport S" package
  • JLJL74 -- 4-door JL model, "Sport" or "Sport S" package
  • JLJS72 -- 2-door JL model, "Rubicon" package
  • JLJP74 -- 4-door JL model, "Sahara" package
  • JLJS74 -- 4-doro JL model, "Rubicon" package
And they do have a red 4-door Sahara for sale if that is what you are looking for:
https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/2018-Jeep-Wrangler-5bf592f50a0e0a177f810849652a488f.htm
https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/2018-Jeep-Wrangler-efcbf9120a0e0ae962e47c65a41150b9.htm
https://www.riveroakscars.com/new/Jeep/2018-Jeep-Wrangler-235df2a30a0e0ae873bebb0800adde0a.htm
Sponsored

Last edited: