Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON JL 4 DOOR
Occupation
QA Aircraft Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,
Looking to add some Jerry Gas cans to my JL. Was wondering if anyone had some good options for adding Jerry cans? Please post pictures if you have any. Thanks for your time. John
Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Hello everyone,
Looking to add some Jerry Gas cans to my JL. Was wondering if anyone had some good options for adding Jerry cans? Please post pictures if you have any. Thanks for your time. John
Hey buddy. Ok I have a rhino rack platform system installed on top my Jeep. I bought 2 HORIZONTAL style Jewry can holders. I don’t have a better pic right now. You get the pic. You might want to store them Lower down on your Jeep? I don’t know? This is just what I did with my setup. I got horizontal style holders to keep the center of gravity low as I have them stored on top. Hope this helps buddy. Here’s a pic

21B0D8CD-5626-4D7A-A175-E291BDD934A1.jpeg

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hello everyone,
John: There was a similar thread today here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jerry-can-mount.20809/ but the conversation leaned towards Roto/FuelPax canisters rather than Jerry cans proper (so it may not have what you're looking for.) even though it started with either type container as an option.

It is truly your desire to stick with Jerry Cans--if so, that's fine?

And if so, first, what I don't like, because I think gasoline should be high up on the rig for safety sake:

frontsidecan.jpg

I think that products which attach to the spare may be your best play, but a 5 gallon tank is going to weigh in at slightly under 40 lbs, so with several cans we start thinking about reinforced tailgates, which is expensive.

The biggest FuelPax can (you can find the link in the other thread) is 4.5 gallons. Maybe that's not enough for you. And there's attachment hardware with that route too.

It's not uncommon for the owner who carries tanks to be an rocker climber or an overlander. If the latter, its not uncommon to have, or have intention on acquiring a roof rack, which may change the direction you go in for where you put your tanks or what type of tanks you ride with.

So--are you an open book on this or do you have certain direction of product (e.g. Jerry can only) choices you want to stick with?
Sponsored