Sponsored

New JL is a POS

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
OK, I have to ask ; you don't own a Jeep , have an FJ, but you are hanging out on a JL Forum....
Guess it's a "Jeep Envy " thing...
Let's see, my FJ dates to 2011, so if it dies, the obvious replacement would be a JL.

Pity Jeep QC has actually fallen since I owned a TJ.

That's not "envy," it's "being aware."

My FJ has gone 143,000 trouble-free miles to date; if anything Jeep should envy that.
Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
First Jeep, Car, whatever should never be associated with an "investment" unless the word exotic is next to it...It is a toy, pure and simple and it does not appreciate so therefore not an investment. Unless you like buying bitcoin...

No one drives a Jeep because it is has great on road manners...That sits more in the realm of pseudo off road wanna-be's like FJ's...

Dashboard reboots when there is an OTA...if most people knew that there would be less complaints...most issues related to the head unit are caused when there is a behind the scenes software or UI update happening. They do not tell you when it happens and much like your work PC when IT decides to do an "update" sometimes things don't work well until the update is finished. Thats life with computers...my mustang does it so does my RS3...

The camera issue is typically related to the prior mentioned issue. Everyone who has had a JL for any amount of time will experience it..there are a lot of software patches being pushed...upon restart the issue clears up...nothing that grabbing the passenger seat and looking backwards cant fix...or did we all forget how to really drive that if a backup camera doesn't work we cant figure out how to reverse...

Never heard of the power cable...must be a one off...

It floods in Texas, as a matter of fact it rained 3" at my house Saturday...What flooding issue do you speak of lol. Can't be from the tops..I have the dual top group and have seen it all with both of them... The only time I have seen water in the cab was when I didnt have my plug situated correctly and went through a small river...

Every car has its issues...my A6 went balls us and electrical system quite working a number of times...first year range rover sport liked to air out on the freeway above 60...My yukon liked to chuck 2nd gear every 25k miles... I can keep going... but complaining about a glove box and an issue with a seat then calling the whole rig a POS is just someone being a little bitch; take it to the dealer and get it fixed, shit happens... If they wont fix it, then feel free to come in here and swing your purse around...
I have to agree with you. I wouldn’t have such a low opinion of Honda if the dealer was able to fix any of the issues I had. Cars have a warranty for a reason. Even plenty of Toyotas have their problems.