Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This is my third Jeep. The broken seat caught me by surprise.
That was a general statement. Wasn’t implying you’re a fan boy.
Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Nope! My 4dr Sahara was a POS and is now someone else’s problem. Problems started at 7000 miles. I now own a better built vehicle. So long Jeep. Thank God.
You purchased a better vehicle, yet you are still here on the Jeep JL Forum. Hmmm.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
The tranny shifts to 8th, back to 7th up to 8th back to 7th, with no codes set, you know ... funny.
Looking at your signature picture, you put larger diameter tires (Rubi take offs) on a Sport JL geared for smaller diameter tires. The shifts will be different if you didn't re-calibrate. I put 33's on my sport, re-calibrated and it holds 8th gear just fine.

OP
OP

Ghuzz

Looking at your signature picture, you put larger diameter tires (Rubi take offs) on a Sport JL geared for smaller diameter tires. The shifts will be different if you didn't re-calibrate. I put 33's on my sport, re-calibrated and it holds 8th gear just fine.
Thanks but it did it with the original tires too. No difference noticed after the Rubicons were installed. Nice looking Jeep too dude!

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
i bought a Corolla once for a commuter car. It had some problems. Have driven multiple Camrys as loaner and rental cars. I have never driven a more boring, soulless vehicle. I honestly don’t see what all the fuss is with Toyota. I would never buy another.
Perhaps so, but you have just defined why many people buy a Toyota.

Many people want boring and just want their car to take them to and from work daily for over a decade with little more than oil changes, and most Toyotas will do just that.

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
i am trading in for a toyota 4 runner or a Tundra. Cant take this poor quality any more. 5k miles and it feels like its 100k miles, loose, noises and vibrations everywhere, the camera works only some of the time, the engine doesn't start randomly, and the dealer network can't even figure out an oil change. It should be illegal.

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
i am trading in for a toyota 4 runner or a Tundra. Cant take this poor quality any more. 5k miles and it feels like its 100k miles, loose, noises and vibrations everywhere, the camera works only some of the time, the engine doesn't start randomly, and the dealer network can't even figure out an oil change. It should be illegal.
Bye.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Thanks but it did it with the original tires too. No difference noticed after the Rubicons were installed. Nice looking Jeep too dude!

For all of those Toyota perfectionists, go take a look at their Forum for 4-runners and on the first page alone they are listing issues like these: Temperature control won't change, mushy ride, front bumper pops out, phone volume issues, blinking lights with 4WD indicator, and cyclical vibration in the transmission. That's just on the first page. Sounds like a few POS's coming out of those factories too!!!

Granted, none are earth shattering, but neither are some of the JL's issues.

Dream on Toyota lovers!

OP
OP

Ghuzz

For all of those Toyota perfectionists, go take a look at their Forum for 4-runners and on the first page alone they are listing issues like these: Temperature control won't change, mushy ride, front bumper pops out, phone volume issues, blinking lights with 4WD indicator, and cyclical vibration in the transmission. That's just on the first page. Sounds like a few POS's coming out of those factories too!!!

Granted, none are earth shattering, but neither are some of the JL's issues.

Dream on Toyota lovers!
I like my Jeep, but there is “0” comparison between the two when it comes to build quality. It’s apples vs oranges. Not even in the same ballpark.

9BD620EF-72E9-4B38-B147-2D2D81593DCA.jpeg

657415FC-4328-4EAB-9251-D3A3CF33F3C1.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ghuzz

I think the misunderstanding is that there are a lot of owners that do not have problems. I've owned easily over 20 new vehicles in my lifetime and they all needed some form of adjustment or part replacement in the first year or two of ownership, knock on wood never owned a "lemon". My JL just turned 1 year last month and I now have 14K miles and I can honestly say its been trouble free. I did my research and a thorough test drive before purchase, and it has been what I expected.

I empathize with owners that have had serious issues and repeated problems with no remedy, I would be frustrated too.
IMHO I would either find a good dealer willing to fix issues, or just get rid of the vehicle and move on. Complaining of a forum may feel good but how is that really helping you to get things resolved? Your time is better spent complaining to your dealer, regional, or corporate Jeep/FCA...
Isn’t that the idea of this forum, to talk about your Jeep? A person from Jeep contacted me because I posted my problem on here. Another told me how he dealt with a Jeep dealership It’s a little bit more than “feel”

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
Traded in my Lemon Tacoma for an F150 three years ago... best move I ever made.
5.0, all aluminum body, XLT... awesome truck. 62k mikes and zero issues.... the only time it has been back to the Ford dealership since purchase was to stop and buy some mudflaps from the parts dept.
My wife and kids had nicknamed the Toyota "Lemoma" lol... I used to call it "Now What!" Talk about a lemon! My sister has a RAV4 that has also been problematic for her... she regrets trading in her Cherokee for it.
Sorry... but many of us don't buy into the Toyota Reliability Myth.
;)

OP
OP

Ghuzz

Traded in my Lemon Tacoma for an F150 three years ago... best move I ever made.
5.0, all aluminum body, XLT... awesome truck. 62k mikes and zero issues.... the only time it has been back to the Ford dealership since purchase was to stop and buy some mudflaps from the parts dept.
My wife and kids had nicknamed the Toyota "Lemoma" lol... I used to call it "Now What!" Talk about a lemon! My sister has a RAV4 that has also been problematic for her... she regrets trading in her Cherokee for it.
Sorry... but many of us don't buy into the Toyota Reliability Myth.
;)
True, most people didn't jump on the Toyota band wagon because they are so great, it was because the Detroit junk is so bad. I wouldn't even consider a Ford... My kids say F,O,R,D, Fix or repair daily!

OP
OP

Ghuzz

Perhaps so, but you have just defined why many people buy a Toyota.

Many people want boring and just want their car to take them to and from work daily for over a decade with little more than oil changes, and most Toyotas will do just that.
My Camry's birthday is memorial day, she'll be 12, 165K flawless miles! oh how I love the way she gets me to and from work each day!

PabloP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Well, we were going to leave this morning for a Jeep trip up to Mingus mountain, but the right side passenger seat stuck full forward. Instead l drove it to the dealership,they said to bring it back Monday, the glove box is broken the air vents are loose the tranny shifts weird, it’s a piece of crap! The only good thing is it reminds me of why I started buying Toyota’s back in the 90’s, anyone interested in a good deal on a 18 JL 2 door less than 3k miles ?
mine is fine so far at 5 months.
Sponsored