robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
All us 2-door owners anyway.
By "JLU" I was referring to the 4-door models. There are posts here that some of them had to resort to using screwdrivers as levers after the plastic levers broke.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
By "JLU" I was referring to the 4-door models. There are posts here that some of them had to resort to using screwdrivers as levers after the plastic levers broke.
Looks like possible fragile seat leavers on all JLs. I did't catch the JLU.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Looks like possible fragile seat leavers on all JLs. I did't catch the JLU.
NP, easy mistake. From what I have gathered that's more of an early-model issue, mine seem fine :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhhh yes, good ol Toyota. They never have any issues. I had a Lexus IS250...full engine and front brake replacement at 55k miles. For some reason I went back for seconds and got a GS350 FSport. 7 door lock actuators (each door was replaced at least twice) and 2 window motors later, I have again told myself no more Toyota products. That being said, their service department was flawless and one of the reasons I was extremely hesitant to pull the trigger on my JLUR. Just an oil change is a pain and will do whatever maintenance I can from here out.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
i bought a Corolla once for a commuter car. It had some problems. Have driven multiple Camrys as loaner and rental cars. I have never driven a more boring, soulless vehicle. I honestly don’t see what all the fuss is with Toyota. I would never buy another.

View attachment 179898

Twinjayhawks

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
[QUOTE="I don't want your POS. Your advertising needs some work. What could possibly be a good deal on a POS?[/QUOTE]

I am still laughing... that is funny!

Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
If you think Jeep sucks don’t ever buy any type of RV. Talk about POS. Warranty and build quality is poor. A lot of repair work is even worse.
Are you talking about campers or just the driveable ones?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well, we were going to leave this morning for a Jeep trip up to Mingus mountain, but the right side passenger seat stuck full forward. Instead l drove it to the dealership,they said to bring it back Monday, the glove box is broken the air vents are loose the tranny shifts weird, it’s a piece of crap! The only good thing is it reminds me of why I started buying Toyota’s back in the 90’s, anyone interested in a good deal on a 18 JL 2 door less than 3k miles ?
Yeah, let's talk about Toyota. About how in the 80s their trucks were literally rusted when they unloaded them off the ship from Japan, and if you wanted bumpers you had to pay extra, and the 22R engine had the same power as the Briggs&Stratton on an American Craftsman lawn mower. Or about how in the 90s their trucks had frames that were literally folding in half like a lawn chair and the suspension on the Camry would fail in 20,000 miles and the car would bounce like a po-go stick down the highway. Or about how in the 00s they started buying back trucks from consumers in a massive publicized recall campaign, and the new Tundra was breaking crankshafts and rear ends from normal use, and the plastic beds on the Tacomas were cracking under normal use, and the head gaskets on the 4.0L V6 were blowing out just beyond warranty expiration, and the exhaust manifolds on the 4.7L V8 cracked and fell apart before 100,000 miles, and the company as a whole was leading the world in vehicle recalls because they are over-hyped junk.

Sorry, it just gets me triggered when another lemming posts something about Toyota. Toyota's PR department would have made Jim Jones jealous.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had more warranty work than a Mercedes i bought my wife. And not loose air vents either, complete transmission replacement and many other serious mechanical issues. All vehicles have their problems. Not that it's an excuse for FCA. There are a lot of fan boys on here that would rather eat a crap sandwich than admit that their Jeep wasn't the best auto ever produced.

This is my 4th Jeep, so you could say I am inoculated from these small issues. I expect then because it says "Jeep" on the front. I expect loose air vents, I expect it to squeal when i start it. But if i wanted a different vehicle i would have bought it.

I wonder how many of the people doing the majority of the complaining are first time Jeep owners? Just a thought.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
First time Jeep owner here, but lifelong wannabe.
I ain’t going anywhere. I’m home now.
It makes me sad to think I wasted 20 years of my life driving Toyota pickups.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, let's talk about Toyota. About how in the 80s their trucks were literally rusted when they unloaded them off the ship from Japan, and if you wanted bumpers you had to pay extra, and the 22R engine had the same power as the Briggs&Stratton on an American Craftsman lawn mower.
Ah, owned a Toy truck with the 22R which was used in MANY Toys. By 80k miles it was slinging oil like crazy so thought the front engine cover was bad. Went to a parts store and they used them as delivery trucks - nope, just need to replace the gasket since it was a common fail item. I replaced the alternator, starter, EVERY ball joint, a u-joint and other items I can't recall by 80k miles.
Sponsored