Sponsored

New JL is a POS

OP
OP

Ghuzz

WAAAH ! I'm not a " mechanic" , and yet I've successfully corrected minor issues that you are hysterical about. Jeeps, specifically Wranglers, require input from their owners, not helpless handwringing and whining for the mythical " good old fill in the blank " vehicles.
This Forum exists to share, instruct, and solve issues.
Bleating about your "problems" is more about you than the JL. Please find a Unicorn Toyota, and sail off into the sunset...
Should I have taken the seat out and fixed it at 2700 miles? The Jeep cost 34k? I could have. When I’m stranded miles from nowhere because of the piece of crap it is I might do that, it was in my garage. The other problems I just live with. My wife couldn’t sit in the seat.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ghuzz

My wife's $85K Audi Q7 had to go into the shop a few times, as has my A4. We got a brand new Toyota when we got married...thirteen trips to the dealer later (in less than two months) and it was returned. Point is...all vehicles have some sort of issue sometimes. Air vents and glove boxes seem like very minor things. Maybe our seat is an issue also, I don't know, as we put it in a place where it's comfortable and leave it. We bought Wranglers...not G Wagons.
It’s about attention to details. I can live with the cheap glove box and air vents but the seat not so much.34K is what I spent on my Jeep, I don’t think I should have these problems mainly because it makes be wonder about what’s going to happen next... miles from help.

OP
OP

Ghuzz

Mines fine...and tens of thousands of others are as well. Always going to be a few lemons that get out with any vehicle. You just don't hear about the good ones. Have the dealer take care of it and stop crying. Or sell it and get something "better".
FYI lemons are not ok. $34000.00 for a lemon does in fact make me cry.

OP
OP

Ghuzz

How about we all stop making excuses for FCA that oh of course there is going to be a few lemons the first couple years and all that. Its all of us, me included who continue to pay top dollar for extremely sub par quality and patronize this brand for junk. Its a travesty what kind of issues and poor quality this manufacturer has put out this past 18 months. So lets all at least call it what it is instead of making excuses.
Good point! I want to be a Jeep fan FCA is the one making it hard.demand goes up the quality goes down Typical Detroit junk.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ghuzz

True that!!

Another seat stuck full forward position! This is 6th documented JL with that issue here.

I would not call 6 an issue....
Who else has had seat problems? Can you post a link I’d like to talk to them...

OP
OP

Ghuzz

Just don't use the glovebox or move your air vents and don't slide your passenger seat forward people, easy fix! :)
You know what? that seems to have fixed it! Thanks! My doctor said the same thing about my sore shoulder ...

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Your right, all you 4-door owners don't have the the OP's seat problem and never will. You don't have to worry about folding forward seats. Us 2-door owners…real Wrangler…COUGH-COUGH…owners have the fold forward seats with the delicate plastic levers… You 4-door Wrangler owners did not escape the potential center arm rest latch and glove box problems though. lol.

Seriously, great to hear you have not had problems! 25K miles a year is very impressive! Your pic looks like you are not babying it either!
I am loving this beast! Yeah , cheesey 4 Dr humor. I want to have OP follow me out and go where I go in his new Toyota after he swallows the loss

OP
OP

Ghuzz

Note to self: Don't push passenger seat in Jeep full forward and tempt fate. Got it. Won't do that.

On a different note, my Sienna had a full extended warranty which I purchased that took it to 100,000 miles. Between 36k and 100k the whole entertainment screen/back up camera screen died - that right there paid for the extended warranty and some. But on top of that, the steering column was replaced, both front axles replaced and for a while there, it kept tear cv boots up front leaking oil all over. Had I not had that extended warranty, I could have jumped on the Sienna forums and melted down about the Sienna being a heavier Camry w/o the proper heavier duty parts to go with the heavier build over the Camry chassis b/c the sum of the above fixes which were outside the manufacturer's original warranty were many, many thousands of dollars. I still have my Sienna and its up to 150k now with no other major issues (knock wood).

Don't get me started on my Explorer that liked to grenade transmissions in the 90's.

Point being, shit happens with all manufacturers. Get it fixed since it's still under warranty. Enjoy it if you can or want and if it's still acting up at 36k buy the extended warranty or sell it.
Chevy bought back my 2000 Chevy venture van on the lemon law, we then bought a sienna van never had a problem my 07 Camry has 165k on it no problems, my wife drives a 18 4Runner. We’re spoiled when it comes to quality and you just can’t compare a Toyota with a Jeep build quality wise.

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
FYI lemons are not ok. $34000.00 for a lemon does in fact make me cry.
That is not a lemon (yet)...
I feel your pain - I have had two vehicles bought back from two different very big and reliable manufacturers that were true lemons. I have also had a couple that had issues that took several trip back to fix. Again, It sucks - and I do not say that to be patronizing.

We all know that the JL is not a POS. Yours, at this point, is not a POS. Maybe some more bigger problems and then I will agree.

To me, the key on whether to jump ship here is how Jeep handles your issues. Give them a chance to make you whole again. They screww that up and I will swing by and take you to the Toyota dealer myself.