Sponsored

New JL is a POS

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
....Please find a Unicorn Toyota, and sail off into the sunset...
I've been searching for it, and still can't find 'em :)
Though my brother-in-law must think they exist. Every other year, he's buying a new Toyota SUV or Truck. He's given me grief about having Jeep's. But at least our TJ, and now MOAB, go off road! Something he's never done with any of his "Toy's" :)
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
How about we all stop making excuses for FCA that oh of course there is going to be a few lemons the first couple years and all that. Its all of us, me included who continue to pay top dollar for extremely sub par quality and patronize this brand for junk. Its a travesty what kind of issues and poor quality this manufacturer has put out this past 18 months. So lets all at least call it what it is instead of making excuses.
I went into buying my Jeep knowing they're reputation was of lower quality vehicles than Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, etc.. Jeep has always lagged behind in quality, including the years with AMC and continued to lag behind under Chrysler. But, I agree in general. Consumer pressure has driven higher quality across the board. Don't cut em any slack.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
Well, we were going to leave this morning for a Jeep trip up to Mingus mountain, but the right side passenger seat stuck full forward. Instead l drove it to the dealership,they said to bring it back Monday, the glove box is broken the air vents are loose the tranny shifts weird, it’s a piece of crap! The only good thing is it reminds me of why I started buying Toyota’s back in the 90’s, anyone interested in a good deal on a 18 JL 2 door less than 3k miles ?
That right there is some deep trollin... Head on back over to your beloved Toyota forums my friend.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Shoulda bought a 4 door! I'm at 23,712 miles in 353 days. Not one issue
20190426_101115.jpg
Your right, all you 4-door owners don't have the the OP's seat problem and never will. You don't have to worry about folding forward seats. Us 2-door owners…real Wrangler…COUGH-COUGH…owners have the fold forward seats with the delicate plastic levers… You 4-door Wrangler owners did not escape the potential center arm rest latch and glove box problems though. lol.

Seriously, great to hear you have not had problems! 25K miles a year is very impressive! Your pic looks like you are not babying it either!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ditto here. 10 months, 11k miles, zero problems inside and out. Knock wood, a New England winter, then beat upon daily by 2 kids with tons of school and sport equipment.
Forget life cycle testing. Kids are a true test of how durable the interiors are! FCA should have hired some kids and turned them loose on interiors. lol. Auto Show cars can be pretty good indicator of how durable interiors are also. Auto Show cars really take a beating.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went into buying my Jeep knowing they're reputation was of lower quality vehicles than Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan, etc.. Jeep has always lagged behind in quality, including the years with AMC and continued to lag behind under Chrysler. But, I agree in general. Consumer pressure has driven higher quality across the board. Don't cut em any slack.
Truth!

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
"Viper88": FCA only had 3 million miles to test the proto-types! And only in the desert! The designers spent all of their time engineering the cheapest plastic rear seat handles, etc. Jeep has a long history of poor manufacturing.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Viper88": FCA only had 3 million miles to test the proto-types! And only in the desert! The designers spent all of their time engineering the cheapest plastic rear seat handles, etc. Jeep has a long history of poor manufacturing.
I hear you. I owned a TJ, JK, now a JL. JEEP has never been remotely close to the upper 25% of automobile manufacturing quality in any survey or study. I knew going in what I was potentially going to be dealing with. I obviously feel it was/ is still worth all the fun and enjoyment a Wrangler provides. The Wrangler is unique, until someone Like Ford and the Bronco show up, there is no other choice. Hopefully FCA ups the ante and improves QC overall before loosing market share.

In the same breath, I have owned some uber reliable brands that were as advertised…super reliable. Unfortunately they were not as enjoyable and FUN to drive. Thankfully there are warranties, lol.

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
We are jeep lovers. Remember that.

We expect to shave with razors that are dull
We actually read our junk mail
We dine out where there are an abundance of screaming kids
We don't write down or remember our passwords
We expect to have poor WIFI and signal coverage

In some perverted way, we may even long for these things because, possibly, at some point in our lives, we landed a date with the hottest girl in class, you know, the one that you knew was a headcase, but for that one night, that brief instant, we had a magical evening. Sure, the next day and following years, we paid dearly for that night of pleasure, but something changed in us at that point and we all understood.....

there can be no excitement without danger and the risk of misery.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
We are jeep lovers. Remember that.

We expect to shave with razors that are dull
We actually read our junk mail
We dine out where there are an abundance of screaming kids
We don't write down or remember our passwords
We expect to have poor WIFI and signal coverage

In some perverted way, we may even long for these things because, possibly, at some point in our lives, we landed a date with the hottest girl in class, you know, the one that you knew was a headcase, but for that one night, that brief instant, we had a magical evening. Sure, the next day and following years, we paid dearly for that night of pleasure, but something changed in us at that point and we all understood.....

there can be no excitement without danger and the risk of misery.
Syphilis?

Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
I hear you. I owned a TJ, JK, now a JL. JEEP has never been remotely close to the upper 25% of automobile manufacturing quality in any survey or study. I knew going in what I was potentially going to be dealing with. I obviously feel it was/ is still worth all the fun and enjoyment a Wrangler provides. The Wrangler is unique, until someone Like Ford and the Bronco show up, there is no other choice. Hopefully FCA ups the ante and improves QC overall before loosing market share.

In the same breath, I have owned some uber reliable brands that were as advertised…super reliable. Unfortunately they were not as enjoyable and FUN to drive. Thankfully there are warranties, lol.
I had to chuckle... I remember a buddy of mine from a while back. He bought an International Harvester Scout. He said the dealership told him "No worries, it comes standard with a toolbox...." :)

back on topic. Indeed, it's a Jeep thing man! We love 'em! Nothing out there like 'em!

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile

I would say that everybody that owns a Harley knows that Honda builds a much better reliable bike but bought the Harley anyway. Buying a Jeep is passion and lifestyle.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
When I saw the new jl I knew that I would buy one but waited a year. It takes some time to learn how to build it right the first time. Most complaints are from the first ones out.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Note to self: Don't push passenger seat in Jeep full forward and tempt fate. Got it. Won't do that.

On a different note, my Sienna had a full extended warranty which I purchased that took it to 100,000 miles. Between 36k and 100k the whole entertainment screen/back up camera screen died - that right there paid for the extended warranty and some. But on top of that, the steering column was replaced, both front axles replaced and for a while there, it kept tear cv boots up front leaking oil all over. Had I not had that extended warranty, I could have jumped on the Sienna forums and melted down about the Sienna being a heavier Camry w/o the proper heavier duty parts to go with the heavier build over the Camry chassis b/c the sum of the above fixes which were outside the manufacturer's original warranty were many, many thousands of dollars. I still have my Sienna and its up to 150k now with no other major issues (knock wood).

Don't get me started on my Explorer that liked to grenade transmissions in the 90's.

Point being, shit happens with all manufacturers. Get it fixed since it's still under warranty. Enjoy it if you can or want and if it's still acting up at 36k buy the extended warranty or sell it.
Sponsored

Last edited: