New JL is a POS

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Your all in denial ! 6th document JL with that issue ? What about the hundreds of other people in this forum with major issues, do we all need to be reminded of reality here ?
Sponsored

Dansjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
250 miles 2 weeks old and no problems at all. Hope it stays that way.

Sorry some are having problems but as other have said your pos problems are not that serious. Dealer will fix at no charge to you and your Jeep will be great again.

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
If you think Jeep sucks don’t ever buy any type of RV. Talk about POS. Warranty and build quality is poor. A lot of repair work is even worse.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Your all in denial ! 6th document JL with that issue ? What about the hundreds of other people in this forum with major issues, do we all need to be reminded of reality here ?
I think the misunderstanding is that there are a lot of owners that do not have problems. I've owned easily over 20 new vehicles in my lifetime and they all needed some form of adjustment or part replacement in the first year or two of ownership, knock on wood never owned a "lemon". My JL just turned 1 year last month and I now have 14K miles and I can honestly say its been trouble free. I did my research and a thorough test drive before purchase, and it has been what I expected.

I empathize with owners that have had serious issues and repeated problems with no remedy, I would be frustrated too.
IMHO I would either find a good dealer willing to fix issues, or just get rid of the vehicle and move on. Complaining of a forum may feel good but how is that really helping you to get things resolved? Your time is better spent complaining to your dealer, regional, or corporate Jeep/FCA...

Sponsored

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
My wife's $85K Audi Q7 had to go into the shop a few times, as has my A4. We got a brand new Toyota when we got married...thirteen trips to the dealer later (in less than two months) and it was returned. Point is...all vehicles have some sort of issue sometimes. Air vents and glove boxes seem like very minor things. Maybe our seat is an issue also, I don't know, as we put it in a place where it's comfortable and leave it. We bought Wranglers...not G Wagons.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Another perspective to think about. Jeep builds 18,000 jeeps a month... I’m sure the number crunchers look at failure rates and it is probably less than 1%.
Every vehicle I have ever owned has issues. Audi, Ford, GM, yes and even Toyota. Heck I bought a new Toyota truck and they had to replace the engine with less than 10k miles. So far so good with the Jeep, however mine had a sticker on the window that said it was pulled off the line for quality control check.

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Most companies now use the Microsoft mentality:
Just get the product out to the consumer. We’ll fix it later.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Another perspective to think about. Jeep builds 18,000 jeeps a month... I’m sure the number crunchers look at failure rates and it is probably less than 1%.
Exactly. Also, people post far more often when something breaks than when it doesn't. But let me see if I can change that:

1) My seats work just fine.
2) My air vents work just fine.
3) My transmission is completely awesome.
4) My glove box works just fine.

13k miles in first year.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Sucks the OP is having so many problems, sorry. I remember when my JL was 1k miles young and had total electrical failure, had to be towed to dealer and I was without it for 10ish days without a forseeable resolution. That really is a terrible and hopeless feeling. I remember it well. If I had spent 50k on a vehicle and had all the problematic the OP is having I would feel this way too.
The issue is in the vocalization and blanket statements one tends to make when feeling at either extreme of the spectrum of feelings.
Forums are no different than patient satisfaction scores for a physician. Patients who leave an office visit or have surgery who are simply content with how things went typically don't feel motivated enough to reply to a survey about their experience or provide feedback. This is probably 90% of all patients. Same probably goes for JLs. How many are sold every month based on JLWF monthly sales report- some 25 THOUSAND!? This forum represents a minute fraction of JL enthusiasts. So few that some of us could name many of the main members here who post. There are literally hundreds of thousands (millions maybe) of JLs out there just doing their thing. Someone is going to get the shitty ones and when one of our members is that someone we are gonna hear about it.
OP- that sucks, and I'd be pissed too. That being said, 'your' JL may be and sounds like is a POS. Not true that 'the' JL is a POS though.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
That's too bad, that evidentally all these DEFECTS happened YESTERDAY ???

3000 miles and everything crapped AT ONCE ???

Why wasn't the first problem taken care of AT THE TIME--??

I don't think you should own a jeep-

W.E.

JIMBO

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Well, we were going to leave this morning for a Jeep trip up to Mingus mountain, but the right side passenger seat stuck full forward. Instead l drove it to the dealership,they said to bring it back Monday, the glove box is broken the air vents are loose the tranny shifts weird, it’s a piece of crap! The only good thing is it reminds me of why I started buying Toyota’s back in the 90’s, anyone interested in a good deal on a 18 JL 2 door less than 3k miles ?
WAAAH ! I'm not a " mechanic" , and yet I've successfully corrected minor issues that you are hysterical about. Jeeps, specifically Wranglers, require input from their owners, not helpless handwringing and whining for the mythical " good old fill in the blank " vehicles.
This Forum exists to share, instruct, and solve issues.
Bleating about your "problems" is more about you than the JL. Please find a Unicorn Toyota, and sail off into the sunset...
Sponsored