NEW! JL Front Camera offering - ZAutomotive 2/28/19

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Ugh. I give. Even correcting the pin configuration still not working. I think I'll return to stock and call it a day. Now, if I could only get that lighter plug connector back in! I'll try again tomorrow...
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Ugh. I give. Even correcting the pin configuration still not working. I think I'll return to stock and call it a day. Now, if I could only get that lighter plug connector back in! I'll try again tomorrow...
If that lighter plug isn't in you've got no power to the camera. Again I can relate. The space available wasn't designed for big boy fingers to be working in.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Do any of the authorized dealers sell the wire harness? $9 for shipping seems steep for a wire thats $25. Sorry all this free shipping got me spoiled.. There's 100lb bumpers that come with free shipping, so...
It's not free. It's just included in the price.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Just installed on my 2019 (build date feb 19) Pin locations in the manual are correct in my case.

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
If that lighter plug isn't in you've got no power to the camera. Again I can relate. The space available wasn't designed for big boy fingers to be working in.
Ah- no- the plug hat as was definitely installed, now I’m trying to put the original plug back - it’s tricky as hell!

Sponsored

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have the superchips programmer and can confirm it does have the ability to turn on the cargo camera, I enabled the feature this weekend. It takes a couple of turn off/turn on cycles to show up, but its there. Looking forward to checking this camera out to see how it works.
I also have the flashcal and in my opinion, is better than the Tazer JL. I have successfully used to turn off my axles my lockers for ultimate Dana 60s my power steering my sway bar. For me it better for ease of use. Also slightly cheaper, but I am glad I bought Z's camera, it was very easy to install in fact me and two of my other buddies bought one.

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 LR4, '21 F-150 FX4, '08 620i Gator
Installed Z-Automotive cargo camera last weekend on my 2018 JLUR with 8.4. Activated it using my SC JL Flashcal. Worked intermittently during the week. Now I am seeing problems with both front and rear camera showing black (not blue) screens. Anyone else seen such problems?

Having had the typical/common intermittent Uconnect issues all along as many have seen in this forum. Just trying to rule variables out while I troubleshoot.

BTW, how waterproof is this camera. I drove through a pretty hard downpour and was wondering if that may have played a role.

Thanks.

mikep

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
for those of you using a Flashcal, which is what I have, Joe at ZAUTO said in post #35 that the Flashcal does not have the same functionality as the Tazer and the camera will turn off if the Jeep is in motion. Can any Flashcal users confirm if this is your experience? I want to install a front camera and already have a Flashcal which i used to reprogram for tires and re-gear. I don't want to buy another programmer and if the camera turns off when in motion it wont work for what I am looking for.

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
for those of you using a Flashcal, which is what I have, Joe at ZAUTO said in post #35 that the Flashcal does not have the same functionality as the Tazer and the camera will turn off if the Jeep is in motion. Can any Flashcal users confirm if this is your experience? I want to install a front camera and already have a Flashcal which i used to reprogram for tires and re-gear. I don't want to buy another programmer and if the camera turns off when in motion it wont work for what I am looking for.
This is true, at least partially. I have the Flashcal/ZAuto combo and have seen the camera turn off when test driving at higher speeds and 2WD. Usually takes about 10 secs. I have not, however, seen this happen while wheeling slowly and/or in 4WD but have not tested long enough. Just have not had the time sadly.

I recall reading someone in a forum that the Gladiator trail cam turns off at a certain speed or possibly in 2WD. Or maybe I am imagining I read it. I have an email into ZAuto support to verify if this is a "safety standard feature". Will report once I hear back.

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just downloaded the Gladiator User Manual which states:

"Whenever the TrailCam image is activated through the Manual Activation Methods, and the vehicle speed is greater than or equal to 8 mph (13 km/h), a display timer for the image is initiated. The image will continue to be displayed until the display timer exceeds 10 seconds.

NOTE: • If the vehicle speed remains below 8 mph (13 km/h), the TrailCam image will be displayed continuously until deactivated via the touchscreen button “X”, the transmission is shifted into PARK, or the ignition is cycled to the OFF position."

"The TrailCam View will stay active regardless of the vehicle speed and time while in 4L (Four-Wheel Drive Low Range). "

This may be what I am seeing.

Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Just downloaded the Gladiator User Manual which states:

"Whenever the TrailCam image is activated through the Manual Activation Methods, and the vehicle speed is greater than or equal to 8 mph (13 km/h), a display timer for the image is initiated. The image will continue to be displayed until the display timer exceeds 10 seconds.

NOTE: • If the vehicle speed remains below 8 mph (13 km/h), the TrailCam image will be displayed continuously until deactivated via the touchscreen button “X”, the transmission is shifted into PARK, or the ignition is cycled to the OFF position."

"The TrailCam View will stay active regardless of the vehicle speed and time while in 4L (Four-Wheel Drive Low Range). "

This may be what I am seeing.
Correct for trail cam, backup camand if you enable cargo cam.

But the Tazer has a built in live feature that allows trail cam, cargo cam and backup cam at any speed in any drive mode for any amount of time. One of the best uses of this override is when towing so you can keep an eye on things back there.

DVJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4door
Mike, great info, thank you for taking the time to find this in the Gladiator manual and sharing it. Very helpful and it confirms it works for my needs (will stay on in 4lo)!

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Need some help here. I installed the camera and tried to use JSCAN to enable the cargo camera app on UCONNECT but the icon has not shown up even 8 hours later. When I had the screen disconnected I lost my backup camera as well as other climate control functionality but everything came back after sitting overnight. However the cargo cam function still does not appear.

Has anyone had success enabling cargo cam using JSCAN?

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Need some help here. I installed the camera and tried to use JSCAN to enable the cargo camera app on UCONNECT but the icon has not shown up even 8 hours later. When I had the screen disconnected I lost my backup camera as well as other climate control functionality but everything came back after sitting overnight. However the cargo cam function still does not appear.

assuming you enabled it correctly, the radio needs to be rebooted twice then 2 sleep cycles. Not sure how to do that with jscan so you might need to do a battery disconnect.
Aside from that, you will notice that the front camera will shut off when you’re in motion. But if you have a Tazer JL Mini it’ll work at any speed (so will the backup camera) as the Tazer forces the radio to allow it. There’s no programming in Jscan to allow this as it’s not a vehicle option.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

@calvinf1

Tazer JL is the way to go in regard to Cargo Cam..... for the reasons Joe just mentioned..

JSCAN will never be able to do waht Tazer JL does in regard to cargo cam.

As for JSCAN.... With the JSCAN app, enable Cargo Cam and right then.... after you select enable, scroll up and do a "restart all ecus", do it TWICE.. and Remember to cycle ignition key at the and and open and close the door.
Sponsored