NEW! JL Front Camera offering - ZAutomotive 2/28/19

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
Do any of the authorized dealers sell the wire harness? $9 for shipping seems steep for a wire thats $25. Sorry all this free shipping got me spoiled.. There's 100lb bumpers that come with free shipping, so...

RubiRedJeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I see that on the Z Automotive website that you need the Tazer for this to access the Cargo Camera. But I see on my Superchips Flashcal it gives me the option to access the Cargo Camera. Basically my question is, will this camera work with my Flashcal since I don’t own a Tazer?

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks like there are buttons for two cameras on the screen when the camera is activated. Is it possible to install two front cameras? I'm thinking one on the grille and one underneath the bumper. Is this possible?

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Looks like there are buttons for two cameras on the screen when the camera is activated. Is it possible to install two front cameras? I'm thinking one on the grille and one underneath the bumper. Is this possible?
One is the backup camera.

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Time to update the install instructions for the camera. I was VERY frustrated when I just installed mine and the camera did not work. I happened to find a single comment after searching many threads where someone mentioned talking to @joe@zauto and he said to try pin 21 & 22. I did that and it worked great. I have a 2019 JLUR.

Also the instructions say to pull the clutch plug on the firewall “below” the brake booster. It is NOT below, it is: next to, beside, alongside, level with, it is many things, but NOT BELOW. That wasted over 30 minutes because I have an air compressor below, so I had to pull the inner fender liner just to try and find what wasn’t there. Then after not seeing it where it was described, I went looking elsewhere and found it between the brake booster and the drivers side fender.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Anyone who installed this over a year ago have any feedback? How are they holding up?

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to get this, but not put it where it's supposed to go. GOing to try mount it in a different location because i'll have a bar with 2 light son it that will pretty much take away most of what i can see. So has anyone come up wiht any creative spots of where to put this aside from where ZAutomotive puts it?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I'm looking to get this, but not put it where it's supposed to go. GOing to try mount it in a different location because i'll have a bar with 2 light son it that will pretty much take away most of what i can see. So has anyone come up wiht any creative spots of where to put this aside from where ZAutomotive puts it?
My light bar had fins that I mounted the camera to. It’s not hooked up yet.

Scott

F3B0328F-0F2A-4281-81C9-97309BEEC6AB.jpeg

View attachment 262233

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
My view from the regular location and a Poison Spyder Bruizer bumper:

06D628C1542F4F3399A6.jpg

Not sure why CubeUpload rotates photos sometimes, use it as an opportunity to adjust the grip on your phone to help fight arthritis.

Sponsored

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
SO what is the consensus on which pins to use on the radio harness plug? @joe@zauto I have a 2020 JLU and 24 and 25 just give me a blue screen (the instructions still aren't updated to prevent me from breaking the red clip, darn it and I didn't read this thread until now). I, too was missing shrink tube for the under hood connection. The install isn't too bad, but I'm a little pissed I need to take the radio out again to get the wiring straightened out. Do the pins remove easily enough? Any tips to get those out?

Last edited:

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I used a small pointy pick (smaller than a toothpick.) Once you slide it in the correct side, the pin will slide right out. And the second time, I verified the camera worked before I put it all back together.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
SO what is the consensus on which pins to use on the radio harness plug? @joe@zauto I have a 2020 JLU and 24 and 25 just give me a blue screen (the instructions still aren't updated to prevent me from breaking the red clip, darn it and I didn't read this thread until now). I, too was missing shrink tube for the under hood connection. The install isn't too bad, but I'm a little pissed I need to take the radio out again to get the wiring straightened out. Do the pins remove easily enough? Any tips to get those out?
Looking at the instruction photos just move the pins down so the lowest one is in the very bottom slot, the second is right next to and above it.

One of my neighbors does a lot of electronics work and he loaned me a tool that made pin removal easy. It was nothing more than a very narrow and thin metal blade that I slid in from the back side and indeed, the pin popped right out. There is a tiny barb on one side of the pin that grabs the side of the slot. To remove the pin you're pushing that barb away from the side. If it won't pop right out you're on the wrong side of the pin.

I found out about the model year change in slot position about 24 hours after I'd done the installation. I understand your frustration.

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Looking at the instruction photos just move the pins down so the lowest one is in the very bottom slot, the second is right next to and above it.

One of my neighbors does a lot of electronics work and he loaned me a tool that made pin removal easy. It was nothing more than a very narrow and thin metal blade that I slid in from the back side and indeed, the pin popped right out. There is a tiny barb on one side of the pin that grabs the side of the slot. To remove the pin you're pushing that barb away from the side. If it won't pop right out you're on the wrong side of the pin.

I found out about the model year change in slot position about 24 hours after I'd done the installation. I understand your frustration.
Thanks for your reply- the bottom spot would be 20, correct? I think I need 21 and 22...

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for your reply- the bottom spot would be 20, correct? I think I need 21 and 22...
You are correct on the numbers, which are 3 down from the instructions putting the yellow wire at the "bottom" and the black wire just above it. Slots 21 & 22.
20191223_200925.jpg
Sponsored