NEW JL Accessory Ideas for Manufacturers

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Removing foam from the seat bottom, replacing it with a different density, or even 2 density layers, might give you that 2-3" needed. Welding/ altering seat brackets could be a safety / liability issue
It really is a great point. That's why i'm contacting custom car modification shops rather than metal mod shops. If you're interested, google Shaq Jeep - they made a 4 door into a 2 door for him! Anyway, I think a reputable custom car garage should be able to make sure its up to standard.

There was a post somebody made on here about removing foam from the seat, he said if he had to do it all over it would have just left it as it was. I'll see if I can find those posts and maybe ask him why he said that.

SIde note - just installed rubi rock rails on my bare (2 day old) Sport S today !
Sponsored

AKAphoenix

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Shopping
I've been looking around for one because my brother is 6'7 and has a Gladiator. I haven't found anything that could help, and I don't want to cut the seat rails or remove foam. I've been looking around the sound bar to see if the plastic could be removed. Only way to solve it right now, would be to go with an aftermarket seat.
Iā€™ve asked a few seat companies such as Carbeau and they said nothing has been made which reduces the height so far. Iā€™m still waiting except now the top of my Jeep is off so I can sit up straight. Iā€™m worried about my head if an accident occurs. If you find a company that makes a low profile seat please share it here.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I activate my back up camera to use when I remove the doors. The back-up camera does not stay on very long. How about left and right rearview cameras that stay on when you take the doors off. That way you don't need to mount left and right rearview mirrors when you take the doors off.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I would like some sort of bracket that securely holds the freedom panels vertically on the drivers side in the cargo area.

2-Door would require the back seat be removed... not sure about the 4-door.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW JL Accessory Ideas for Manufacturers CR-Cars-Inline-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-cargo-2-18

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I would like some sort of bracket that securely holds the freedom panels vertically on the drivers side in the cargo area.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW JL Accessory Ideas for Manufacturers CR-Cars-Inline-2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-cargo-2-18
This is an interesting idea. I guess if the storage bag behind the seats doesnā€™t work for someone, this would make a great choice and might well be easier to load and unload. Great idea.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm going to try the Vertical Approach ; I had been laying the panels on the rear floor ( rear seat removed, 2 door) and covering with a movers blanket. Vertical easier to access I think

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
This is an interesting idea. I guess if the storage bag behind the seats doesnā€™t work for someone, this would make a great choice and might well be easier to load and unload. Great idea.

Maybe something like this:
335065_p_t_640x480_image10.jpg

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I activate my back up camera to use when I remove the doors. The back-up camera does not stay on very long. How about left and right rearview cameras that stay on when you take the doors off. That way you don't need to mount left and right rearview mirrors when you take the doors off.
Check out the Tazer. I have the basic version but the next version up has the ability to have backup cam activate with turn signals or double tapping mute. I wanted to upgrade the software on Black Friday but didnā€™t have my Tazer in hand at the time and needed the serial number. Debating if itā€™s worth the full cost to me but probably will on the next Sunny weekend.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Lol those arenā€™t left and right rear view mirrors! Those are SIDE view. If you can see the car behind you in your side view, youā€™re doing it wrong.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Lol those arenā€™t left and right rear view mirrors! Those are SIDE view. If you can see the car behind you in your side view, youā€™re doing it wrong.
Correctā€¦a bit tired after dealing with some issues with looters.

Sponsored

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
This might have already been invented, but how about bright little LED lights that we could pop into the holes on aftermarket bumpers that were designed for the parking sensors for those of us that do not have that option.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see someone like Factor55 make a winch hook like the flatlink that your could winch down a front license plate bracket. When your on the trail, just loosen the winch an pull the plate off. When your back on the road winch it back to bumper.

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I would like to see someone like Factor55 make a winch hook like the flatlink that your could winch down a front license plate bracket. When your on the trail, just loosen the winch an pull the plate off. When your back on the road winch it back to bumper.
way too expensive, but https://www.cascadia4x4.com/collect...-winch-license-plate-mount-made-in-usa-canada and I love it having to run a front plate. I also run Factor 55 recovery gear ( splicer and other gear) so am used to paying more for quality and what I want.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase