NEW JL Accessory Ideas for Manufacturers

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
Retrofit Offroad posted this photo of a preproduction JLU slider frame on Instagram the other day. It's not installed, it's just being held in place for the photo.

JLRetrofitKit2a_zpsgl8ecwam.jpg
I was just told by Retrofit Offroad that the slider window kit for JLU factory hardtops is going into production as I write this. Probably will be 8 weeks until the kits are ready to ship.

Also, cargo windows/cargo hatches for the JK and JKU are in the prototype phase, once those get out of prototype state they'll likely be done for the JLU/JL.

CargoWindowHatch_zpswr2t7xzo.jpg
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Jeff @jscherb : I say this as a complement.

If you were tasked with moving a grand piano up 5 flights of a walkup, rather than higher a piano mover you'd break the instrument into pieces, carry it up the stairs as such, and put it back together in the apartment not only so nobody would ever know it was ever taken apart, but once assembled it would play better than in its original form. : - )

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeff @jscherb : I say this as a complement.

If you were tasked with moving a grand piano up 5 flights of a walkup, rather than higher a piano mover you'd break the instrument into pieces, carry it up the stairs as such, and put it back together in the apartment not only so nobody would ever know it was ever taken apart, but once assembled it would play better than in its original form. : - )
Funny you should put it that way... the Dune 2dr JK the top is pictured on belongs to my son, he bought it with just a soft top so I gave him the modular hardtop. He lives in a downtown apartment several floors up in Philadelphia and he's always changing the configuration of the Jeep based on the weather. So he does carry the individual parts of the hardtop up to his apartment (including the roof when he goes full soft top). He reports that storing the parts in his apartment is no big deal, I think all of the parts except the roof panel fit under his queen bed.

Since I've got an extra set of panels here (I converted two hardtops, he has one, I've got the parts for the other here), I'm working on a few new features that I'm putting into the extra set of panels, like the cargo windows I posted above... we did this video over Thanksgiving when he had the Jeep home and we swapped a cargo window panel in place of the panel with the factory window...

A JL or JLU hardtop could be converted to modular the same way this JK hardtop was BTW.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know of this has already been covered, but Eaton should develop a TrueTrac LSD for JL!

TrueTrac eats Trac-Lok’s lunch: it’s a lot more durable because it doesn’t use clutches, and you can push a TrueTrac a lot harder on the trail without any clutches stinking.

I’m surprised that two years into JL, there’s still no TrueTrac.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there are JK accessories that bolt to the tailgate hinges but these accessories aren't available for the JL, this is just out from Retrofit Offroad - adapter brackets that bolt to the JL tailgate hinges and provide a JK tailgate hinge bolt pattern so most JK accessories that bolt to the tailgate hinges can also be used on the JL...

JLTailgateAdapterBrackets_zpsjbxtur3j.jpg

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A snap on cover for rear view mirror with amber or red map lights and a USB port for power.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’d pay for a smaller key fob. Finally don’t have to stick it in the dash and they give us a brick!?!?
How about a wrap for the hard top? Any color you want....make it tan to match the tan soft top they may never ship.
I hope bartact adds more options for the JL’s or someone else learns to build a seat cover as good as theirs.
YES smaller key fob!!! Why cant a Grand Cherokee key fob work?

Squirly

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BMW 635csi 16 Fiesta St 20 Jl sport bikini pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Integrate a rain gutter drain into an A-pillar bracket. We're used to it now but we see plenty of first timers complain about it. I know the first time it happened my wife was upset.

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
A full length hard tonneau bed cover for when the rear seats are folded down (or removed) in a JLU.
The tonneau cover stretching from tailgate to the back of the front seats, adjustable to any front seat position / recline.
Such a cover will keep large valuables in the whole boot area safely locked up.
This in combination with sitting flush with rear half doors , it will be very practical and will look great like a pickup trunk.
The cover could be perhaps be type of roll up, or butterfly panels hinging halfway fwd-aft.....

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I wish the tail gate had a push pin lock so I wouldn't have to lock it with the key

*evonol*

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport