Sponsored

NEW JL Accessory Ideas for Manufacturers

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
A nav system for the 7 inch uconnect. Where I drive their are many large dead spots of no cell service. Google maps does not work in these locations.
You can download Google maps for offline use. You can even define the area, so you just download what you need.
Sponsored

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
A nav system for the 7 inch uconnect. Where I drive their are many large dead spots of no cell service. Google maps does not work in these locations.
Also in my top 5 wants

maranom232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
How about for us tall folk, a seat cover for the JL with thigh extensions built in....

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I’d pay for a smaller key fob. Finally don’t have to stick it in the dash and they give us a brick!?!?
How about a wrap for the hard top? Any color you want....make it tan to match the tan soft top they may never ship.
I hope bartact adds more options for the JL’s or someone else learns to build a seat cover as good as theirs.
+1 I'm sure someone will make one eventually. I have a friend with a TRD Pro 4Runner and he bought a color matching aftermarket keyfob. He simply took out the guts on the factory key fob and placed them in the new one.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Legally they can't make auto up windows. When they first came about some manufacturers had them on the door sills, and you pushed down on them to go up. Well some kid was standing on the sill, hanging out the window when he stepped on the button and choked himself in between the window and the surround. So auto up was banned entirely and you have to pull up on the switch for it to go up, because that's less likely to happen by mistake.
But other FCA vehicles have auto up windows. Drove one two weeks ago. My Audi and Pilot had them. They all have sensors in them that allows them to sense resistance (ie hand arm neck head) and it will reverse. Illegal?

Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
But other FCA vehicles have auto up windows. Drove one two weeks ago. My Audi and Pilot had them. They all have sensors in them that allows them to sense resistance (ie hand arm neck head) and it will reverse. Illegal?
I was pretty sure that feature was banned entirely. Might be only on brand new vehicles. Perhaps you can get around it with the sensors but on the Wrangler that just adds weight and cost. Also my Rubicon does have auto down windows, you just have to hold it for a second

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
#1: The home phone number of the person at Jeep who decided not to make the auto-down windows not auto UP too!
#2. A fix for the lack of auto down windows (that exist on other Jeep vehicles)
#3 Haynes manual competitor that releases JL manual in January of 2019 (vs Haynes which is looking like 2020)
#4 hub centric wheels other than what AEV will do.
#5 tires that actually measure the size they say they are. 35s are really 34s.
#6 a 3/4 in lift bracket for the Maximus roof rack so you can easily attach a RTT bracket.

Wait......#1 is not a thing to be made.....but....
Let me 1-up your #1 (which I totally agree with). Why not have a single toggle that puts down (or up) all 4 windows automatically?!? It's a freaking convertible! This should be standard on any vehicle where the top comes off.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
They make a bag for the windows but not for the top itself.
Soft top owners only don't get the bag to store their soft top in but Dual Top owners do? I'm not talking about the bag that stores the windows..

mat071975

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have a soft top, and hate that I cannot load large items in the trunk without having to slide myself under the rear window, or remove it to access it. Would like to see a rear gate door that includes a frame-less glass window.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a soft top, and hate that I cannot load large items in the trunk without having to slide myself under the rear window, or remove it to access it. Would like to see a rear gate door that includes a frame-less glass window.
What I always do is detach the left and right side, pull the bar out of its holders and flip the bar up on the roof. The window curls nice and gently and doesn’t bend. Only marginally more work than the hard top glass.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Soft top owners only don't get the bag to store their soft top in but Dual Top owners do? I'm not talking about the bag that stores the windows..
As far as I know, *nobody* gets a proper bag to store the soft top itself. Doesn’t exist.

Dual top owners do the soft top delivered in a box, and the top is wrapped in a vinyl and velcro wrapper *for shipping*. It’s not ideal, but it’s not too shabby for re-wrapping the top for winter storage. It has no handles, no hanging hardware, doesn’t seal up completely with zippers, and the quality of material is what not much better than you’d expect for a single-use item.
Sponsored