www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be there at 11:30am ! Looking forward to another day on the trails. Went today, and OH SNAP... No pun intended.
20230325_174414.jpg
20230325_182551.jpg

Sway Bar Delete Complete. lols

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Another guy (Bob) from NJJA is gonna wheel with us. JK 2dr Rubicon with 35s. I have to bring a sign in sheet now because I listed the outing on the forum as a members ride. You'll be my guess.
He does harder blues and blacks. I'm not looking to break anything so close to my UT trip. LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! I noticed some of you folks in here didnt vote for me in the sexiest Jeep poll 21-30 bracket. What gives?

LOL.

Last night to vote.

I am too far behind the leader, but I could get bronze. ;) LOL

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Hey! I noticed some of you folks in here didnt vote for me in the sexiest Jeep poll 21-30 bracket. What gives?

LOL.

Last night to vote.

I am too far behind the leader, but I could get bronze. ;) LOL
Voted! You're close now, hopefully a few more NJ peeps push you over the edge.

*Edit* the trailer fits perfectly where your motorhome used to be!

@DonBucket and @sherpaJL you guys had a rough day out there today!

I got nothing done today except laundry and grocery shopping. My son brought his wheels to work and mounted and balanced the new tires for the Mustang, hopefully we'll get them on tomorrow after doing the brakes. We also have to fight with one exhaust stud that snapped off at the collector while removing the hacked up H-pipe. Once we get that sorted, then we can install the new H-pipe and cat-back exhaust. Really wish I had a large 2-car garage that we could just work in without having to deal with the weather.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Voted! You're close now, hopefully a few more NJ peeps push you over the edge.

*Edit* the trailer fits perfectly where your motorhome used to be!

@DonBucket and @sherpaJL you guys had a rough day out there today!

I got nothing done today except laundry and grocery shopping. My son brought his wheels to work and mounted and balanced the new tires for the Mustang, hopefully we'll get them on tomorrow after doing the brakes. We also have to fight with one exhaust stud that snapped off at the collector while removing the hacked up H-pipe. Once we get that sorted, then we can install the new H-pipe and cat-back exhaust. Really wish I had a large 2-car garage that we could just work in without having to deal with the weather.
With the right exhaust, those 5.0 Mustangs sound very nice. Will you guys be adding strut tower braces? With that motor, I've seen twist in the trunk by the spare tire well. That is definitely an awesome project car.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
With the right exhaust, those 5.0 Mustangs sound very nice. Will you guys be adding strut tower braces? With that motor, I've seen twist in the trunk by the spare tire well. That is a awesome project car.
Thanks Zeke! I think if he can find some used ones on Marketplace or Craigslist he'll probably add the braces. It's a great idea since the 'verts are kinda flexy. We only drove it around town for about an hour the day I got the plates. The tires were bald (one actually had the steel belt protruding), the rotors were warped, and a previous owner cut the cats and resonators out and welded in some delete pipes. Sounded great, but stank like hell. :LOL: Normally, it wouldn't even bother us, but it kinda sucks with the top down and sitting in traffic. So, he picked up a used aftermarket 2 1/2" H-pipe with high-flow cats and a new 2 1/2" Flowmaster catback. Should have that classic 5.0 sound once it's back together!

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
So, what's the news on your wheeling today guys?

We actually got a lot accomplished on the Mustang today. My son took the rear drums off to check the brake shoes and wheel cylinders, and I figured since they were really rusty, I wire brushed and painted them. Did the same up front because the calipers were rusty too, and I also cleaned the dust and mud out of the wheel wells. Then we installed new bearings and Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors with pads.

I bought a stud extractor tool that was able to remove the broken stud. The grip on this thing is so serious I can't figure out how to get the broken stud out of it now :LOL:. After removal, he made a trip to get fresh hardware for that side, and hardware to connect the new muffler section to the H-pipe; Flowmaster only includes the U-clamps for the tailpipes coming into the mufflers with their kit. Ugh.

Anyway, we finally got it off the jackstands and took it out for a ride tonight. The headlights are terrible (we knew that) and the top rattles like crazy, but it's fun. And the posi works. :rock:

GRyde717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Not a “build” mod but need someone to tell me I’m not an idiot for ordering an under seat sub. I have the basic radio (yeah I’m poor and couldn’t afford the upgraded radio) and want something to round out the sound. Not looking to win contests or impress anyone. Just for me to get something a little better than 3.5”. My fear is any water at all and it will do damage but I guess any water would hurt any electrical component

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Not a “build” mod but need someone to tell me I’m not an idiot for ordering an under seat sub. I have the basic radio (yeah I’m poor and couldn’t afford the upgraded radio) and want something to round out the sound. Not looking to win contests or impress anyone. Just for me to get something a little better than 3.5”. My fear is any water at all and it will do damage but I guess any water would hurt any electrical component
I, personally, have not dealt with radio upgrades. I would believe if you seal or coat your connections, you should be fine. You could even maybe elevate it a bit off the floor with something. (ie: foam pad) 🤷‍♂️

I like to keep all max water crossings to the center of the wheel height. (hub area) LOL

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Monday, Folks.

Sunday's outing at Rausch Creek had the best outcome possible. Nothing broke and everything worked as intended.

The tires rubbed a bit with the new flexiness, I'm not too concerned. The lockers worked perfectly on the two 15amp Aux switches (switches 3 and 4) without worrying about sensor nannies. Even though, I scraped or hit on some rocks, I never got hung up because the tires were still on the ground and I drove through it. I'll have to check and note the areas that "touched".

A couple of minor things to take care of before heading out West.

Since I wont be driving her on the road much, I am gonna not worry about caster and get the front axle pinion aligned with the driveshaft.

I may swap out shocks on the 2500HD.

Thats it for now. Have a great night and thanks for stopping by.

PS. My springs are soft. I have a nice pitch to my driveway. So, no. I dont have a Carolina squatter. LOL
Zeke

IMG_2283[1].JPG

IMG_2284[1].JPG

IMG_2285[1].JPG

Last edited:

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Doors off, can't even hear the Radio at full blast.... My wife can hear anything in the house, but can't hear the radio in my jeep with the doors off.. lols.

boarder140

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Unlimited Rubicon | 2005 Lotus Elise
Sunday was a Blast! Did some trails I haven't done in a while so that was fun. Cemetery, Boot Hill, Tomb Stone, Trail 6.

Not many Pics:
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call Resized_20230326_122437

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call Resized_20230326_122437
That looks awesome! I need to get out there soon

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
I am getting new wheels and tires in the next week or so. Would anyone be interested in my old wheels and tires? Hate to just give them to the tire place as there is a little life left in them. Although I don't have the capacity to move Five 37's mounted on wheels.

Stock Rubicon JL Wheels, all 5 Scratched up pretty bad, 37" Patagonia MTs that have a little, but not much life left, I guess the tire place would have to move the TPMS to the new wheels and tires?

Or just better to let them go? Not looking for any $$$, just figured maybe a good fit for someone.
Sponsored