Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Monday Night. Jeepers.

It was a nice enough day, so I rewound my winch line. I should really do it under higher tension. I'll have to drag one of your Jeeps next time youre here. LOL

I also got the Jeep on the trailer and measured tongue weight. I was looking for 10-15% of 9400lbs. It took a few hours to get her just right. I had to move the Jeep back and forth on the trailer and lower the lunette ring. It turns out I will need to have her all the way up on the trailer. 🤷‍♂️

I have 4 tire straps with chains and 4 tie-downs to secure the body. She likes to bounce. Hopefully, I am being redundant in the tie-downs. Better safe than sorry.

I decided to install the Dana Spicer FAD delete sleeve. It will go on tomorrow.

Take a look at this thread and vote for the White Jeep. It appears its more than decals and can really wheel. LOL

(1) Sexiest Jeep Alive... Round 3 voting... #21-#30 | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Thats it.

Have a great night and thanks for stopping by.

Zeke

IMG_2239[1].JPG

IMG_2240[1].JPG

XWBE6400[1].JPG

UXDM8277[1].JPG

IMG_2238[1].JPG

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Tuesday, Jeepers.

The FAD delete sleeve is in. My Front axle is now live. I will take her out tomorrow and see how much vibration I get from the front drive shaft.

I also fixed a chip in the windshield. I tried the RainX version. Not perfect, but It didnt turn out too bad.

Friday and Saturday are supposed to have rain. I believe we will try to hit Rausch Creek on Sunday. I will let all you guys know. I'm only doing a shake down. Nothing to bad and stay at most 3 hrs. The rest of the group may do a full day.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great night.

Zeke

IMG_2245[1].JPG

IMG_2250[1].JPG

IMG_2251[1].JPG

IMG_2257[1].JPG

IMG_2258[1].JPG

IMG_2259[1].JPG

IMG_2248[1].JPG

IMG_2244[2].JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Thursday night, Jeepers.

I wired my lockers to AUX 3 and 4. It makes for a much cleaner look. Not sure if it'll all work, but we will see on Sunday. LOL

I also received my fixed mount Midland GMRS radio. It is now installed. I found a firewall cap on the brake booster side that was perfect to run the radio power line.

I cut some of the bed platform to slide the passenger seat back. I figured, when I overland, I can slip in a filler piece to support my head.

After installing the FAD delete sleeve and getting a lot of driveshaft vibration, I figured, I'd take away some caster and lengthen the front upper arms. 🤷‍♂️

I can officially say that I am done with the mechanical stuff and will move on to the preventive maintenance stuff. (Grease and change her motor oil)

Hopefully all goes well with the shakedown.

Zeke

IMG_2264[1].JPG

IMG_2265[1].JPG

IMG_2267[1].JPG

IMG_2266[1].JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Happy Thursday night, Jeepers.

I wired my lockers to AUX 3 and 4. It makes for a much cleaner look. Not sure if it'll all work, but we will see on Sunday. LOL

I also received my fixed mount Midland GMRS radio. It is now installed. I found a firewall cap on the brake booster side that was perfect to run the radio power line.

I cut some of the bed platform to slide the passenger seat back. I figured, when I overland, I can slip in a filler piece to support my head.

After installing the FAD delete sleeve and getting a lot of driveshaft vibration, I went ahead and lengthened the front upper arms.

I can officially say that I am done with the mechanical stuff and will move on to the preventive maintenance stuff. (Grease and change her motor oil)

Hopefully all goes well with the shakedown.

Zeke

Looking good man! It'll work just fine. Time to play.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Friday night, Jeepers.

It was a bit cooler today, but the sun came out after a wet morning. I had plans to help a forum member with some axle work, but there was a scheduling conflict.

I was able to test my locker wiring. The front worked as it should, but there was an issue with the rear. I worked it out. FYI. Two wires should remain two wires. LOL

I changed the motor oil and greased all the greaseable areas. I swapped out the Fumoto drain valve for a lower profile one. The Fumoto is up for grabs. Gratis to the first person.

Tomorrow, I will go through the trailer and tow vehicle.

Zeke

IMG_2269[1].JPG

IMG_2271[1].JPG

IMG_2273[1].JPG

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Zeke said:
Happy Friday night, Jeepers.

It was a bit cooler today, but the sun came out after a wet morning. I had plans to help a forum member with some axle work, but there was a scheduling conflict.

I was able to test my locker wiring. The front worked as it should, but there was an issue with the rear. I worked it out. FYI. Two wires should remain two wires. LOL

I changed the motor oil and greased all the greaseable areas. I swapped out the Fumoto drain valve for a lower profile one. The Fumoto is up for grabs. Gratis to the first person.

Tomorrow, I will go through the trailer and tow vehicle.

I'll take the Fumoto if no one has scooped it yet!

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
It's yours! LOL
Woohoo! I'll figure out when to get it from you...gotta help my son get the new exhaust and front brakes on the Mustang this weekend if Mother Nature cooperates. I can wait until after you return from your Western voyage since both Jeeps have relatively fresh oil changes. Hmmm, which one should I put it on?

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Woohoo! I'll figure out when to get it from you...gotta help my son get the new exhaust and front brakes on the Mustang this weekend if Mother Nature cooperates. I can wait until after you return from your Western voyage since both Jeeps have relatively fresh oil changes. Hmmm, which one should I put it on?
It came off a 3.6L ; if that matters.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
It came off a 3.6L ; if that matters.
I just checked their website and they list the F106 valve for the 2.0 and 3.6, so I can use it on either one. Probably put it on my wife's first since that one never goes offroad.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Saturday, Jeep Peeps.

Spent the day greasing and torquing the trailer and Chevy.

I loaded Lila (thats what I named my Jeep. After the white Maltese dog in the Bluey cartoon) on the trailer. I strapped her down in various configurations and settle on the best one after driving her for about 10 miles. My 2500 seemed to have handled all the weight fine.

Our new meet-up time is 11:30a at the Rausch Creek staging area. You could bring a snack, but I am only gonna stay up there for a few hours. Just enough time to flex her out a bit and see how the trailer handles. NJJA will be up there running "blues". They usually meet at 8:45 and stay until 4p.

PS. I will most likely shorten the lower control arms a bit to scrub caster for better front pinion angle.

Zeke

IMG_2276[1].JPG

IMG_2278[1].JPG

Last edited:

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Our new meet-up time is 11:30a at the Rausch Creek staging area. You could bring a snack, but I am only gonna stay up there for a few hours. Just enough time to flex her out a bit and see how the trailer handles. NJJA will be up there running "blues". They usually meet at 8:45 and stay until 4p.
I'll be there at 11:30am ! Looking forward to another day on the trails. Went today, and OH SNAP... No pun intended.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 20230325_174414
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 20230325_182551

Sway Bar Delete Complete. lols

Looking forward to tomorrow.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be there at 11:30am ! Looking forward to another day on the trails. Went today, and OH SNAP... No pun intended.

Sway Bar Delete Complete. lols

Looking forward to tomorrow.
Could it have inverted? I've only heard of that happening on the front sway bar if the links are too short. 🤷‍♂️

I think, I may go ahead and just unbolt mine when in UT. LOL
Sponsored