Sponsored

New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
To be honest. I should have stayed with 37s. My Jeep was tuned perfectly. I am now chasing the rabbit to make 39s work.
Words of Wisdom. Thank You. After my FAD Failing this past weekend, Drive shaft last month, I am thinking 37 is it.
upgrade, cut, weld, break, weld, upgrade, spend $$$, redo upgrades, jack stands, cut, weld, wait for UPS, wrong parts, cut, weld, wait for Fedex, damaged parts, fight with vendor, cut, weld, jack stands, buy more tools, dispute charges on CC, cut, weld, smash finger, drill out broken bolts, cut, weld, grind, spray paint, order more parts, cut, weld, cut hole through firewall, run wires, jack stands, 35s. 37s, 39s, wheels, beadlocks, hammer on pinch seam, weld, grind, paint...
rofl_zps8b6a7444.gif

are we having fun yet?
this thread gives me flashbacks, not good ones
bungi_zps7b8f9c9b.gif
Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Taco Tuesday, Folks!

I continued with the long arm install. Did not get too far into it as the kiddo stayed home again today.

I'm sure, I can leave a trace of the old brackets, but my OCD is getting the best of me, and I am trying to make it as cleans as possible.

The air hammer chisel came out. I may need to upgrade mine. LOL

The Fusion axle arrived today. It still had the fresh paint smell. I had to disassemble the crate as it was way too heavy for me to even lift one end onto my dollies. (The freight guy had a pallet jack and could have just place the whole crate in my garage if my garage wasnt so small and full of crap. LOL)

I will continue documenting my LA install. The rear axle will have to wait.

Have a great night and thanks for stopping by.

Zeke.

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

I continued with the long arm install. Did not get too far into it as the kiddo stayed home again today.

I'm sure, I can leave a trace of the old brackets, but my OCD is getting the best of me, and I am trying to make it as cleans as possible.

The Fusion axle arrived today. It still had the fresh paint smell. I had to disassemble the crate as it was way too heavy for me to even lift one end onto my dollies. (The freight guy had a pallet jack and could have just place the whole crate in my garage if my garage wasnt so small and full of crap. LOL)

Zeke.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_2045.JPG

giphy.gif

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door

Zeke.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call giphy

AWESOME!

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Hump Day Wednesday!

I grinded as much as I could and got the frame clean where the OEM lower control arm bracket was. The new upper control arm bracket will be mounted there. I drilled the necessary holes, and it looks like the kit is beefy enough that I wont need to add some welds. ( I may still do though)

No pics for today, but I will most likely measure the front control arms and have the driver's side on by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great night.

Zeke.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Steve,
What was the final diagnosis on your front axle?
FAD Failed, Opened up, Broken plastic pieces, Ordering RCV Joints with FAD I believe. Just want to pull the front diff cover 1st and investigate a little more before dropping $1500

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Thursday night, Folks

I took care of some leaves and decided to look for some catalytic converter theft deterrent kits for the 2500HD. I'm gonna make something on my own with high temp fluorescent paint, winch cable and some clamps. I will probably etch the License Plate on it too.

I installed the driver's front control arms. They look nice and beefy. Probably doesnt need it, but I may weld a bead on the MetalCloak brackets.

Not sure if the CavFab rock sliders will fit. Most likely I will need to mod that too. BTW, no updates on delivery on them.

Just for reference, the new LCA rear bolt is now just below the second door hinge bolt.

Zeke

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_2051.JPG

Last edited:

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
FAD Failed, Opened up, Broken plastic pieces, Ordering RCV Joints with FAD I believe. Just want to pull the front diff cover 1st and investigate a little more before dropping $1500
Today was investigation day... And the lower Passenger Ball Joint Failed... Most like the cause of the FAD not being able to engage.

Here's some video proof:

And then removing the bolt that holds the rotors on... the torx bit broke off into the screw.... And I can not get it out..
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call image29339

Any Ideas?

Sponsored

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Today was investigation day... And the lower Passenger Ball Joint Failed... Most like the cause of the FAD not being able to engage.

Here's some video proof:

And then removing the bolt that holds the rotors on... the torx bit broke off into the screw.... And I can not get it out..

Any Ideas?
Also trying to determine what to replace the ball joints with

Synergy HD

or

Ball Joint Delete

Also not sure if I need Knurled or not... :) Yikes

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Also trying to determine what to replace the ball joints with

Synergy HD

or

Ball Joint Delete

Also not sure if I need Knurled or not... :) Yikes
You do not need the knurled. They a ribbed version for those folks that have been replacing their BJ frequently and the hole is now wallowed a bit. You will be fine without.

I never looked at the deletes. I bought the rebuildable Dynatrac ones. They get replaced off a cap on the top of the BJ housing , so no need to press them in and out.

Will you be doing knuckles, axle shafts and wheel assembly while you have it all apart. I know you were considering RCVs, but they make chromoly front axles too.

I got a ton of sheeit to do, but let me know if you need help with your swaps.

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
You do not need the knurled. They a ribbed version for those folks that have been replacing their BJ frequently and the hole is now wallowed a bit. You will be fine without.

I never looked at the deletes. I bought the rebuildable Dynatrac ones. They get replaced off a cap on the top of the BJ housing , so no need to press them in and out.

Will you be doing knuckles, axle shafts and wheel assembly while you have it all apart. I know you were considering RCVs, but they make chromoly front axles too.

I got a ton of sheeit to do, but let me know if you need help with your swaps.
Thanks @19 JLUR Bright Whit3

I am thinking the deletes... they are also re-buildable, and stronger... Your are right... Time to start shopping.. I should get the knuckles, assemble etc...

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

Any Ideas?
Ugh! At this point, I'd treat it just like a screw with a ruined head, and get a screw-extractor/EZ Out. That should get the job done, but what a PITA to have happen in the middle of trying to fix something else.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh! At this point, I'd treat it just like a screw with a ruined head, and get a screw-extractor/EZ Out. That should get the job done, but what a PITA to have happen in the middle of trying to fix something else.
The options were to weld a nut to it and extract or cut a slit across it and try to use a flat head screwdriver. I hope he was able to remove it. Drilling out the head is only possible with high end metal drill bits.
Sponsored