Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Monday Night, Folks.

I got her all back together and took her for a ride. First thing, I had to center the steering wheel. Secondly, there was a drip at one end of the cooler. I backed off a few threads and then retighten. Lastly, I'm probably one of a few that dont mind the auto start/stop and at a stop, there is no power steering. Not a big deal since that feature is turned off when wheeling. Overall, I am happy with my mod and look forward to adding the cylinder assist ram. (this weekend)

Tomorrow I will work on the crossbar and mount one of those 39s on a Hutchinson. I only have 3ins of space to spare before hitting the top of my garage door 😅 or she'll need to be parked outside. 😲 That means I'll need to cut a tree, get some gravel and park her in the back yard.

My wallet is not liking that Harbor Freight opened a store down the road in Monmouth Junction. I spent another Benjamin there today getting welding wire for my MIG and some misc. last minute Black Friday deals. I was looking at their TIG welders. I'm thinking, I want to learn to TIG weld too. LOL

Anyways. Thanks for stopping by and have a great night.

Zeke.

As you can see, I'm rocking my buddy's JL as my profile pic again. Sad, but he's back in the hospital. Prayers to him. 🙏

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Looks great Zeke! Wish I was closer, I love working on these kind of projects. We're very much a DIY family here as well.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Taco Tuesday!

I got nothing done! None of my drill bits were worthy of drilling through the door pinch seam. I have some $$$$ cobalt bits and they still did not drill through. I dont understand. :mad: I called Rockhard. They will overnight a bit to me.

I looked at a trailer today. Here is my proposition for the folks thinking about going out to UT in April '23. I or we can take turns dragging a car trailer out there. If for some reason, one of us needs a trailer to get back home, all we'll need is to rent an one way 1 ton to pull it home.

I didnt get a chance to mount a tire. I will try tomorrow. I am thinking I will skip the TPMS and kill the sensors with the Tazer Mini.

Hoping you guys had a great Tuesday. Thanks for stopping by.

Zeke

Last edited:
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I should have used you as a referral.
I just received a detailed quote from Globex for a Metalcloak 2.5 Gamechanger lift kit install, shocks, and front driveshaft. (on a virgin '22 JLUR with 1600 miles)
Labor cost = $1570!! add sales tax on top of that = $1674 (and that's with a Military Discount)
That's more that half of what I paid for the kit.

ummmmm, No Thanks..

:giggle:

:LOL:

:CWL:
You have the kit already? Bring your Jeep by. I can get her done in a weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
get yourself a drill doctor. i use mine all the time.

08931009.jpg
OK. Added to my AMZ cart. Just need to wait until my "points" kick in on the 7th. LOL

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Hump Day!
Pouring rain all day. I went out and fixed the proximity sensor lights. Kinda nervous that I have over $3k in tires out in my back yard. 😅

Didnt wrench at all today. I cleaned up the garage for a solid hour.

I welded up a Hydro assist bracket, but I'm not liking how it turned out. I'm thnking the ram needs to be a bit higher and more in the center. I wished I had a sample to copy from. I've been looking online for inspiration. I will have the ram on this weekend. I would like to take her out and flex her afterwards. Maybe take a ride to the "Pines"

I rolled one of the KM3s in to see what I'm dealing with. I may still be able to park her in the garage.
:clap:

The question now is if the local tire shop can spin a 39. I would rather throw in some balance beads and call it a day. I just dont want issues with airing down/up with beads.

This tire/wheel combo is gonna be heavy. My guess will be 100# per. I'll get them on a scale once I mount one.

I'm hoping everyone is enjoy their Wednesday night. Thanks for stopping by.

PS. I'm thinking she's gonna be a trailer queen. No TPMSs, no need to balance, and the tires are $$$$ to waste on the paved road. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_1855.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Thursday!

I did nothing with the Jeep today. Hard to believe you guys did nothing too. ;)

My 5 point harness arrived today along with the Jeep Sleep mattress. (I plan to sleep in my Jeep for April's '23 trip to UT) I'm still waiting for RockHard to send their "special" drill bit though.

I looked at Next Venture's hydro assist ram bracket and will try to duplicate it.

It was a dry day, so I vacuumed all the leaves up front and set them out on the curb.

The kiddo's results were posted on his assessment. Mind you, he just started 1st grade and tested higher than 70% of the 2nd graders.

After talking to the counselor, the booger is immature and lacks social skills (proof he is mine. LOL) so they will not be moving him to the 2 grade for the remainder of the year. Darn. I was hoping to get out of NJ a year earlier. LOL

Tomorrow, I will vacuum the leaves in the back and maybe if motivated enough, mount one of the KM3s on a rim.

Have a great night and thanks for stopping by.

Zeke

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Damn those KM3's look good. 🍻

I'm not adventurous enough to tackle hydro assist steering, but I absolutely envy the advantage on harder trails. Maybe even just driving down the highway with ease.

Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I should have used you as a referral.
I just received a detailed quote from Globex for a Metalcloak 2.5 Gamechanger lift kit install, shocks, and front driveshaft. (on a virgin '22 JLUR with 1600 miles)
Labor cost = $1570!! add sales tax on top of that = $1674 (and that's with a Military Discount)
That's more that half of what I paid for the kit.

ummmmm, No Thanks..

:giggle:

:LOL:

:CWL:
Standard "fair" practice for labor will be between 2x to 3x the cost for the parts. i.e.: $100 part will be $200-$300 to install. Shops will charge more though.

When you get your kit, let me know. I can help you install or do it for you.