New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Welcome.

Awesome.

No worries. I would like everyone to post on this thread. Some things may not be useful to all, but may be useful to some.

As far as Trailfest this year, I was planning to go up with LIOR, but it will be the weekend I get back from vacation. I'm probably gonna skip this year. :(

Zeke
Sorry we won't get to meet up but I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point. My club has an event or 2 every month with several at RC and AOAA (rest out in in NY, VT, VA etc etc).

Thanks again for putting this thread on!
Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry we won't get to meet up but I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point. My club has an event or 2 every month with several at RC and AOAA (rest out in in NY, VT, VA etc etc).

Thanks again for putting this thread on!
There are guys/gals in North Jersey that would love to hear about the club you joined and the reasoning behind it. I definitely would like to know when and where you wheel as NJJA and LIOR are also part of NOVA.

Currently I am having issues with my front axle and the spare tire carrier, but I will be looking to head out in Sept.

Trailfest is the big event for NOVA. There will be different levels represented. I believe LIOR will actually have 2 led green trail rides and 2 green/blue led rides along with 1 black and 1 black red.

I'm limiting myself at only wheeling at RC and AOAA until I can make my Jeep into a trailer queen. Then, I will venture further out without worrying about getting home.

I need a North Rep and a South Rep. LOL

Zeke

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
There are guys/gals in North Jersey that would love to hear about the club you joined and the reasoning behind it. I definitely would like to know when and where you wheel as NJJA and LIOR are also part of NOVA.

Currently I am having issues with my front axle and the spare tire carrier, but I will be looking to head out in Sept.

Trailfest is the big event for NOVA. There will be different levels represented. I believe LIOR will actually have 2 led green trail rides and 2 green/blue led rides along with 1 black and 1 black red.

I'm limiting myself at only wheeling at RC and AOAA until I can make my Jeep into a trailer queen. Then, I will venture further out without worrying about getting home.

I need a North Rep and a South Rep. LOL

Zeke
The club is called NORA Adventure club: https://www.noraadventureclub.org.

Its a spinoff North East Offroad adventures training center. When I first got the jeep, I took a couple of classes to get comfortable with the clutch under more difficult terrain. The club itself is managed by a good group of enthusiasts who like to wheel. Having taken a course in offroading is a prerequisite so the club doesn't get a completely green person on the trails.

TBH however, I think you are more advanced then most in the club doing blacks and up.

As I am more into exploring rather then rockcrawling, I appreciated the clubs diversity in events, ie expanding to Vermont, Virginia etc. to check out different parks and areas. The most I'll do are blues so I'm more confident my Jeep will make it home :)

Thanks for letting me know how LIOR is doing the rides. I will have the ground clearance with the lift and tires for Trailfest, but the armor won't arrive on time and don't want to peel back one of the stock diff covers etc lol.

Never done the blues at AOAA so if they tell me there is a convoy that will do greens with easy blues, i'll do that otherwise i'll pansy out and just stick to a green ride for the first post lift shakedown until i get the diff armor covers etc on.

Thanks!

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
FYI. The "Blues" are tight for an Unlimited Jeep. I left a driver's side mirror and smashed my hard top on a "simple" blue last February.

Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
FYI. The "Blues" are tight for an Unlimited Jeep. I left a driver's side mirror and smashed my hard top on a "simple" blue last February.
Oh man, thanks for the insight!

Have no issue with pinstripes or bashed armor (got that already) but if it's tight enough to loose mirrors etc, I'll stick to greens this round hah.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Jeep Creeps.

Friday eve.

I have only a few OEM take offs left in my garage. I hate to throw them on the curb. Free pickup.
Rear Dana 44 axle shafts and the outers from the front Dana 44 axle shafts. The rears were removed before seeing any offroading and the fronts just a few months ago. I sent the inner and fad sleeve to a forum member already. FREE! This stuff is over $500 if you can get it when you need it. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_1433.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_1432.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_1434.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_1437.JPG

FYI. The Poison Spyder tire carrier did not have the bearing races pressed into the bracket. Hence, the improper fit. A few back-and-forth emails. I am still awaiting their decision to send me new bearings, races and seals. I'm already disappointed because it took a week for them to get back to me.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great night.

Zeke

Last edited:
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Friday!

Another hot day. The AC went out last night. "Worked" my magic and with help from more knowledgeable folks, I was able to repair it with a $15 capacitor. I'm sure a service call would have been in the $250-$300 range.

Poison Spyder was nice enough to contact me for an address and phone#. Very promising. I already ordered the races, bearings and seals off AZN though.

I took everything off and hung my license plate on so I can drive her again. Its been over a week! Argh.

I hope you all are having a great night.

RSVP by PM'n me for the 1st annual JLWF NJ Roll Call get together.

Thanks for stopping by.

Zeke

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1659735150129

Last edited:
OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Saturday Night!

I did nothing but run some errands with the Jeep. She is running nicely except after rotating the spare into the tire rotation, Im getting a shimmy out front. I ordered some CounterAct balance beads. I will pull the stickon weights and dump about 15oz in. Hopefully that will fix it.

My spare tire carrier parts will be in next week.

Have a great night.

Zeke

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1659838677690

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Not much going on here...my wife was off for the last two weeks, so we did a bunch of Jeep driving. Earlier this week we took mine for a getaway up to Rhode Island and Mystic CT. With the backseat folded up it was like a sports car with a big trunk; we had enough room for the beach chairs and luggage. Got about 24-25 mpg after refilling and calculating the miles driven. I've got about 15K miles on my Rubi parts swap; it rides well, but there's definitely some bump steer - I95 through NY and CT is trash with potholes and construction all over the place. I still have to swap the longer LCAs that I got from Zeke onto mine to see if the extra caster will help some of the twitchiness at highway speeds.

We also took my wife's JLU down the shore last Friday to Belmar and the Friday before to Long Branch. Hers has about 33K miles on it, still completely stock. My son and I are trying to convince her to let us swap in some Rubicon springs and shocks along along with 33's when the tires need to be replaced :fingerscrossed:, hopefully before winter.

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Happy Saturday Night!

I did nothing but run some errands with the Jeep. She is running nicely except after rotating the spare into the tire rotation, Im getting a shimmy out front. I ordered some CounterAct balance beads. I will pull the stickon weights and dump about 15oz in. Hopefully that will fix it.

My spare tire carrier parts will be in next week.

Have a great night.

Zeke

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call 1659838677690
All my Shimmies started with a tire rotation as well... :(

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
All my Shimmies started with a tire rotation as well... :(
I balanced my heavy 37s the old fashioned way with taped on weights. The tire shops will tell you, they had a hard time balancing one and mark it as the spare. Wheeling will also knock weights off too.

I researched balance beads and was going to go that route on my next set of tires and beadlock rims. This way, I can do it all at home.

I knew it was the spare that caused the shimmy because it only occurs at speeds of 60 and 65. I ordered the ones you can fill through the valve stem.

GRyde717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Zeke I love that we all apologize for posting but I’ll do it too. Sorry to jump in.

few mods already but recent “fun one”

I upgraded from halogen to LED headlights. Went with Oracle 7” lights not just for price but didn’t want a halo and that limited my options. 7” mounting bracket does what it says. It helps mount but left an inch gap between the grill and light. Quick trip (or two) to Lowes for longer bolts and spacers to push it out into the grill area and looks perfect. You wouldn’t know it’s a different size.

now a “dumb” question. I have the Dynatrac 2” lift with 33’s and love it but thinking I’ll be going to 35’s by next summer. With a steel bumper and a few added skid plates I’ve lost some height. Is it bad/strange to add a .5 or .75 spacer lift to the Dynatrac I already have to get me back some of what I lost with the weight? I know I would be fine without it but a little height and room for flex is what I don’t want to totally lose when off road.

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Zeke I love that we all apologize for posting but I’ll do it too. Sorry to jump in.

few mods already but recent “fun one”

I upgraded from halogen to LED headlights. Went with Oracle 7” lights not just for price but didn’t want a halo and that limited my options. 7” mounting bracket does what it says. It helps mount but left an inch gap between the grill and light. Quick trip (or two) to Lowes for longer bolts and spacers to push it out into the grill area and looks perfect. You wouldn’t know it’s a different size.

now a “dumb” question. I have the Dynatrac 2” lift with 33’s and love it but thinking I’ll be going to 35’s by next summer. With a steel bumper and a few added skid plates I’ve lost some height. Is it bad/strange to add a .5 or .75 spacer lift to the Dynatrac I already have to get me back some of what I lost with the weight? I know I would be fine without it but a little height and room for flex is what I don’t want to totally lose when off road.
Are you okay with turning a wrench? With every tweak to the height, you'll need to adjust other components to get her running down the road straight.

I'll admit, I am getting tired of making adjustments and learned to live with some of the minor inconveniences. I am hoping to make mine into a trailer queen and not worry about it so much. Just need to find that perfect 2500 at a great deal. LOL
Sponsored