www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
It does look like fun, I've never done it though. My only gripe is that it seems a bit pricey - the 101 Course through Off-Road Consulting is half the price and you will learn a LOT. The instructors are very knowledgeable and thorough.
NJJA puts on 101, trail guide and 201 recovery classes once a year for members. Classes are usually held on the weekends in Central NJ. Membership is $40/year. LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Morning, Tri States Jeepers!

Its been a minute since posting.

No Jeep news. The weather was great all of last week, so I drove Lila around locally.

The house renov. is getting there, but a lot of work still. 95% of the main flooring is done.

I located and uncovered one of the septic tanks (yes, there's two. I havent even tried to find the other one yet) Going to put a riser on the cleanouts and add an effluent filter. Fun Fun Fun.

Since I had the power washer out to clean off the septic, I hit the front pathway slabs too. My washer is 1500psi. It did the job, but I'm eyeing a Greenworks 2100K one on sale at Lowes for $149 (was $249) for when I hit the house before painting.

Thats all. Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday.

Zeke
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_3983[1].JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jersey and the Tri States Roll Call IMG_3995[1].JPG

will07076

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7, 2010 Wrangler, 2018 Wrangler JKU
Hello - My new '24 Wrangler will be here in 1.5 months. Already bought Rubi take off's and will want a lift to get the look of the Rubicon. I have read alot about people buying Rubi take off suspension, but I am just not mechanically inclined like that. So I am looking for a recomendation on a shop that deals with Jeeps & Lifts regularlly. I live in Union County but don't mind traveling a little in the state to find the right place. Any good shop recommendations?

Thanks

OP
OP
19 JLUR Bright Whit3

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Hello - My new '24 Wrangler will be here in 1.5 months. Already bought Rubi take off's and will want a lift to get the look of the Rubicon. I have read alot about people buying Rubi take off suspension, but I am just not mechanically inclined like that. So I am looking for a recomendation on a shop that deals with Jeeps & Lifts regularlly. I live in Union County but don't mind traveling a little in the state to find the right place. Any good shop recommendations?

Thanks
Hey Will.
When you get your Jeep, I would suggest joining a local Jeep club. (not a FB club) North Jersey Jeep Club and New Jersey Jeep Association have members that own shops. Most members use and trust them. Did you get the longer front lower control arms with the Rubi takeoffs? It will help caster and handling of your Jeep. My $.02

Last edited:

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

Thanks
My son and I installed Rubi takeoffs on my JL and my wife's JLU, but I understand not everyone wants to do their own work. What Wrangler did you get? 4 door or 2 door? Which engine - 3.6 or 2.0? What part number Rubi springs did you get?

Hey Will.
When you get your Jeep, I would suggest joining a local Jeep club. (not a FB club) North Jersey Jeep Club and New Jersey Jeep Association have members that own shops. Most members use and trust them. Did you get the longer front longer control arms with the Rubi takeoffs? It will help camber and handling of your Jeep. My $.02
The members in these clubs have shops with good reviews for Jeep owners that need work done. And I agree with @19 JLUR Bright Whit3 on the LCAs, especially if you bought a 2-door. Mine steers so much better at highway speeds since I installed his leftover arms. :LOL:

Sponsored

will07076

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Will.
When you get your Jeep, I would suggest joining a local Jeep club. (not a FB club) North Jersey Jeep Club and New Jersey Jeep Association have members that own shops. Most members use and trust them. Did you get the longer front lower control arms with the Rubi takeoffs? It will help caster and handling of your Jeep. My $.02
Sorry, I should of been specific, I got Rubi take off Tires. I have yet to find/purchase the Suspension. I see a local guy selling a set of springs,shocks,and the rest of the suspension from his Rubicon 392. Just not sure if tha will give me a bigger look than I am looking for

will07076

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My son and I installed Rubi takeoffs on my JL and my wife's JLU, but I understand not everyone wants to do their own work. What Wrangler did you get? 4 door or 2 door? Which engine - 3.6 or 2.0? What part number Rubi springs did you get?

The members in these clubs have shops with good reviews for Jeep owners that need work done. And I agree with @19 JLUR Bright Whit3 on the LCAs, especially if you bought a 2-door. Mine steers so much better at highway speeds since I installed his leftover arms. :LOL:
I got the 4 door Sahara, with the 2.0l Engine. Have not got the springs/shocks yet, still searching online. I only found out in the last 2 days from reading the forum that there are different springs depending on the orig equipment the Rubicon was fitted with (steel bumber, diesel engine etc) so I need to decide what I am looking for
Sponsored