New jeeper looking for advice

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Hey y’all! So I just got a 20 JLU and I’m looking for some info on a lift. This is my first jeep and don’t have much experience with them. I think I’ve narrowed it down to a rock krawler X factor lift but unsure if to go with the 2.5 or 3.5 lift. I don’t think I want to go bigger than 35” tires and am planning on adding front and rear steel bumpers, winch, swing out spare tire carrier and a roof rack with roof top tent to do some over landing trips that will also include gear, tools, refrigerators etc etc. Having all that extra weight will a 2.5 lift be enough to keep me from bottoming out and will the X factor springs be sufficient? Or will I most definitely need a 3.5 or higher lift. Any info/advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey y’all! So I just got a 20 JLU and I’m looking for some info on a lift. This is my first jeep and don’t have much experience with them. I think I’ve narrowed it down to a rock krawler X factor lift but unsure if to go with the 2.5 or 3.5 lift. I don’t think I want to go bigger than 35” tires and am planning on adding front and rear steel bumpers, winch, swing out spare tire carrier and a roof rack with roof top tent to do some over landing trips that will also include gear, tools, refrigerators etc etc. Having all that extra weight will a 2.5 lift be enough to keep me from bottoming out and will the X factor springs be sufficient? Or will I most definitely need a 3.5 or higher lift. Any info/advice is greatly appreciated.
I have just about everything you listed except for the RTT and overlanding gear except I'm running the 3.5" x-factor with 37s. I do get into the rear fender liners at full flex but I'm planning on going to high clearance liners soon. I do have a Rubicon so my front fenders have more clearance to begin with. If you think you might ever go with 37s (you will) I'd get the 3.5". Also check out RKs install instructions recommending minimum backspacing for wheels. Let me know if you have any other questions, the RK stuff is amazing.

OP
OP
DK21

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I have just about everything you listed except for the RTT and overlanding gear except I'm running the 3.5" x-factor with 37s. I do get into the rear fender liners at full flex but I'm planning on going to high clearance liners soon. I do have a Rubicon so my front fenders have more clearance to begin with. If you think you might ever go with 37s (you will) I'd get the 3.5". Also check out RKs install instructions recommending minimum backspacing for wheels. Let me know if you have any other questions, the RK stuff is amazing.
Thanks for the response! I’m really leaning towards the 3.5 (I know I’d probably want 37’s in the future lol) I just wasnt sure if it would be necessary seeing I’d be loading all that weight. 3.5 will most likely be the route I’ll take. Are you running the RK shocks or did you go with a different option? How’s the ride?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks for the response! I’m really leaning towards the 3.5 (I know I’d probably want 37’s in the future lol) I just wasnt sure if it would be necessary seeing I’d be loading all that weight. 3.5 will most likely be the route I’ll take. Are you running the RK shocks or did you go with a different option? How’s the ride?
I'm running the 2.25 RRD shocks. The ride is awesome.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Im also on 3.5” rk X factor, as @word302 stated this is an awesome lift, you definitely won’t be disappointed. I would recommend going with 3.5” especially carrying the things you mentioned. What part of Florida?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DK21

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Im also on 3.5” rk X factor, as @word302 stated this is an awesome lift, you definitely won’t be disappointed. I would recommend going with 3.5” especially carrying the things you mentioned. What part of Florida?
Awesome! Thanks for the insight. I’m down in South FL. Not much over landing can be done down here so I’ll be traveling a lot with the wife. Smooth ride, off road capable and reliability is what we’re looking for seeing we’ll be driving a lot.

OP
OP
DK21

DK21

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Anyone running the RK 3.5” X factor lift on a non-rubicon? Any sport owners out there running this with all the above mentioned mods?
Sponsored