New Jeeper in San Francisco

98DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler sport 2 door
Hey y'all I'm really new to the whole jeep thing and just started working on mine i wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations near to try out my jeep and see how she holds up I want to build it up and really get out there but I want to take it for a test ride on some small off roading before I buy up and head out to the big trails in California.

also if you have any recommendations for brands look at for jeep parts that would be appreciated cause I don't really know where to start.

thanks all.
Sponsored

jtjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hey y'all I'm really new to the whole jeep thing and just started working on mine i wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations near to try out my jeep and see how she holds up I want to build it up and really get out there but I want to take it for a test ride on some small off roading before I buy up and head out to the big trails in California.

also if you have any recommendations for brands look at for jeep parts that would be appreciated cause I don't really know where to start.

thanks all.
lots of info on the forum as to parts. Workout how you are going to use it before you start modding. Also.... I hope you are able to garage you jeep, as SF is a hell hole for parts theft (just moved out of the city myself).

As to trail rides, if you have a fb, check out the SF bay area jeep association (https://www.facebook.com/groups/JeepinSF). It is a pretty active group and a good place for a beginner vs other more hardcore groups.

Holister SVRA is a good starting point. Once the snow melts, head up highway four and check out - sour grass, corral hollow, Slick rock (harder), Deer valley (harder). Would advise you not to run latter 2 alone. Tons of weekend trips from that FB group up there so you will have many to learn from.
Sponsored