Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We've just snagged our most revealing look yet of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler's LED light strip and headlights, showing for the first time the brightly lit lighting elements shining through the camouflage.

This new face of the JL Wrangler still retains the iconic round headlights, adding the new LED element clearly seen tucked inside the round headlight clusters. Also new are two bright LED strips placed at the leading edge of the front wheel arches. Combined, the frontal lighting elements provide the new front fascia calling card for the next-generation Wrangler which will make the vehicle instantly recognizable from all previous generation Wranglers.

This comes just a week after Jeep showed new LED headlights that will make its way into the final model year production run of the current-bodied JK Wranglers.

2018 Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights-1.jpg

2018 Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights-2.jpg
2018 Jeep Wrangler LED Headlight Up Close.jpg
Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Sweet! Looks like the surrounding rings are lit too?

Biker Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Monster
Should make for a more modern look, for good or bad. This will also make front fender replacement more involved and expensive I bet.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Should make for a more modern look, for good or bad. This will also make front fender replacement more involved and expensive I bet.
Shouldn't add much complexity or cost. They'll most likely have a simple connector, and LEDs are cheap to buy OE for the aftermarket fender people. I don't care for the look, but perhaps a slight configuration change on high clearance fenders will work for me. Ooh, maybe 3-4 rows horizontally for "off-road use", where only a single row is used for DRLs...

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I like it. Especially if they can incorporate large distinctive corona Rings / angel eyes around the main headlamps, paired with the fender strips, this will be a wholly distinctive & modern look. I may be a bit biased for DRL angel eyes, coming from a BMW 750li

Last edited:

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
I like it. Especially if they can incorporate large distinctive corona Rings / angel eyes around the main headlamps, paired with the fender strips, this will be a wholly distinctive & modern look. I may be a bit biased for DRL angel eyes, coming from a BMW 750li
Ya I was gonna say that might look a lot like a BMW's corona rings, but actually BMW has moved away from the circular corona rings and has more angular rings now. Angular rings would look odd on the Wrangler so I think these round ones will look cool.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Do you think the ones coming for the JK will be these new spied lights exactly, with halo rings and all?
I'd bet it is. No real reason for them to use completely different lights just for one model year of the JK and then other ones for the JL.

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
Is this a sway bar sticking out underneath the car? Maybe it's just the angle but that seems like it hangs pretty low and might compromise ground clearance?

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler's LED Strip and Headlights Brightly Lit and Exposed {filename}

Sponsored

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
Any guesses how/what the DRL will be implemented? Can't tell from the pics

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not loving the lights in the fenders but I guess new fenders with smaller lights on them can fix that pretty easy. I do love that LED headlights are finally coming though as my current JKU's lights are terrible.

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
I'm not loving the lights in the fenders but I guess new fenders with smaller lights on them can fix that pretty easy. I do love that LED headlights are finally coming though as my current JKU's lights are terrible.
Yea it's really a shift back to the older Wrangler's with the front turn signals pushed back onto the fenders. Now with the DRL's I was hoping for something more subtle with the placement just a thin strip right where the fender meets the front bumper but based on the OP's photos it's clear they decided to mount it higher and be a prominent feature of the front end.

With the brightness of the LED's and the very wide fenders something like this would be good:

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler's LED Strip and Headlights Brightly Lit and Exposed {filename}

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Those are actually kinda cool. Not totally cool, just kinda...

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Yea it's really a shift back to the older Wrangler's with the front turn signals pushed back onto the fenders. Now with the DRL's I was hoping for something more subtle with the placement just a thin strip right where the fender meets the front bumper but based on the OP's photos it's clear they decided to mount it higher and be a prominent feature of the front end.

With the brightness of the LED's and the very wide fenders something like this would be good:

The ones on the prototype look only slightly higher than these. All the better since it'll be even more visible in car's rear views.

The JL front end with the LED light strips in the front part of the fenders and LED headlights will look good amount more modern than the JK.
Sponsored