Sponsored

New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma.

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
My 2 cents worth ...
Wrapping is becoming more and more popular.
You can wrap a white Jeep black (or any other color for that matter), but you can't wrap a black Jeep white unless you use a very thick vinyl which difficult to get back off.
Really? The black shows through it but it might be a cooler look. White with a undertone of black could be a awesome look. I'd call her Smokey!
Sponsored

Last edited:

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading this thread.

I have a black Jeep... I live off a gravel road. I've washed it once or twice in the last year. Does it look bad? Nah; looks used for its intended purpose. Don't you get a free pass to not have to clean off-road vehicles? Here's another perspective for you; people give obviously dirty vehicles a wider berth, so... Maybe fewer door dings in parking lots?

I'd prefer nearly any other color in the Jeep arsenal to white. I just can't disassociate white Jeeps with Daisy Duke; and since I look terrible in shorty denim cutoffs; white is a non starter for me.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Many Jeepers are proud to show flaws. It's a sign of maturity and bravery. Skilled warriors like Crazy Horse or Otto Skorzeny never turned their cheek the other way because of some scar or facial flaw.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
yea, i had a black yj back in the day and loved everything except trying to make it look somewhat clean. At the time I lived in an apartment complex and could not wash it there. So it was always dirty looking.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Well, you sure got a lot of responses, here is one more.

I replaced my last vehicle on July 01, 2020, it was all black, with a Sting Grey 2020 Willys.

I live at the end of a dirt road in the country. Black looks really good when clean, but just one drive on my dirt road was all it took to make it look bad.

I agree with the comments of White, it does hide the dirt, at least better than black.

What I found that is so nice with my Sting Grey Willys is, all I really need to do is take my pressure washer to the exterior and wipe it down. In less than 30 minuets, the job is done and it's looking like new again. As I said, I live in the country, which also means I get my water from a well. The water is the best drinking / tasting water, but it's high in minerals - which normally means water spots. NOT with my Sting Grey, I don't know what it is, but when washing my black vehicle, it was a major job with the same water spotting, not with the Sting Grey..

Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Really? The black shows through it but it might be a cooler look. White with a undertone of black could be a awesome look. I'd call her Smokey!
Depending on how the sunlight hits it, it could be an awesome look :)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sting Gray unequivocally is the best color on a Wrangler. It's like asking what's your favorite flavor of ice-cream...while it may not be admitted out loud, but everyone knows...Rocky Road is the best.
No way dude, any of the greyscale or variants of grey are the equivalent of vanilla. Silver, grey, black, white, etc... all vanilla. I’ll always take my car or Jeep with some color (i.e. flavor) in it.

I do believe that the greys/silvers hide the dirt better or look cleaner longer. Black is the worst in this respect.

Between white or black, definitely get white.

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to let who's following and answered to this thread. I just received my Jeep Willys today, i'm impressed by it in every way. All I can say is Right out of the box I can't think of anything I want to do to it further. It's the reason I bought into this Jeep family. I should've done this along time ago. Thanks guys/gals.

20200729_234554.jpg

20200729_234458.jpg

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't even sleep right now and i can't get out of the drivers seat. My wife had to call me in. I feel like a kid again

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God damn, i gotta work in the morning..

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Jeep disease, worse then covid...:crying:

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotta go in the house now and leave the Jeep and I have the shakes

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why I'm like this, it's just a vehicle....IT'S NOT JUST ANOTHER VEHICLE, IT'S A JEEP MAN!

Gillytickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2.0 Turbo, 2" MOPAR lift
It'll be there tomorrow... hopefully. Ha
Sponsored