Sponsored

New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma.

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
Hey everyone I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy with a 2L motor version. I'm excited to own my first Jeep and join this community. I should have my hands on it by upcoming midweek as the dealership has 2 of these models coming in. They have a black and a white one arriving midweek. I chose the white body with black trims, wheels and top. But also like the all black model. Any pros/cons to either color. Or what's the concesous amongst members for their favorite colors choices?
Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
White can get really dirty and scratched and still look clean. Black is hard to keep looking fresh in my past experience owning black cars - for some reason scratches and road/trail grime just don't appear as readily on a white vehicle. On the flip side, I almost never see all-black JLs, so it'd be a cool choice too. I'd be just as torn if I was presented with a choice of one or the other, but I love my all white JLR.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma. 3038F0C8-886A-4305-819F-9BDE375F72B0_1_105_c

Last edited:

Jl Jimmy

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Hey everyone I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy with a 2L motor version. I'm excited to own my first Jeep and join this community. I should have my hands on it by upcoming midweek as the dealership has 2 of these models coming in. They have a black and a white one arriving midweek. I chose the white body with black trims, wheels and top. But also like the all black model. Any pros/cons to either color. Or what's the concesous amongst members for their favorite colors choices?
Go for the white as stated above me. Believe it or not it's less maintenance than black. It'd be covered in dust in 2 days after washing it. White conceals more in my opinion. Here is my 2Dr Bulliet Grey JL with that 2L option as well. Does fantastic in the trails btw.

DSC_2632 (1).jpg

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go for the white as stated above me. Believe it or not it's less maintenance than black. It'd be covered in dust in 2 days after washing it. White conceals more in my opinion. Here is my 2Dr Bulliet Grey JL with that 2L option as well. Does fantastic in the trails btw.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma. DSC_2632 (1)
I love the Bulliet Grey colors, that's the other color on my list lol. They have one in a 2 door sport model, not my favorite.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Black looks amazing freshly detailed and gleaming in the sun, and It looks great at night after a quick wash. At all other times when you look at it, if you're honest with yourself, you think "just about any other color is better than this."

I still like black vehicles though, my new F350 is all black and I love it.

However, do as I say not as I do......I vote white.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spinrite

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White can get really dirty and scratched and still look clean. Black is hard to keep looking fresh in my past experience owning black cars - for some reason scratches and road/trail grime just don't appear as readily on a white vehicle. On the flip side, I almost never see all-black JLs, so it'd be a cool choice too. I'd be just as torn if I was presented with a choice of one or the other, but I love my all white JLR.
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Wrangler Willy owner color delemma. DSC_2632 (1)
Yeah looks good in white. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Sting Gray unequivocally is the best color on a Wrangler. It's like asking what's your favorite flavor of ice-cream...while it may not be admitted out loud, but everyone knows...Rocky Road is the best.

But back on topic, let me get some quick statistics...

if you visit the Show & Tell: JL Wrangler Photos & Videos section of the forum, the
STING GRAY Wrangler JL Club is over 600 pages long,
MOJITO! Wrangler JL Club is over 500 pages long,
OCEAN BLUE Wrangler JL Club is over 200 pages long,
GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC Wrangler JL Club is over 120 pages long,
BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club is less than 80 pages long,
The other colors are just new or boring or both, so their threads are short.

I'm just kidding! Statistics is just another word for "lies"! LOL

Welcome to Wrangler ownership! Remember to get some Wrangler pants and shorts, too. They are sold at fine clothing stores everywhere.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
All I will say is our black Durango is beautiful when its clean but it gets dirty just sitting in the garage, not kidding, Its crazy how fast after cleaning dust shows on black.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
It's a well known fact that firecracker red has more horse power and care during assembly.
i thought that every Firecracker red Jeep, regardless of what motor was listed on the sticker actually had a hemi. True?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
All I will say is our black Durango is beautiful when its clean but it gets dirty just sitting in the garage, not kidding, Its crazy how fast after cleaning dust shows on black.
This is true of every black vehicle that I have owned.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Like others have said black looks great when clean, but gets dirty very fast. I do see more white vehicles in general on the road.

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
I have black. I was in a debate between Black, White, Sting Grey, Granite, and Billet. In the end I went with black because the look was just so sinister. I kinda also like the look when a little bit of dirt is just kicked up onto the Jeep, makes it look meaner. But I agree the dirt will be much more visible on black. But you can't beat the look of a black jeep with dark tinted windows. Also, those front halos are far more noticeable on the black from when I've seen them on the road. Feel free to take a look at my instagram to see how a tinted jeep looks in black. @jeeperinthe6
Sponsored