Sponsored

New Jeep Wrangler to Lose Weight, Confirmed 1st Half 2017, Jeep Pickup in Early 2018

PSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
A good estimate would probably be in Spring 2017. They can debut the Wrangler JL at Detroit auto show in Jan. or NY show in April and open order banks right after to capitalize on the attention and buzz. Plus in past model years the order bank for JK has opened around May-June, so this timing would remain consistent.
Ok say you can order beginning Spring 2017. When would we actually be able to take delivery?
Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Ok say you can order beginning Spring 2017. When would we actually be able to take delivery?
Can't remember where I read it but some sources were saying that production will begin in late fall / early winter 2017. If thats true then we'll see JL Wranglers hit dealers in Q1 of 2018.

jb1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ Wrangler
Still a long time to go. I hope there are some more surprises before then.

SF_E60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Wrangler JKU (Sahara)
I'm waiting for diesel option to become available though that might be even further down possibly 2019-2020.

Frankie L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
As for the Jeep (JP) pickup truck, Manley has confirmed it will be introduced in early 2018, stating:
Wrangler pickup sounding interesting to me. What does introduced mean? They'll reveal it or start selling it in early 2018?

Sponsored

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Wrangler pickup sounding interesting to me. What does introduced mean? They'll reveal it or start selling it in early 2018?
My guess is that means it will be revealed then (Detroit auto show?) with a sale date by Spring/Summer 2018.

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Can't remember where I read it but some sources were saying that production will begin in late fall / early winter 2017. If thats true then we'll see JL Wranglers hit dealers in Q1 of 2018.
That's FCA's planned schedule, but that's also assuming there's no delays. Cherokee and Renegade were both delayed so don't be shocked if same were to happen with JL production.

Jelly Belly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
With few changes (that we know of), production staying in Toledo, and no HUGE tooling/assembly changes that would be required with an all aluminum body hope the late Fall 2017 stays true.
Sponsored