Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler sales have been amazing (over 200k units sold in 2015), but also constrained by production capacity. However, with a $700M investment at the Toledo Assembly North Plant, the production capacity will be expanded to more than 450,000 Wranglers annually. In addition to increased production capacity, the investment will also add 700 jobs at Toledo North Plant to help deal with the increased production.

And FCA believes it will sell that many Wranglers too. It's been reported that the company expects to build 350,000 Wranglers (2 and 4 door models), in addition to 100,000 Wrangler pickups. If these predictions are accurate, total next-gen Wrangler sales could top 450,000 annually when it comes to market in 2018!

Source: Detroit Free Press
Sponsored

Rockcrawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and Bikes
That's incredible considering the top selling car last year was the Camry at 361k units. And the fact that they think they can sell 100k pickups in its first year just shows you how big the pickup space is. If I remember correctly the Ford F series pickups sold almost 800k last year!

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Curious to see how much of that is expected to be from expanded production and how much will be from the latest and greatest Wrangler.

Jeep XXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
100,000 Wrangler pickups on top of what they already sell is really impressive. This also definitively answers the question of whether the pickup will be badged a Wrangler. If it is being included in Wrangler sales projections it must be.

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

100,000 Wrangler pickups on top of what they already sell is really impressive. This also definitively answers the question of whether the pickup will be badged a Wrangler. If it is being included in Wrangler sales projections it must be.
Hopefully that means it will also be available with two doors and the roof comes off. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Doyles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK Wrangler
Hopefully that means it will also be available with two doors and the roof comes off. Fingers crossed.
I'd be surprised if they offered the pickup with different door configurations, at least initially. With how how pick up sales are they probably can meet that 100k pickup sales projection with just a single 4 door model.

Eddie_T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport, 2015 Charger
I'm willing to bet they easily break that 100k mark for the pickup if they make both 2 and 4 door versions.
And that's crazy that they're basically saying they could sell 100k more regular Wranglers per year right now (since they made 248,691 in 2016) if they had the capacity to produce them.

N.Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 TJ
These projected sales numbers definitely included diesel models so I wonder how much the lack of a diesel option (if it comes to that) will affect the estimates.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
One less right here!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
One less right here!
Same with me. No diesel I'm going else ware most likely unless the 4cly is amazing and they fix every gripe I have about the JK(which is not likely)

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
These projected sales numbers definitely included diesel models so I wonder how much the lack of a diesel option (if it comes to that) will affect the estimates.
Exactly.
Count me out until a diesel is offered.
Sponsored