First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Another pic off the website for 2020 JLU Sahara...

47E8246B-9324-46AE-862C-4B97E3C367C3.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
FCA made too many JLs. This pandemic and factory shutting down stopped supplies. The shutdown inadvertently is propping up JL values. There would have been huge fire sales if the factory kept pumping out new Wranglers.

Congrats on your MOAB!
Thanks, Nick!

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Gotta say I've never been a fan of the green but that thing looks pretty tasty! Nice!

Yeah, it may be that since for the last 25 years Iā€˜ve driven dark cars for work (either black or dark blue), I like my Jeeps bright: Flame Red TJ, Hydro Blue JKU, and now Mojito! (green) MOAB (which the wife will actually drive more than me because Iā€™m keeping both other Jeeps).

BTW, we have a Boyceville here in Wisconsin, which one might you be from?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Congrats Steve, and agree, that black grill on your Moab look awesome!
Nice to hear your Jeep history too, how 'bout the whole list :)

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Congrats Steve, and agree, that black grill on your Moab look awesome!
Nice to hear your Jeep history too, how 'bout the whole list :)
Jeeps
1953 M38A1 - Air Force Blue
1972 CJ-5 - Burnt Orange
2004 TJ Willys Edition - Moss Green (think OD green) (sold to BIL)
2005* TJ Rocky Mountain Edition - Flame Red
2008 JKU Sahara - Black
2016 Renegade - Red (not sure this is a real Jeep)
2016* JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue
2019* JLU MOAB - Mojito!

* Still in possession

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Jeeps
1953 M38A1 - Air Force Blue
1972 CJ-5 - Burnt Orange
2004 TJ Willys Edition - Moss Green (think OD green) (sold to BIL)
2005* TJ Rocky Mountain Edition - Flame Red
2008 JKU Sahara - Black
2016 Renegade - Red (not sure this is a real Jeep)
2016* JKU Sahara - Hydro Blue
2019* JLU MOAB - Mojito!

* Still in possession
Nice group, still miss my 74 :(

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just was able to lock in a price after quite literally months of back and forth with multiple dealers in the Charlotte, NC area. Original plan was to custom order (had 8% under invoice locked in) but then with the factory shut down I didn't want to wait and miss this beautiful Spring and Summer weather.

Getting 11.47% off MSRP for a 2020 JLUR. First car I had in high school and throughout college was a 98 TJ so I'm incredibly excited to be in a Wrangler.

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Just was able to lock in a price after quite literally months of back and forth with multiple dealers in the Charlotte, NC area. Original plan was to custom order (had 8% under invoice locked in) but then with the factory shut down I didn't want to wait and miss this beautiful Spring and Summer weather.

Getting 11.47% off MSRP for a 2020 JLUR. First car I had in high school and throughout college was a 98 TJ so I'm incredibly excited to be in a Wrangler.

Congrats! Sounds like a fair price on a 2020 JLUR. Iā€™m probably still a Jeep guy all these years later because my first vehicle at age 14 (to roam a 100 acre hobby farm) was a Jeep (the M38A1 described above) and Iā€™ve never gotten it out of my blood (thank goodness).

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
UPDATE TO THE EARLIER UPDATE

As I said, vehicle manufacturers are nothing if not predictably unpredictable. The ā€œEmployee Pricing for Allā€ that was on the 2019 JLs and JLUs and went ā€œoffā€ on April 30th, has apparently come back this afternoon. The dealer I purchased from in CA has once again applied this FCA discount, but did not show the $250 ā€œCash Allowanceā€ despite it being shown on FCAā€™s Jeep website (and which the dealer showed last week). So the long and short of it is, 2019 Wranglers are back to being fairly heavily discounted, approaching or exceeding the 20% off MSRP mark on some vehicles. Now one caveat I noticed, while searching other dealer websites, not all are showing the FCA discounts for whatever reason. There is no indication that the discounts are zip code specific, so it may just be a negotiating strategy by the various dealers. Nevertheless, if youā€™re buying a new 2019 JL or JLU, the discounts should be substantial. Donā€™t settle for less and shop around.

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
  • How do I get a direct marketing coupon. ???
    Yeah. All the dealer needs is your name and zipcode to see if you have any Direct Marketing Cash. In the past Wranglers were not eligible for DM cash. I take that back. It was sometimes available on left over Wranglers but not often. Usually Wranglers were excluded.
Wranglers are not like the rest of the FCA products where there are 180+ day supplies on some models. Supply for Wranglers are not high. I think they are actually below the normal 90 day suppy now? Wranglers seem to be selling even in these tough times. It's starting to seem like the dealers are holding on price for Wranglers because they have less then 90 days supply now. I am not seeing any fire sales. All the other cash incentives were for very select left over 2018 and 2019 models.

I might be wrong but I think the only real incentives on 2020s was 0% and the use of Direct Marketing Cash. That's not to say there might not be a dealer here of there that dumps some to get cash-flow or hit a quota. But that happens in a healthy economy. Overall I don't think the 2020s are selling for less then the 2019's a year ago when the economy was healthier and supplies were plentiful. The left over 2018 and 2019s got cash incentives to offset the depreciation for being 1-2 years old.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
I got the $500 ā€œBonus Cash Allowanceā€ coupon about a month ago and it expired on 04/30/2020. I used it last week along with all of the other incentives (totaling nearly 20% off MSRP) on a 2019 JLU MOAB from a dealer in CA (bought over the phone and they shipped it). As viper88 says, they just ran my name thru the FCA computer and it popped up.

This morning, my wife got a $1,000 ā€œBonus Cashā€ coupon. Here is what it said followed by the ā€œfine print.ā€ The way I read this, it can be stacked with the current FCA incentives, like ā€œEmployee Pricing,ā€ but I do not know about alliances like ā€œTread Lightly.ā€ Check w/your dealer.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”
This is your chance to put every adventure within reach. Use this $1,000 Bonus Cash Allowance(1) on most 2019 and 2020 Jeep Brand vehicles, plus Employee Pricing for everyone, with over $5,000 below MSRP on select 2020 Wrangler and Gladiator models(2). Your private offer is not available to the general public and can be combined with most national incentives for an incredible deal.

1. Valid toward the purchase or lease of select new and unused 2019 Jeep Brand vehicles (excluding Cherokee, Compass and Grand Cherokee) and select 2020 Jeep Brand Vehicles (excluding 2020 Wrangler Rubicon, Gladiator Rubicon). Take retail delivery by 06/30/2020. Not available to the general public. Valid for the person named on certificate and transferable only to immediate family members within the same household (requires proof of address via government-issued identification). Certificate must be presented to dealer at time of purchase or lease. Only one (1) certificate per email or postal mail address. Only one (1) original certificate may be redeemed per eligible customer. If original certificate is lost, a dealer can verify customer eligibility. Offer not redeemable on a purchase or lease made prior to receiving this certificate. Certificate is nonnegotiable and not redeemable for cash. See participating dealer for details. Program ID: 40CLD.

2. Employee Pricing applies to Wrangler and Gladiator models excluding 2020 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2020 Gladiator Mojave models. Over $5,000 discount applies to 2019 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon models, 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with 3.0L EcoDiesel engine, 2020 Wrangler Unlimited with 3.6L V6 engine with eTorque or 2020 Gladiator Overland model. Employee Pricing discount amount varies depending on model and is based on an FCA US sales survey of variance between average MSRP and average employee price per trim level before advertised incentives are applied. Discount may vary based on option package and features, financing terms, availability and other factors. Not compatible with subvented APR offers. Dealer determines vehicle price. Customer responsible for $200 administration fee. See dealer for details. Take retail delivery by 5/31/2020.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
  • How do I get a direct marketing coupon. ???
Hopefully you have some time. It wil not happen in a few days. Probably in a couple of weeks. You are picked by random if you inquire about FCA products. I found I got one every 3-4 request for literature. Go on to the JEEP site and request a Wrangler brochure. Do that 5-6 times. You can even request brochures for other models, it does not matter. Sooner or later they will send you Direct Marketing offers. That is whats considered a "golden ticket".

I would also check and see if your employer is a Affiliate of FCA. You can still get the Affiliate cash if you joint Tread Lightly for a $100 donation. It's a great cause. Only caveat is you have to be a member of TL for 30 days. You have to wait 30 days from the day you sign paperwork and pick up vehicle. You get a additional 2% of invoice off if you qualify for Affiliate. 1% is for you and 1% is for the dealer. Some dealers will give up the entire 2% other will not. It can be stacked.

You can also pick up another $250 after buying your Wrangler. Sign up for Allstate Bonus Drive. You do not have to be a Allstate customer. They will send you a check for $250.

Last edited:

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Wow. You know all the tricks to get good pricing. I was able to score a $500 coupon. I used the true car website to get some pricing info. Surprisingly they sent me a $500 coupon to my email address. I feel like I won the lotto. Thank you so much.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yeah, it may be that since for the last 25 years Iā€˜ve driven dark cars for work (either black or dark blue), I like my Jeeps bright: Flame Red TJ, Hydro Blue JKU, and now Mojito! (green) MOAB (which the wife will actually drive more than me because Iā€™m keeping both other Jeeps).

BTW, we have a Boyceville here in Wisconsin, which one might you be from?
I'm from the Wisconsin Boyceville. Didn't know there were two....

OP
OP
DrPerez007

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
I'm from the Wisconsin Boyceville. Didn't know there were two....
No, just inquiring if there was one outside of Wisconsin. Iā€™m closer to Prescott/River Falls area. Played football against Boyceville when I was in high school.
Sponsored