Sponsored

New Jeep Wrangler Color Indigo Blue???

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I was at my dealership this evening getting the oil changed and having the software upgrade/update done for the cruise control recall and while speaking with one of the sales guys, he mentioned a new color for the JL Wrangler that will be coming out -- Indigo Blue. I said to him, "oh, you mean Ocean Blue?" And he specifically told me, "no, Indigo Blue". Has anyone heard about this? Is this true? Perhaps it will be taking the place of Hella Yella...I don't know? Maybe this is the same color as Ocean Blue. Someone...please enlighten me!!! Or is this just a farce?
Sponsored

Last edited:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I was at my dealership this evening getting the oil changed and having the software upgrade/update done for the cruise control recall and while speaking with one of the sales guys, he mentioned a new color for the JL Wrangler that will be coming out -- Indigo Blue. I said to him, "oh, you mean Ocean Blue?" And he specifically told me, "no, Indigo Blue". Has anyone heard about this? Is this true? Perhaps it will be taking the place of Hella Yella...I don't know? Someone...please enlighten me!!! Or is this just a farce?
I'd say it's possible but.....
In my experience, this place is where all the breaking news happens first. The dealers/ sales guys are usually woefully behind.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It's always possible that the sales rep heard about this color on another model and got it confused with the JL.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Indigo Blue on other vehicles and cargo trailers always looks exactly like Ocean Blue on the JL.

At this point, there'll be no new colors until the 2019s come out I am betting.

Sponsored

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
I remember when I talked to the boss of the biggest Jeep dealership of Berlin about the Jeep Renegade and he said: "There's a new color coming out. It's (pretends to speak french) ooonviiieeh."

He meant Anvil. Which by the way was available over a year for the Renegade.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I was at my dealership this evening getting the oil changed and having the software upgrade/update done for the cruise control recall and while speaking with one of the sales guys, he mentioned a new color for the JL Wrangler that will be coming out -- Indigo Blue. I said to him, "oh, you mean Ocean Blue?" And he specifically told me, "no, Indigo Blue". Has anyone heard about this? Is this true? Perhaps it will be taking the place of Hella Yella...I don't know? Maybe this is the same color as Ocean Blue. Someone...please enlighten me!!! Or is this just a farce?
How long did the recall take?

OP
OP
W5MQS

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
How long did the recall take?
They changed the oil...rotated my tires and did the recall maintenance all in about 40 to 45 minutes.

dslethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK and 2018 JL
Indigo Blue on other vehicles and cargo trailers always looks exactly like Ocean Blue on the JL.

At this point, there'll be no new colors until the 2019s come out I am betting.

I don't know what Jeep has publicly stated about future colors... The engineers at CTC talk to close friends that work at dealerships. At least her in Michigan many of the dealerships know what's coming. I'll tell you to keep your money in your pocket and not bet :) I just order my new JL 2 days ago.

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
My 2018 Challenger T/A is IndiGo Blue.

IMG_6679Rev.jpg
IMG_6683Rev.jpg

Sponsored

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
In my experience... dealers and salesmen are completely oblivious.
Yea, 2 days ago I had a clueless Jeep salesman tell me they won't start building the 2 door JLs until some time in the future, and that you can't get the Ocean Blue color on a Wrangler!
Sponsored