New Jeep Veers right

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Wonder if this is more noticeable on the Rubicon vs the Sahara?
I think it is . They gave me a sahara loaner and it did not do this to the extent the Rubicon did. Suspension is a bit different, axles, who knows.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think it is . They gave me a sahara loaner and it did not do this to the extent the Rubicon did. Suspension is a bit different, axles, who knows.
Likely the tires that are causing the difference.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Likely the tires that are causing the difference.
Could be. Maybe the all terrain tires follow/ "grab" the grade a bit more. Im not a huge fan of the new steering system due to this. Plus it whines. But other that that, I love the 8spd with the 4:10 gears.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Could be. Maybe the all terrain tires follow/ "grab" the grade a bit more. Im not a huge fan of the new steering system due to this. Plus it whines. But other that that, I love the 8spd with the 4:10 gears.
Yes, the AT tires will wander dramatically more.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Mine wasn't pulling to the right until they did the V41 steering stabilizer recall. I brought it back in, they put on another V41 steering stabilizer and it is no longer pulling to the right. If you remove the steering stabilizer and test drive it, it will help confirm if it is the steering stabilizer or not.

Sponsored

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Mine wasn't pulling to the right until they did the V41 steering stabilizer recall. I brought it back in, they put on another V41 steering stabilizer and it is no longer pulling to the right. If you remove the steering stabilizer and test drive it, it will help confirm if it is the steering stabilizer or not.
Interesting. So I took a short 100 mile road trip today. Seemed to track ok. The more I pay attention to it, it really just seems like the JLURs are more sensitive to the grade /crest/curvature of the roads than other vehicles. When the road is nice and flat, it stays the course. When there is a slight slope, off it goes. My other jeeps went straight regardless. Gotta be the new steering setup, suspension, or combination there of. Knowing that I test drove 2 others that felt the same, I'm not too concerned.

I wouldn't let them put eccentric caster bolts in mine cause I didn't want them turning square holes into rectangles. I may consider adjustable lowers in the future to compensate if it bothers me. That is not to expensive .

I'm finally starting to enjoy my ride, will consider a different after market stabilizer too. Totally makes sense, thanks for the info!

Is there a way to know if the stabilizer is a pre recall one?

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
If it's a two lane road, the right one will make you go right...the left one left...see if that's the case. if so, it's just the angle of the road for drainage.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Yeah, im familia . It just wasn't that consistent. Plus, in my jku and tj, I could point my steering wheel to the left a little and it would go left. When I first got my jlur, I couldn't get it to not veer right. After they loosened the front and rear suspension components and "jostled" the vehicle in the ground then re tightened, they said it was less noticeable. Then they pulled the power steering fuse and drove it - zero pull/veer. They replaced the fuse and said it no longer pulled. Maybe the power steering unit reset or something. It still follows the lay of the road way more sensitive than other past jeeps, but that's the nature of the new technology I suppose

jy86206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392 Sarge Green
Got a 21 JLU Sport Altitude with Selec-trac, I feel it tends to pull to the right, especially on some road that the crown is visible, I need to hold the wheel to the left a bit to make it straight, on some road it's just OK. The interesting thing is that the pulling seems to be more obvious in 4H AUTO when the front axis is engaged. I'm still figuring out if this is normal.

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
As others have said tire pressure plays a big part. My 2 door is happy with 32psi cold. But play around with it a bit, a few psi can make a big difference.

jy86206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392 Sarge Green
As others have said tire pressure plays a big part. My 2 door is happy with 32psi cold. But play around with it a bit, a few psi can make a big difference.
Currently running 36-37 psi cold, will try 34 psi. I found it's hard to truly center the car with the play in steering wheel, but more time drifting to right.
Sponsored