Sponsored

New Jeep Rubicon - What is this stuff?

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Hey everyone! I bought my first brand new Jeep this week and can’t be more excited. When I was going through unwrapping all the goodies I found these things in a bag. I was able to make out most of the items like the ACC cover, the wire connectors for the aux, and the tow hitch cover. I just can’t for the life of me figure out what these other pieces are and what they are for. I’ve looked high and low online and on this forum. Your help is appreciated.

B738DEF8-1EBF-49D8-A08A-7D8BB248A418.jpeg
Sponsored

Clackalack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
The velcro straps are to secure the top when you put it down. You wrap them around the frame to stop it bouncing around. The elastic straps snap in to the soft top above the rear window and you can roll the window up and use them to secure it somehow. The other things I have no clue.

OP
OP
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
That's very strange to get something
The velcro straps are to secure the top when you put it down. You wrap them around the frame to stop it bouncing around. The elastic straps snap in to the soft top above the rear window and you can roll the window up and use them to secure it somehow. The other things I have no clue.
Thanks for the insight! It's so strange to get those parts when I have a hard top. At least I know I have them. I know the brief case looking thing is the ACC cover. I just don't know what the other thing is for. It almost looks like a fuse cap of some sort. It says "do not remove"...

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
The briefcase looking thing is a cover for the Adaptive Cruise Control when the windshield is folded down, the little trapezoid cover is for the OBDII port.

Gregj

OP
OP
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
The briefcase looking thing is a cover for the Adaptive Cruise Control when the windshield is folded down, the little trapezoid cover is for the OBDII port.

Gregj
Very Much appreciated!

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Hey everyone! I bought my first brand new Jeep this week and can’t be more excited. When I was going through unwrapping all the goodies I found these things in a bag. I was able to make out most of the items like the ACC cover, the wire connectors for the aux, and the tow hitch cover. I just can’t for the life of me figure out what these other pieces are and what they are for. I’ve looked high and low online and on this forum. Your help is appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Rubicon - What is this stuff? B738DEF8-1EBF-49D8-A08A-7D8BB248A418
The straps are for soft top but it looks like Jeep left the plan design case for the next version of the 2025 Jeep JM In your vehicle. The plans are embedded Inside. I hope it has hovercraft mode And an ice cream dispenser. OR it’s the macfarland pad to help line up the cam locked Flojet manifold. As you can see I have no idea.
Sponsored