Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The first few seconds of the video.... Ouch!

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I crapped my pants just watching that white JL at the end there. Damn, that's a little bit of damage going on. Sorry to see that.

Great video though!

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Cringed when I watched that and you guys did a good job prefacing that with showing the trouble they had on a lesser obstacle earlier in the vid. That won’t buff out. I would like to see that full repair estimate!

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
I am far from any kind of expert in offroad wheeling, but one of my biggest takeaways from this video is that on an obstacle like that (the chute), slow and steady is the name of the game. Kevin's approach was to take his time, listen to his spotter, adjust as necessary, and trust the jeep to work. The novice decided to go much faster and not give himself time to react to the both the obstacle's nuances and the spotter(s) commands.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am far from any kind of expert in offroad wheeling, but one of my biggest takeaways from this video is that on an obstacle like that (the chute), slow and steady is the name of the game. Kevin's approach was to take his time, listen to his spotter, adjust as necessary, and trust the jeep to work. The novice decided to go much faster and not give himself time to react to the both the obstacle's nuances and the spotter(s) commands.
You hit the nail on the head. The spotter, and a couple others, were telling him where he needed to be and he wasn’t there.

Still, if he’s new to wheeling, that does not look to be a beginners obstacle. I always tell folks new to the sport/pastime, is to start small. Learn how to wheel on small tires, to take it slow and pick the right lines, and to get used to how your vehicle reacts on the trail before you slap some 37s under there and get yourself into a sketchy situation where you’re not comfortable.

If the owner is watching; learn from it and come back to conquer that one another day!

One more note on spotters: choose them wisely and make sure they know what they’re doing and that they are more worried about you and your rig than they are about shooting videos! ;)

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Props to him for getting back out there. I was on a trip where a guy flipped his fairly new JK and busted it up pretty good. He got a little help getting his rig upright, kicked the windshield out and kept on going. He finished the whole weekend in fact. Champ!

AaronW

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Wrangler 2015
First time watching one of your videos and I'm hooked! Was some great wheeling and spotting done there. Wish we had tracks even remotely like this in Aus

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
First time watching one of your videos and I'm hooked! Was some great wheeling and spotting done there. Wish we had tracks even remotely like this in Aus
Thanks for watching. We have tons of video. Check out the DeWoody one. That’s sure to impress!! Lol

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I would like to see a new Range Rover , Ridgeline , new land cruiser , and any of the other poser mall crawlers try that .
Well done !

NeoMaximuz

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Unlimited Rubicon JL
Hey Kevin! I didn't know you guys posted on here, though I should have guessed!

I started watching your videos when I started looking on Youtube for videos on the JL. You guys are crazy, but I mean that as a compliment! I have a 2019 JLUR on order, and whenever I want to show my wife what we'll be capable of doing, I show them one of your videos. I don't think I'll have the guts to do what you guys do, but it's good to know the JL can!

Keep on having fun! Although it's not super crazy, it would be neat to see you guys tackle Big Bend in Texas.

Reactions: TMP

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
I would like to see a new Range Rover , Ridgeline , new land cruiser , and any of the other poser mall crawlers try that .
Well done !
Yeah, you tell em....
Maybe I will bring my poser SRT out there next weekend....Because if it can't do that, I guess it is not really a Jeep? To each their own, I guess......