First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
How do you like the roof? They are auto retract right? I am not real familiar with them.
Absolutely love it! Itā€™s one touch and itā€™s smooth as butter. Iā€™ve owned two soft top Jeepā€™s before this one and the Sky One Touch feels just like taking the soft top off IMO with the open air feeling.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
When you come back here with a bent rim I'm gonna be the first to say "I told ya so"
I wouldnā€™t expect anything less. šŸ¤£

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hey all!

Had my new Jeep a week now and it offgasses so badly that it gives my wife a headache. Due to Covid, she doesnā€™t want to drive at all with windows down, top open, etc. šŸ˜© She also doesnā€™t want me to drive it until the VOCā€™s clear up. šŸ˜³šŸ˜¤. With this said, do any of you have good experiences with some form of quick off gassing technique so we can get to driving it sooner than later?
Leave the wife at home, and take the dog. They enjoy a good ride with the windows down, or the top off.
Life is too short to worry about a "New Car Smell".

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The other 49 states view California as one big warning sticker.
I live in CA and I know it's one big warning sticker to the other states.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Hard to believe this thread even exists.
New car smell is too harsh, wife worried about cancer from it too, wife concerned about catching COVID driving with the windows down.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
New car smell is the hard plastics off gassing primarily. To speed up the process you need heat. Park the jeep with all the windows up, crank the heat to high, and leave it running for an hour.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
New car smell is the hard plastics off gassing primarily. To speed up the process you need heat. Park the jeep with all the windows up, crank the heat to high, and leave it running for an hour.
Iā€™ve actually left it in the hot sun daily and baked it since receiving great input here on this thread. Thankfully it has helped a lot it seems. And Iā€™ve cranked the heat, turned on seat warmers (really glad I opted for the cold weather groupšŸ˜‰), and turned on steering wheel warmer whenever I drive it. Eventually, when Iā€™m not so lazy, Iā€™ll bring out the steamer and steam it all.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Hard to believe this thread even exists.
New car smell is too harsh, wife worried about cancer from it too, wife concerned about catching COVID driving with the windows down.
It probably doesnā€™t help that her father has cancer and was only expected to live until last year (thankfully heā€™s doing amazing and you wouldnā€™t even know he was ever diagnosed in the first place!).

And our son has been in and out of the ER and hospitalized far too many times for respiratory illnesses that would have probably only caused the rest of us a regular cough. The poor little dude has used too many Albuterol Nebulizers and ingested far too much oral steroids to help him breath throughout his life. I can definitely vouch for her concern, but sometimes it gets a bit much. But, Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry and have something happen to our little dude. šŸ˜‰. And besides, a happy wife is a happy life! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Thanks for all the great input, help and laughter you all have given me throughout this thread! But I believe this is a closed case now as the Jeep isnā€™t smelling anymore, and Iā€™ve been driving it daily and LOVING IT! šŸ˜

Deleted member 59498

Thanks for all the great input, help and laughter you all have given me throughout this thread! But I believe this is a closed case now as the Jeep isnā€™t smelling anymore, and Iā€™ve been driving it daily and LOVING IT! šŸ˜
Great looking Jeep, even if you did steal my color.

Ok can close now I am done :)

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
It probably doesnā€™t help that her father has cancer and was only expected to live until last year (thankfully heā€™s doing amazing and you wouldnā€™t even know he was ever diagnosed in the first place!).

And our son has been in and out of the ER and hospitalized far too many times for respiratory illnesses that would have probably only caused the rest of us a regular cough. The poor little dude has used too many Albuterol Nebulizers and ingested far too much oral steroids to help him breath throughout his life. I can definitely vouch for her concern, but sometimes it gets a bit much. But, Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry and have something happen to our little dude. šŸ˜‰. And besides, a happy wife is a happy life! šŸ˜‚
I hear ya man- some of it sounds like it's coming from emotions rather than fact, but I get it. Keep the peace. Thanks for the color. I apologize if I came off brash.

Deleted member 59498

Sounds like mom being a mom. My daughter had the same problems. Thankfully she got better into late teens early adulthood. Many many nights of lost sleep with albuterol pump in bed! Well worth every second though! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Sounds like mom being a mom. My daughter had the same problems. Thankfully she go better into late teens early adulthood. Many many nights of lost sleep with albuterol pump in bed! Well worth every second though! :)
Oh manā€¦those were definitely horrible nights and thankfully our son hasnā€™t needed a Neb for a few years now, so I hear ya brother. He still uses an inhaler often though. Good to hear your daughter outgrew it!
Sponsored