Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
I know many share my prayers for the Marchionne family. 66 years of life, for a man no less with the means to have the best health care can provide, is too early: as may be my question, which is not intended to be disrespectful in light of this loss to FCA or Marchionne's family.

From what I can glean, Marchionne's recent surgery may have been a bit of a "hail mary" pass of sorts in response to his sarcoma: a cancer with a history of difficulty to treat. His age, combined with what may have been already diminished health from his illness, may have contributed to his effectively, and sadly, dying on the operating table.

Mr. Marchionne will go down as having added significant value to the Chrysler brand, and Mr. Manley is viewed as a strong successor. I can only hope that his recent passing spared him additional suffering from what was likely a dismal prognosis, much as I know his survivors would have wanted more time with him. Agree or disagree with his business decisions, all executives have a personal side of their lives, with people they love, and who love them back, and will miss them.

But all this said, is there talk of who will occupy Mr. Manley's former position as head of the Jeep brand?
Sponsored