Sponsored

New Jeep Parts

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Just got a new wrangler and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the first parts to put on?
Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Cheap and easy. Get your feet wet.

Dead pedal. I have the MORE dead pedal but there are others. GIves you somewhere for your left foot to sit and its much more comfortable. If you're very tall maybe you don't need it.

Stubby antenna. Why FCA continues to use an ugly metal whip baffles me. Hell. They ought to ditch it entirely and put a fractal antenna on top of the rollcage next to the GPS and Sirius antennas where you can't see it. Anyway it's like twenty bucks and just unscrews.

Rattle-can flat black high heat (aka bbq) spray paint for the muffler & tailpipe. Makes the giant silver can under the bumper disappear and cleans up the back end. For like six bucks. Use a sheet of cardboard to avoid overspray.

Fumoto valve (if you change your own oil). Replaces your drain plug and makes oil changes a five minute nearly tool-less experience. I always put fumoto valves on my vehicles.

Sport S - remove the stupid air dams - the pieces of plastic that connect your front bumper to the fenders. It's only a few screws. It's free. The only purposes is to make the sport look uglier than the sahara so people spend more money.

Soft top binding straps. Get some kind of velcro straps, about 3' long, to tightly bundle your soft top while driving. Keeps it from buffeting and improves your rear view. I had (and just lost!) a set of Scotch RF RF3782 binding straps that were absolutely perfect for the job. Exactly the right length, and instead of having to feed the bitter end of the Velcro strap through a D-ring, the end is a C-ring so you just slip it in the side. I can't find them in Canada now, but seems Home Depot in 'Murica still has them.

Basic recovery equipment. Get yourself a recovery strap, gloves, etc to keep in the trunk.

One-Hole D-Rings - remove the hard top mounting bolts and reinstall with D-Rings attached for tying down loads. If you've only got a soft top, you'll need bolts too, but the holes are there.

Rollbar grab handles. Take your pick. Many out there.

Doorless side mirrors. You can get cheap ones that mount to the hinges. many seem to vibrate a bit which isn't great. If you spend a bit more you can get grab handle mounted mirrors from Carolina metal masters. Can 100% recommend them. Fantastic. But doesn't fall under "cheap" in my book.

MOPAR all weather mats. They're fantastic and the fronts integrate with the drain holes.

Carpet delete - not for everyone. I pulled mine to clean them and decided to keep them out. Free. Easy. I just run with the all-weather mats on top of the body. Adds a little more body colour to the interior as well. Free.

Door detainer delete - again, not for everyone. To remove your doors you have to remove the nuts from the underside of the hinge pins, and then you can leave them off forever. But the stupid door detainer that holds the door open or halfway has to be unbolted every time. The JL is the only wrangler with this, and it's not actually needed. You can push it right inside the door and go back to a classic Jeep door experience. Makes door removal tool-less, forever. But its free.

Fill the gap between the fenders and body with weatherstripping. Many examples on the forum of products you can use. Keeps stones out.

Reactions: Seb