Il Commandante

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Dear fellow Jeepers,

first I like to thank all of you for the wealth of information you have brought together here. Before buying, and when planning the first modifications, I learned a lot browsing this forum. And still do, every time I need information.

However, there are two questions I couldn't find answers for so far:

1. When I start my Jeep, the Radio/Audio system comes on, no matter if it was on or off when I stopped the engine the last time. Is there any way to stop/change that?

2. What is that thing on the Foto that I have attached? It was in the glove box on delivery.

Thank you very much!

Dirk

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Owners' probably redundant questions 14A87B7D-0CEC-4964-A9E3-0A84AFA4188E
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Owners' probably redundant questions 9D41B9A2-962C-40FE-9CB7-7B0ADE13411B
Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Not a definitive answer, but I believe your radio automatically comes-on for the back-up Camera to operate in case you are backing up. Not certain if you can change that through your U-connect menu, or if such gizmos such as procal, Tazer or Jscan can change that.

As for what was in your glove box, no idea, never saw that myself.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
From installing lock cylinders in my various Thule accessories, it looks like a dummy lock cylinder core with removal tab. Probably when installing the glove compartment, the tech is supposed to remove the dummy core and replace with the actual lock keyed to your ignition key.

The Thule dummy cores are flush, as use of a lock is optional. This one looks like a removal tab, as the glove compartment would never be installed without a keyed lock.

That's guessing!

OP
OP
Il Commandante

Il Commandante

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
From installing lock cylinders in my various Thule accessories, it looks like a dummy lock cylinder core with removal tab. Probably when installing the glove compartment, the tech is supposed to remove the dummy core and replace with the actual lock keyed to your ignition key.

The Thule dummy cores are flush, as use of a lock is optional. This one looks like a removal tab, as the glove compartment would never be installed without a keyed lock.

That's guessing!
Sounds sensible to me, thank you!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It must be some sort of earplug, so you don’t have to hear the radio every time you start the Jeep.

See? Jeep thinks of everything! 😫